Steamworks Berkeley?

12is12

Friday and Saturday nights are best … 9pm onwards any time through like 4am or so and younger guys come in as the bars close 

pre covid lunchtimes on weekdays was hot with tech and finance guys taking a break from the office but o think that dynamic changed because of work from home etc 

Sunday afternoon  is a different crowd but still busy … older Middle Aged and hot if you’re into that

sometimes they have student specials and the college kids come in but I think it’s not a regular thing so you can check on their website 

I went maybe 10 years ago when on a quick trip … remember it was very well maintained but such places across the country have fallen into such disrepair (eg New York, providence, Philadelphia) … if they’re at all still around. The other place I went in that area (Water Garden in San Jose) I heard couldn’t reopen after covid. 

• 3 months later...
On 4/29/2023 at 3:48 PM, NyGold said:

Friday and Saturday nights are best … 9pm onwards any time through like 4am or so and younger guys come in as the bars close 

I was in Berkeley and took @NyGold’s advice and went to Steamworks at 1 am on Saturday night. Seriously I was the oldest guy in the place. Most were in their 20s and 30s of all races. It was packed with young attractive guys. I had a blast. When I left at 3:45, guys were still coming in. 

Edited by TectonicThrust

2 hours ago, TectonicThrust said:

I was in Berkeley and took @NyGold’s advice and went to Steamworks at 1 am on Saturday night. Seriously I was the oldest guy in the place. Most were in their 20s and 30s of all races. It was packed with young attractive guys. I had a blast. When I left at 3:45, guys were still coming in. 

Oh, to be young and to be attractive to the young again. And to be able to stay up past 10 pm. The idea of being out and doing anything at 1 am sounds exhausting. Enjoy it while you can TectonicThrust.

2 minutes ago, musclvr said:

Oh, to be young and to be attractive to the young again. And to be able to stay up past 10 pm.

Haha it was clearly why there was no one else my age there at that time.  I planned ahead and took a nap earlier in the day.  And once in there I really got a second wind that carried me through the night. I totally crashed at my hotel and slept in on Sunday. Still recovering but worth it.