Random Hookups on Cruises?

SometimesBi

I have never been on a cruise, but recently have been thinking about doing a local-ish West Coast cruise to Alaska. 

I'm curious for those of you that go on cruises (not singles/gay specific, just ordinary cruise), have you had much luck finding a random hookup or two with guys? 

Me: I'm married, and any cruise would be both of us. So that adds an extra challenge for me to discreetly find a guy, and a place to play, in the limited confines of a cruise ship. How have you overcome this?

It’s damn near impossible. I’ve been on a ton of cruises. There were always 1-2 other homos stuck on the boat with their mother, sister, wife, family, etc. In general, by day 2-3 they are horny as fuck and ready to fuck anything that moves. Nonetheless, even with 2 very inspired (née desperate) homos, the logistics are hard to work out. 

And if they work for the cruise line (many of the crew are queers escaping the oppression of their 3rd world home) you and your room are forbidden territory. If they get caught, they will be dumped at the next port, no questions asked. And even if they’re just traveling with their family, nobody wants Mommy to think they’re a little whore, so the pussy footing around will be endless. 

I will say, most of the crew knows where the ship cameras’ "blind spots" are. Just be prepared for some furtive kissing, sucking, fucking, in some odd places. $20 once bought me and an "entertainer" from the ships "Broadway Review" an hour in the ship’s laundry room from the head housekeeper. I’ve also fucked on deck 14 up against the rear of the ship’s aft smokestack. Where I was warned we couldn’t move 1 foot left or 1 foot right, or we’d be caught on camera. Also the spa’s steam room can be fun.

Go, have fun, but don’t expect much. 

5 hours ago, nycman said:

It’s damn near impossible. I’ve been on a ton of cruises. There were always 1-2 other homos stuck on the boat with their mother, sister, wife, family, etc. In general, by day 2-3 they are horny as fuck and ready to fuck anything that moves. Nonetheless, even with 2 very inspired (née desperate) homos, the logistics are hard to work out. 

And if they work for the cruise line (many of the crew are queers escaping the oppression of their 3rd world home) you and your room are forbidden territory. If they get caught, they will be dumped at the next port, no questions asked. And even if they’re just traveling with their family, nobody wants Mommy to think they’re a little whore, so the pussy footing around will be endless. 

I will say, most of the crew knows where the ship cameras’ "blind spots" are. Just be prepared for some furtive kissing, sucking, fucking, in some odd places. $20 once bought me and an "entertainer" from the ships "Broadway Review" an hour in the ship’s laundry room from the head housekeeper. I’ve also fucked on deck 14 up against the rear of the ship’s aft smokestack. Where I was warned we couldn’t move 1 foot left or 1 foot right, or we’d be caught on camera. Also the spa’s steam room can be fun.

Go, have fun, but don’t expect much. 

If someone was to meet up with a crew member in one of the ports, would that also put the crew member at risk of being fired?  Or do you think it's only when they are on duty and aboard the ship?  I've been on a few cruises and I don't always do excursions if the port city is accessible by foot and there's things to see and do on my own, and I have sometimes run into a crew member here or there who is having a meal or doing some shopping.  Perhaps if there is a mutual interest it would be better to meet up in those situations?

First- and this could be good or bad for you- Alaskan cruises attract an older clientele. 

Second, if you have something to hide, why hook up with someone you're likely going to run into on the boat again at some point? I feel like you're asking for trouble. 

Do what you need to do, but like @nycmansaid above, don't expect a lot (and be mindful of how small a ship really is... Even a big one).

Edited by BenjaminNicholas

Unless there’s something about the scenario of hooking up with a crew member (and even if there is) - I’d say - don’t go anywhere near this! They have complex realities, the implication of losing their jobs is tremendous -   @nycman mentioned their home country conditions - presumably on social matters - and it’s also economic. These guys are often supporting many folks back home and working under terrible conditions (eg they often don’t get the same benefits on the ship as American or European staff even at the same grade and are hugely dependent on passenger tips and their bosses’ goodwill.

Have never been on a cruise but have heard that even on “non gay” cruises there is opportunity to connect with fellow passengers if someone has space of their own - the regular apps should help. 

Happy cruising!

In Alaska, you'll find single men on land up there working for the summer... And they're horny as hell.

When you get into port, turn on your Grindr.  The whole page won't even fill up because it's so desolate, but I managed to have sex in almost every port.  Locations to meet up are still hard to find: I had sex in the bathroom of a guy's commercial office, I had sex in the basement of a realtor's client's house, I had sex in the break room behind the front counter of a hotel.  This was all on a 13 night Alaska cruise and land tour

1 hour ago, Vegas_nw1982 said:

In Alaska, you'll find single men on land up there working for the summer... And they're horny as hell.

