Tipping?

guynyc

15 hours ago, Capitano said:

Typically, people don't make $200 an hour, and that is far above a working person's average wage. At just 20 hours a week, that's easily over $180k

Typically no. But you seem to be confusing people who work a full day with professions that may only see one or two clients a day...and days where there are NO clients.

You also have to consider the market. Even if someone DID make $180k annually ..in NYC that's a middle class lifestyle at best.

But again. Nobody is saying you must feel obligated to tip for regular service with a private provider, if you're that jealous of the fact that their hour is worth more than your hour.

I  am in NYC,  Here is how I compensate my regulars:

Masseur 1 -  charges 180 for an incall massage,  Athletic, mediterranean look,  Hands down the best massages I have gotten so far.  The guy has superior technique.  He loves eating my ass which he excels at,  He either fucks me or fingers my hole.  I would see him more often than I do but he has a 9-5 job and travels a lot.  I give him 300 f for the hour and sometimes a small gift, like a bottle of scotch.

Masseur 2 - charges 180 for an incall massage.  He does have an ad on rentmen as well,  Muscular boy next door type,  I book him for 45 minutes massage and 45 minutes playtime.  His massage is very good and he lets me do whatever I want in bed.  He is not a clock watcher and never says time is up.  I usually  end up spending 2 hours with him, ending our fuck session naked in bed or on his couch with a drink.  He is a sweetheart kind of guy who likes keeping in touch via text to talk about work and life in general in between our sessions. I give him 400 which he seems very happy with,

Masseur 3 - charges 180 for incall massage.  He is not really my type but I find him cute  - sorta..  He spends 15 minutes grooming my pubic area, followed by 45 minutes therapeutic massage which is very thorough.  Although therapeutic, he is naked during the session and says often that 'more' is available.  I give him 240.

Masseur 4 - charges 160 for incall massage.  Cute white guy who conveniently lives in my area.  I have been seeing him for a very long time.  His massage skills are not the greatest, but he is sensual and has a great attitude.  He is always available to me and his just my convenient option  when I need a quickie,  We have never fucked, but he is good at hand jobs.  I give him 200-220.

There are others, but those are my main providers at the moment.  I feel fortunate working with these guys, all depending on my mood and time availability.  They seem happy with the compensation  and I have no problem scheduling repeat appointments.

I tend to think of myself as a generous tipper, and I often get a message afterwards from providers thanking me for my generosity.  But I feel absolutely shamed finding out how much some of you tip!  My goodness, I should rethink my economy on these matters.

Providers charge what the market in their area will bear. A terrible:mediocre therapist is going to charge the same as the guy giving an amazing experience. I tip the amazing experience bc I want to reward that person for the extra effort and I want him to be able to make a living and keep providing me great service. It’s that simple. 

49 minutes ago, Bluefin said:

Providers charge what the market in their area will bear. A terrible:mediocre therapist is going to charge the same as the guy giving an amazing experience. I tip the amazing experience bc I want to reward that person for the extra effort and I want him to be able to make a living and keep providing me great service. It’s that simple. 

Another way to reward him is to schedule many new appointments, whereas those that suck you don't go back to and write a warning here. Informed markets are good markets.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, pubic_assistance said:

Typically no. But you seem to be confusing people who work a full day with professions that may only see one or two clients a day...and days where there are NO clients.

You also have to consider the market. Even if someone DID make $180k annually ..in NYC that's a middle class lifestyle at best.

But again. Nobody is saying you must feel obligated to tip for regular service with a private provider, if you're that jealous of the fact that their hour is worth more than your hour.

You seem to not understand the value of time and how markets work. If they choose to charge a lot and have few clients and that works for them, power to them! And even more so if they find clients willing to tip them beyond the already high rate. All I am saying is that tipping makes no sense to me at those levels, and that they become more like lawyers and other professionals than wage workers who work way more for way less.

PS What percentage of workers in NYC earn over $180k? Yeah, life is expensive, but "we all  make our own personal choices, and we all pay our personal prices."

Edited by Capitano

Oh no! This topic again…pick a side 🙂.

All I will say is that some of my clients tip generously, most don’t. I have no expectations of being tipped but it’s nice when it happens. For those clients who I know tip generously I’m more inclined to say yes to their requested day / time even if it’s not convenient for me. If he’s a generous tipper I’m much more inclined to put myself out to meet him.