Actress Kim Novak is 90 years old today (February 13)sh

WilliamM
Message added by rvwnsd,

While there are several true nuggets of Hollywood gold here, many of them do not pertain to the topic, which is Kim Novak's 90th birthday.

Let's keep the thread about Ms. Novak.

To those who have posted comments and birthday wishes for Ms Novak, thank you and keep 'em coming!

12 minutes ago, samhexum said:

Maybe to those who don't remember her legendary season pretending to be Cesar Romero's daughter on FALCON CREST. 

I think you mean: "Maybe to those who think her Falcon Crest appearances were trivial and thoroughly unremarkable."

There -- I amended it for you! 🥰

Edited by Marc in Calif

Kim Novak as a Mystery Guest on the game show, "What's My Line" circa February,1956 - 67 years ago. She was beautiful and talented.

This particular episode is noteworthy for a couple of reasons: Desi Arnaz appears as a guest panelist (there to promote his and Lucy's upcoming movie, "Forever Darling"). It was the only time Mr. Arnaz appeared as a panelist in the show's 17-year run. Also noteworthy is that there were two mystery guests on this episode - in addition to Ms. Novak, Randolph Churchill was a also a mystery guest.
Sadly, just a few weeks after this episode was broadcast, Fred Allen passed away. He was 61 years old.

Kim Novak appearance begins at18:40.

BoZo

Edited by BOZO T CLOWN

2 hours ago, WilliamM said:

She is most remembered for Hitchcock's film ' Vertigo

Also films "Picnic"   and  The Middle of The Night"  with Fredric March

and don't forget one of my favorites, "Bell, Book and Candle." Witchcraft in 1960s Manhattan! with Jack Lemmon, Jimmy Stewart and Elsa Lanchester.

Edited by misterhumphries

3 minutes ago, samhexum said:

The thing most people would associate a person with.

Why would most people associate Elsa Lanchester with the Disney film That Darn Cat (for which she received sixth billing) instead of the films for which she was nominated for Academy Awards -- especially Witness for the Prosecution (fourth billing)? She even won the Golden Globe for that film. 

I don't get it. 

But back to Kim Novak, whom this thread is about, and FALCON CREST, for which she is best known.

When a new name was being thought of for her at the start of her career, Kit Marlowe was suggested, but she insisted on keeping her own name (though 'Kim' was a nickname).

As a nod to that bit of trivia, her FC character was named Kit Marlowe... as most people would know, of course.

Edited by samhexum
just for the hell of it

9 minutes ago, samhexum said:

But back to Kim Novak, whom this thread is about, and FALCON CREST, for which she is best known.

When a new name was being thought of for her, Kit Marlowe was suggested.

As a nod to that bit of trivia, her FC character was named Kit Marlowe... as most people would know, of course.

To suggest that Ms. Novak is better known for a relatively short appearance on Falcon Crest rather than the Hitchcock's Vertigo is freaking hilarious

Ha ha ha

1 hour ago, samhexum said:

When a new name was being thought of for her, Kit Marlowe was suggested.

Her studio suggested Kit Marlow  which you really didn't explain.

Her real name was Marilyn Novak. She obviously could not keep Marilyn

Edited by WilliamM

8 hours ago, samhexum said:

When a new name was being thought of for her at the start of her career, Kit Marlowe was suggested, but she insisted on keeping her own name (though 'Kim' was a nickname).

Her real name was Marilyn. Kim was Never her nickname.  

I doubt "most people" were paying attention. 

13 hours ago, WilliamM said:

To suggest that Ms. Novak is better known for a relatively short appearance on Falcon Crest rather than the Hitchcock's Vertigo is freaking hilarious

Ha ha ha

It's the same with Elizabeth Taylor. I was in a training class and the topic turned to favorite movie stars. The only reference those 20somethings had for Ms. Taylor was: "didn't she have a perfume or something?"

Sad fact is most youngsters may be clueless when it comes to Old Hollywood trivia and the accomplishments of its stars.