Interest or "microagression"?

10 minutes ago, pubic_assistance said:

Thank you @Rand

I find it VERY strange that anyone would take offense at the word "exotic", since personally I find that many of the people who's parents were from two very separate parts of the globe are some of the most beautiful. Hardly a comment meant to disparage anyone. More often I am celebrating the beauty in cross-cultural pairings.

I suppose people will color the reasoning behind the background question based on their personality trait or life experiences. If one sees a rapist in every man and a witch in every woman the outcome of the conversation is obvious.
Couple of my friends were through rough times in life based on their ethnicity or race and that leaves long lasting scars, hence their caution about that topic. Both of them were born in raised in USA. I'm guessing the complicated racial history is to blame.

I will state yet again: the context is the key and don't be an ass-head. 

🫰

11 minutes ago, José Soplanucas said:

I am glad the local racists are having their party.

...people will color the reasoning behind the background question based on their personality trait or life experiences. If one sees a rapist in every man and a witch in every woman the outcome of the conversation is obvious.

In this case @José Soplanucassees racists not rapists.

Sorry Jose if you've had some bad experiences in life. But not every white man is a racist. ( By the way, I'm mixed race, not 100% white )

Edited by pubic_assistance
spelling

29 minutes ago, José Soplanucas said:

I am glad the local racists are having their party. So the people who did not get to know them in the P forum now they do. :)

@pubic_assistance, because José Soplanucas couldn't come up with an argument, he stooped to name-calling.  First "supremacist" (which he cannot define), now "racists."

In Victimhood (the language of the wokety-wokes), "racist" means "anyone who disagrees with me."

14 minutes ago, BSR said:

"racist" means "anyone who disagrees with me."

What is most sad to me is that the mere notice that someone might have some INTERESTING cultural story to tell, is now jumped on by some as "racist"

What a sad place we are headed in American culture when you can't even CELEBRATE our differences.

1 hour ago, pubic_assistance said:

"Wokeism"[ wohk-iz-uhm ] 

noun

Definition: Weaponized personal grievances masquerading as a genuine social concern.

“The only religion allowed around here is wokeism,” he complained.

And that's exactly how I interpret the behavior of some right-wing actors in this forum based precisely in personal grievances with the gay community.

2 minutes ago, marylander1940 said:

that's exactly how I interpret the behavior of some right-wing actors in this forum

Let's not start throwing political terminology around please.

There are no "right wing" members here.

Just people who might maintain a more conservative approach to their opinions about social changes. Others here want broader more immediate changes. Some don't want change at all.

Everyone has different viewpoints. No need to put them into extreme boxes of political theory.

56 minutes ago, pubic_assistance said:

Let's not start throwing political terminology around please.

There are no "right wing" members here.

Just people who might maintain a more conservative approach to their opinions about social changes. Others here want broader more immediate changes. Some don't want change at all.

Everyone has different viewpoints. No need to put them into extreme boxes of political theory.

After politicizing all of the sudden you want to be a peace maker and moderate things? 

Let's say that some have alternative facts and their own agenda.

1 minute ago, marylander1940 said:

After politicizing all of the sudden you want to be a peace maker and moderate things? 

Let's say that some have alternative facts and their own agenda.

I just showed you by definition "wokeism" is a sociological term.

"Right-wing" is a political term.

We can discuss the subject from a sociological viewpoint but politics needs to stay neutral

No comments bashing the "left" or the "right" and we will keep things moving along without name calling.

2 minutes ago, pubic_assistance said:

We can discuss the subject from a sociological viewpoint but politics needs to stay neutral

No comments bashing the "left" or the "right" and we will keep things moving along without name calling.

wokeism is name calling

1 hour ago, BSR said:

@pubic_assistance, because José Soplanucas couldn't come up with an argument, he stooped to name-calling.  First "supremacist" (which he cannot define), now "racists."

In Victimhood (the language of the wokety-wokes), "racist" means "anyone who disagrees with me."

Here another example of provocation. 

13 minutes ago, marylander1940 said:

Here another example of provocation

You're still arguing instead of discussing.

Why don't you share a personal example of how you feel you suffered when someone asked you about your nationality or ethnicity? Everyone has a different experience. Feel free to share yours. You seem to be passionate about the subject. Why not share a viewpoint instead of just arguing about terminology ?

Edited by pubic_assistance
grammar

16 minutes ago, pubic_assistance said:

The original definition of woke was used by african americans in the jim crow era to mean be awake or alert of racist situations, like when traveling in the south. There were places blacks should not go and things they should not do. But nowadays it’s used pejoratively by anything the right deems as being politically correct by the left.

