Are you getting a lot less spam in your e-mail recently?

I used to have to delete nearly 100 items of spam in my spam folder daily, but lately I've noted fewer than 10 items per day. Is it just me, or has there been some regulation which cut out the spam?

I rarely have more than one item a day in my 'Junk' folder and that hasn't changed.  It's a surprise to hear that some folks get a hundred, or even ten, a day.  😳

Only thing I can think of is that I rarely give out my email address except to friends and the few organizations and businesses I deal with on a regular basis.  I've had an email account for about thirty years, and use only one email address.  But I tell most folks who ask that I don't have one.  I think they look at me like an old Luddite and roll their eyes.  🙄

Fine with me, as I enjoy the peace and quiet.  😌

I'm thinking it could be a change in the spam filters, and they are doing a better job of catching spam. But then wouldn't it just result in more messages going into the spam folder rather than the usual inbox? Not sure.

The office I work in just installed Office365 across the network, and a whole bunch of things changed including spam messages going away. Every day or two I get an email summarizing messages that have been quarantined, and they're the usual suspects. The only difference is I don't see these spam messages anywhere, neither in my inbox or the junk folder. The only reason I know they exist is because of the quarantine message, otherwise I'd have no idea they were sent at all.

1 hour ago, marylander1940 said:

Does it work?

Do you only get emails from your contacts? 

Yes. It works very well.  I get hundreds of spam-mails every week that are collected in the spam folder.

Very rarely does anything get through. But of course nothing is perfect. I'd say maybe one or two every few days out of the 100 legitimate weekly e-mails

On my business account.

1 or two a week on my personal account.

10 hours ago, The Big Guy said:

I haven’t noticed much change vs. the past but I always make sure I flag any new spam using the spam filter that comes through my email  and that seems to keep things under control.  

That's a little worrisome for me. My concern is that my ISP isn't bothering to flag my spam as spam, but just deleting it without my OK. It's rare, but sometimes I do find something important in my spam filter which should not have been labeled as spam (probably about 0.5% of my spam). 

My spam folder is still as full as it normally would be after a week. Might be a matter of what email services you are all using. Perhaps those of you who are noticing a difference are all using the same service. That could be worrisome indeed, if your provider is determining by itself what is and isn't spam without letting you have the final say.

Edited by pubic_assistance
grammar

Most of my spam is political .

I do miss getting the Trump Stop the Steal requests for money. They were more entertaining than most. Every one came with a 10 fold match so I couldn’t see why they needed my 10%. 

Almost sorry I didn’t get my charter sucker gold Trump card