When you get into port, turn on your Grindr.  The whole page won't even fill up because it's so desolate, but I managed to have sex in almost every port.  Locations to meet up are still hard to find: I had sex in the bathroom of a guy's commercial office, I had sex in the basement of a realtor's client's house, I had sex in the break room behind the front counter of a hotel.  This was all on a 13 night Alaska cruise and land tour

For the OP, this is the way to go when you need discretion and are traveling w/ the wife. 

Fuck OFF the ship.

12 hours ago, Vegas_nw1982 said:

I've been on a number of cruises and have never seen these sorts of port excursions listed by the cruise lines.

• 2 months later...
On 2/7/2023 at 10:01 AM, Vegas777 said:

When you get into port, turn on your Grindr. 

When I did my Alaska cruisetour back in 2011 (I was traveling with one of my best friends) I did just that and met another cruise guest who was traveling with 2 friends.  I was about 40 and he was about 30.  All we got in during the cruise was a late night make-out session when he walked me back to my cabin (my friend was asleep inside) but fortunately he lived in Atlanta where I had another good friend and sometimes traveled for work so we got in the real fun during some of those trips.  Haven't seen him in years but every once in awhile we still chat.  

What I can say about Alaska cruises is that they are older crowds like some folks have mentioned and the nights end pretty early compared to other cruises.  One night we met we felt like the only guests walking around the ship.  Had we gotten creative I think we could have found a private bathroom or another spot around  :)  

1 hour ago, bobsboy51 said:

When I did my Alaska cruisetour back in 2011 (I was traveling with one of my best friends) I did just that and met another cruise guest who was traveling with 2 friends.  I was about 40 and he was about 30.  All we got in during the cruise was a late night make-out session when he walked me back to my cabin (my friend was asleep inside) but fortunately he lived in Atlanta where I had another good friend and sometimes traveled for work so we got in the real fun during some of those trips.  Haven't seen him in years but every once in awhile we still chat.  

What I can say about Alaska cruises is that they are older crowds like some folks have mentioned and the nights end pretty early compared to other cruises.  One night we met we felt like the only guests walking around the ship.  Had we gotten creative I think we could have found a private bathroom or another spot around  :)  

I have done two Alaska cruises - one was on Holland America and was round-trip, and the other was Princess with the flight home from Anchorage.  I think the average age on Princess was 50s and 60s, so considerably older than me at the time.  The Holland America cruise attracted an even older crowd - possibly because they did not have to fly (I found that on round-trip Hawaii cruises too).   It was nice to basically have the run of the ship after about 9pm or so.  But some of those seniors were definitely night owls and I'm sure I was in bed before a few of them each night.

If you're traveling with your wife, assuming you're not in an open relationship (at least one of our regular posters is), then a cruise is the worst possible place to find a hook-up. It's not as if you can go in the forest, in the back of a car, or someplace else discreet. Nor can you "rent a room" somewhere. My advice is to just enjoy your cruise, and your wife's company (if you can). 

• 2 weeks later...

I've had luck.  It all depends.  I actually had a few hookups on a Celebrity ship, which is typically geared more toward the older, empty nester crowd.

I always get the internet package and change my name on the apps to the name of the ship.  I was traveling with my husband.  We hooked up with one guy together, I hooked up with another guy a couple of times (once in an out of the way public bathroom on the ship that no one uses, and once in my cabin while my husband was with another guy), and once while he was with the first guy we hooked up with, I declined because he was very very bad, in my cabin with a third guy.

This post is super old, but maybe someone who reads it will luck out and find a guy traveling solo on the apps on his ship

35 minutes ago, DTCG82 said:

I've had luck.  It all depends.  I actually had a few hookups on a Celebrity ship, which is typically geared more toward the older, empty nester crowd.

I always get the internet package and change my name on the apps to the name of the ship.  I was traveling with my husband.  We hooked up with one guy together, I hooked up with another guy a couple of times (once in an out of the way public bathroom on the ship that no one uses, and once in my cabin while my husband was with another guy), and once while he was with the first guy we hooked up with, I declined because he was very very bad, in my cabin with a third guy.

This post is super old, but maybe someone who reads it will luck out and find a guy traveling solo on the apps on his ship

Maybe I know you @DTCG82!  I've hooked up with a lot of married men on Celebrity cruise ships (both with the couple together, and often separately).  I've done it in my room, their room, and bathrooms on board.

I agree, changing my profile name on the dating apps to the name of the ship helps (especially with finding crew who want to play).  But I have my best success with other passengers by being friendly and assertive during Gay happy hour.  If one isn't listed in the daily itinerary, I ask the Front Desk to add a Gay social hour at a bar before the late dinner seating time.