Burner phone

John Doe II

3 hours ago, John Doe II said:

Looking for a way to get an anonymous number/burner phone. 
Are there any good apps besides buying another prepaid phone? 
I was locked out of Grindr from my phone number and Google voice doesn’t seem to work to sign up again 

This one works great on my iPhone, at this point I like it so much I pay annually.

1200x600wa.png
APPS.APPLE.COM

‎Burner’s got a new look! Not only that, but the features were improved to make life easier for you (we got...

On 4/8/2023 at 11:53 AM, Lucky said:

I wonder why the OP was locked out of Grindr. Should we be helping him get back in?

Grindr will block anyone who's engaging in prostitution either buying or selling.

My guess about being unable to use another phone number is that most everything is crossed referenced on the internet today..so there is NO real anonymity in cyberspace any more. Once you register a smart phone, it finds all your stuff. The only "burner phones" that keep you anonymous are those old flip phones without internet access. So not gonna get you signed in to Grindr.

Edited by pubic_assistance
grammar

On 4/8/2023 at 11:53 AM, Lucky said:

I wonder why the OP was locked out of Grindr. Should we be helping him get back in?

I was blocked a few years ago by some creep who reported me for no reason. I was able to join again not long after that but used a burner number I don’t have anymore

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Bottom line - providers and clients can and do stalk for a variety of unfortunate reasons.

Likewise both groups can and do leave trails of complaints that - whether or not legitimate - can affect reputation.

And whether or not the probability is high / material, there is greater than zero chance of legal trouble (not to mention personal / reputational damage) coming from publicity around engagement.

So, instead of relying on all these proxies and beating around the bush  - eg iPhone vs android, real phone number, deposit but not through anonymous apps, Uber me in your account, will only meet at client residence etc - why don’t people just say what they really mean: 

- I want to perform a background check on you before confirming our appointment 

- Unspoken but understood would be - if I have enough info on me to do that, I can come after you in any scenario 

For me this would be a deal breaker - but if others don’t mind they can oblige - and market forces being what they are, there will be plenty of providers at my comfort level and it won’t be a problem to miss out on those insisting on this. Hasn’t been so far.