How long between Sessions?

XIX

I once did weekly and journeyed several hours for it. It took 4 years to burn out and could have bought an upper-tier SUV or small boat, etc. Justified the travel and paycheque expense by adding an extra weekday evening of professional practice. The effort was borderline sacrificial but may have correlated with degree of intensity of those regular 2 hours. Years later, never even think about it. All roads lead to fickle. 

Edited by SirBillybob

2 hours ago, marylander1940 said:

Really? 

I'm surprised, specially considering they already know what you're into and you could become a regular. 

I was equally surprised, yet it's happened twice. It's like they started seeing me as "easy money", mechanical performance, low energy and actively working me out the door as fast as possible.

For the topic of the thread: I will go long periods of not hiring. Usually after having a couple of negative experiences, I'll stop for a (long) while. I'm surprised that even regular clients will leave months between visits. But then the hobby can be expensive, so I understand 

9 minutes ago, Wolfer said:

I was equally surprised, yet it's happened twice. It's like they started seeing me as "easy money", mechanical performance, low energy and actively working me out the door as fast as possible.

For the topic of the thread: I will go long periods of not hiring. Usually after having a couple of negative experiences, I'll stop for a (long) while. I'm surprised that even regular clients will leave months between visits. But then the hobby can be expensive, so I understand 

Maybe you should talk to them after and tell them they weren't as interactive as they were during the first encounter instead of going months not hiring because 1 or 2 "negative ' experiences. 

On 6/7/2023 at 10:49 PM, The_Impeccable_George said:

Thank you, but I see two options: share and report. Not delete.

I think you can only edit and delete within 24 hours and after that, it’s kind of a done deal but, I could be wrong there. I know that there is a limited time that you’re allowed to edit a post.

I have had ongoing regular clients over the past 25 years… There were a few that were hiring me every other week, but, more typical, would be just about once a month. If this was also a person that I travel with, I could be with them for anywhere from two weeks on up to two months length of time maximum. Then usually I would not see them for two or three months because I was touring elsewhere to see my regular touring engagements~   
 Prior to the pandemic I would travel a solid two to three months for work in between traveling with Clients~   
 I had home bases globally and rarely was at my own private home more than three or four days~
 Between 2013 and 2014 I was using saved money to stay home with my wolf companion Nanook until he died Nov 3rd 2014~   
 After that o was only gone two or three days every third or fourth month~
 the east of the time I was touring and seeing my regulars along the way on the regular~   
 Now I’m traveling for periods of one to two months in length and my private home is occupied by either family or mates~ So, I’m seeing my regular guys less regularly until I dump my property~   
 Eve still, I try to see my regulars once a month or once every two months~   
 Some things that have gotten in the way are atmospheric rivers, cyclones, weather bombs, various hurricanes, Covid, RSV, monkeypox, some new bizarre pneumonia that’s been going around, peoples general post pandemic stress syndrome stuff and inflation~ 

Edited by Tygerscent