Gayguides.com down?

Tarte Gogo

1 hour ago, Tarte Gogo said:

I have had issues trying to access gayguides.com all day. 
looks like it is fully down.

2 days ago gaybutton was taken down too (a virus warning was showing up to the readers).

anyone knows more about what is going on?

Yes, it’s down. About a week or so ago it crashed for a few days and then back up with an admin communication delineating that the content capacity had been exceeded (I am not a ‘techie’) and there would need to be some kind of space revamping. I suppose this is what is meant by “breaking the internet”. Perhaps today’s access problem is related to the recent one or additional renovation is being executed. Since contextual backdrop explanation had recently emerged, I would think it’s unrelated to what might be going in with gaybutton, a site unfamiliar to me, or perhaps Velcro is back in gay style.

Edited by SirBillybob

3 hours ago, Tarte Gogo said:

I have had issues trying to access gayguides.com all day. 
looks like it is fully down.

2 days ago gaybutton was taken down too (a virus warning was showing up to the readers).

anyone knows more about what is going on?

Gaybutton down was a hacking incident. The issues with Gayguide are maintenance. Recently, the owner renewed his commitment to keep the site up and purchased more space. I do not know what exactly is happening now, but in my experience the developers supporting the site are not talented.

GuyGuides.com looks to be a capacity/load issue where they're working to optimize the resources being used or upgrading to try and add resources.  (Their last problem awhile back was related their their SSL certificate expiring.)

I was able to eventually load the site, but it's certainly not up to full snuff yet.  

• 1 month later...
On 1/31/2023 at 6:25 PM, RadioRob said:

GuyGuides.com looks to be a capacity/load issue where they're working to optimize the resources being used or upgrading to try and add resources.  (Their last problem awhile back was related their their SSL certificate expiring.)

I was able to eventually load the site, but it's certainly not up to full snuff yet.  

Are both sites related? Like a brother or something? I discovered gayguides  last October, but I wish they were connected so I don't have to choose what to post in each, or if repeat, copy, and paste,  what i posted here. For that reason I've never posted there since I'm pretty happy with here, CoM.  actually, i enjoy this site a lot :D

1 hour ago, Alfstoria said:

Are both sites related? Like a brother or something? I discovered gayguides  last October, but I wish they were connected so I don't have to choose what to post in each, or if repeat, copy, and paste,  what i posted here. For that reason I've never posted there since I'm pretty happy with here, CoM.  actually, i enjoy this site a lot :D

The two sites are not related.

However, their histories are not parallel. The older members can bring more knowledge about this.

2 hours ago, Alfstoria said:

If you hunt in the US, you will find a lot more info about guys here on CoM.

If you are hunting in South East Asia or Brazil, you will hardly find anything new posted here, but tons over there on gayguides.

19 minutes ago, Tarte Gogo said:

If you hunt in the US, you will find a lot more info about guys here on CoM.

If you are hunting in South East Asia or Brazil, you will hardly find anything new posted here, but tons over there on gayguides.

thanks, i will check it out, but i find CoM good also for Europe.  Also, i couldn't find the turn on the dark-mode settings in GGuides. I am a dark-mode junkie :D

5 minutes ago, Stormy said:

I joined gayguides for the Political Forum but the moderators have to approve content before posting.  It’s not conducive to vigorous political debate.  Thumbs down 👎 

I think there is some misunderstanding. If you are logged in, you are free to post. Moderation over there is very hands-free.

24 minutes ago, José Soplanucas said:

Doesn't it instead look as if some crazies here are struggling with keeping their hatred inside their system? They may explode anytime. 

holding-fart.gif

It's actually been fairly calm and polite here since the most radical members were banned.

I haven't heard from any of the crazies in a while so I am assuming they were banned or have self exiled.

Either way it did lead to a better environment so thanks to the moderators.