32 minutes ago, pubic_assistance said:

You're still arguing instead of discussing.

Why don't you share a personal example of how you feel you suffered when someone asked you about your nationality or ethnicity? Everyone has a different experience. Feel free to share yours. You seem to be passionate about the subject. Why not share a viewpoint instead of just arguing about terminology ?

What makes you feel that made me "suffered". I never had a problem with it.... Are you using the word suffering for mockiing purposes?

9 minutes ago, marylander1940 said:

What makes you feel that made me "suffered". I never had a problem with it.... Are you using the word suffering for mockiing purposes?

Absolutely not.

You seem passionate about the subject so I thought you might like to share some insight and example since you seem to disagree with some of the viewpoints offered.

All right. I'm sure everyone following this string is dying to know what my exotic stud's ethnicity is. I had an extended conversation with him (including my showing him an old photo of my biological father). He's a tenured professor of business administration, and was wearing shorts and a tank-top this evening. I wanted to lick every inch of his body so badly (though he's married and his hubby was in the same room). I finally got to ask him, and he said his Dad was Spanish-Mexican and his Mom Scottish. He said that wherever he goes, people often assume he's of their ethnicity (Arabia, Italy, etc.). I suspect he's aware that his looks are exotic (and hot). Some flirty conversation between him, my beau, and myself. I'd be so happy just to have a little taste--a little lick on his deltoid.... 😜

6 minutes ago, Unicorn said:

He said that wherever he goes, people often assume he's of their ethnicity (Arabia, Italy, etc.).

Sounds like everyone wants to give credit to their ancestry for his sexiness. 😉 That swarthy quality of the black haired Scottish mixed with Moorish- Spanish and maybe a dash of Zapotec thrown in sounds delicious.

43 minutes ago, José Soplanucas said:

The racists jumped to defend themselves without being called. I love it!

They always show too much voluntarily. 

tumblr_oan96j1kGp1r83d7lo4_500.gif

Beyond disingenuous, you're being flat-out dishonest.  It was quite obvious who you were referring to in this thread.

By the way, have you been able to come up with a definition of "supremacist"?  You called me that a few posts back yet still haven't said what it is.

3 hours ago, BSR said:

It seems to me you would qualify as woke then, because I have never seen you agree with anyone or consider anything other than you own agenda.  Just an observation, feel free to disagree and further the evidence for the validity.  

22 minutes ago, Unicorn said:

All right. I'm sure everyone following this string is dying to know what my exotic stud's ethnicity is. I had an extended conversation with him (including my showing him an old photo of my biological father). He's a tenured professor of business administration, and was wearing shorts and a tank-top this evening. I wanted to lick every inch of his body so badly (though he's married and his hubby was in the same room). I finally got to ask him, and he said his Dad was Spanish-Mexican and his Mom Scottish. He said that wherever he goes, people often assume he's of their ethnicity (Arabia, Italy, etc.). I suspect he's aware that his looks are exotic (and hot). Some flirty conversation between him, my beau, and myself. I'd be so happy just to have a little taste--a little lick on his deltoid.... 😜

First, the swarthy stud sounds hotter than Hades.  Also, nice to hear how he responded to your inquiry.  A professional victim would have had a screeching meltdown.  But a normal, well-adjusted adult simply answers the question.

3 minutes ago, purplekow said:

It seems to me you would qualify as woke then, because I have never seen you agree with anyone or consider anything other than you own agenda.  Just an observation, feel free to disagree and further the evidence for the validity.  

How often have I called people who disagree with me "racist"?  Never, or almost never (been a member here a long time, not gonna dig up 20 years of posts).

But wokety-wokes screech "racist" every 3.5 seconds, to the point that "racist" has lost any and all meaning.  Then again, wokety-wokes, as much as they ostentatiously pretend to care about racism, deep down don't give a sh*t because all they care about is themselves and their own selfish benefit, because wokety-wokes and professional victims are the most grotesquely selfish beings in the history of the human race.

12 minutes ago, BSR said:

How often have I called people who disagree with me "racist"?  Never, or almost never (been a member here a long time, not gonna dig up 20 years of posts).

But wokety-wokes screech "racist" every 3.5 seconds, to the point that "racist" has lost any and all meaning.  Then again, wokety-wokes, as much as they ostentatiously pretend to care about racism, deep down don't give a sh*t because all they care about is themselves and their own selfish benefit, because wokety-wokes and professional victims are the most grotesquely selfish beings in the history of the human race.

Woke is meant to be demeaning and your disdain in this post alone makes my point. Thanks, though I am usually disappointed by most things you post, you manage here to disappoint and not disappoint at the same time.