Gayguides.com down?

Tarte Gogo

On 6/5/2023 at 2:30 PM, SouthOfTheBorder said:

evidently - something went down at “the other site” resulting in several members banned permanently

Now they seem to be here exclusively- ugh

Do tell. Who are talking about?  No harm revealing here who the banned members are there. Public shame is always a good toll to use on rule-breakers.  

Edited by EZEtoGRU

1 hour ago, EZEtoGRU said:

Who are talking about?

well….since you asked 

one of the banned was a prolific poster there who is typically so verbose that I’m unsure if anyone actually reads the posts

ironically, the thing that started it all was a benign comment from a  member that uses both sites, suggesting he was posting under another handle here. the writing style is hard to miss

none other than Riobard 

several of the members here were involved in the meltdown there. and some got banned. it was flurry of accusations, threats & vitriol that seemed a long time coming 

the drama of it all 

Edited by SouthOfTheBorder

not offering much here......

there was earlier mention of the gayguides "meltdown" here in this forum four or five days ago, so I went over and looked......like others here, I'm a member there, but very rarely look or post......I saw that it was Riobard that seemed to be the center of it and had always thought he was one of the reliable core members that never caused trouble and offered a lot of solid comment.......

from what I saw (didn't spend long there!), it didn't seem like a "meltdown", but I'm not familiar with all the players and mods and who is good and who is bad there.......

still like it here better!

52 minutes ago, azdr0710 said:

from what I saw (didn't spend long there!), it didn't seem like a "meltdown",

Oz doesn’t censor much - and when he does,  it’s usually at the behest of his minions

the thread in question has either been entirely removed or in sandbox piecemeal 

a meltdown is kind of mild 

Edited by SouthOfTheBorder

On 3/11/2023 at 12:27 PM, José Soplanucas said:

I think there is some misunderstanding. If you are logged in, you are free to post. Moderation over there is very hands-free.

??? So nobody has a hand in governance there, but some have their dicks in governance? I don’t think that the chief mod Oz shirks and he is clearly a good guy. Comparatively, some others suck. I doubt anybody got off scot free, but I understand covers were blown and a few had their hands freely in it as being prone  to sticking noses where they don’t belong when not busy, erm, seeking to getting blown or plunking in blown-up material.

Edited by SirBillybob

“… Oz doesn’t censor much … it’s usually at the best of his minions.”

The above represents literally, semantically, that this Oz (moderator?) is ordered, is commanded by servile unimportant underlings. 

How does that even track? It perhaps tracks in the same vein as tittle-tattle that contains vast distortions. 

But bright clever fellows with good social media reputation rankings are inclined to deftly duck the canards of inveterate borderline gossips. 

Edited by SirBillybob

39 minutes ago, SirBillybob said:

that this Oz (moderator?) is ordered, is commanded by servile unimportant underlings

servile unimportant underlings frequently control those who are superior in some way.  not a new concept for those desperate to control the narrative or perhaps launder their own reputations is more like it - even in a trashy obscure lil’ o gay forum

42 minutes ago, SouthOfTheBorder said:

servile unimportant underlings frequently control those who are superior in some way.  not a new concept for those desperate to control the narrative or perhaps launder their own reputations is more like it - even in a trashy obscure lil’ o gay forum

Gotcha. One of the best examples of coherent wordsmithing this year thus far. Who knew it would be embedded in a message board you essentially describe as being inconsequential, when it is yet of value by many. If it is so lacking in merit, then by extension the degree to which you are a person of consequence is … what now? Your call.

You would impute to others the pressing need to maintain presence and status in social media entities you would label as trivial? And here you are lounging all over, trying to make a name, with non-boundaried off-kilter trivia hurtling south. 

One might say it was in the forecast.

You could take a walk and try to get your better self functioning. Otherwise, I don’t detect any other desperados lurking about. 

Edited by SirBillybob

13 hours ago, azdr0710 said:

not offering much here......

there was earlier mention of the gayguides "meltdown" here in this forum four or five days ago, so I went over and looked......like others here, I'm a member there, but very rarely look or post......I saw that it was Riobard that seemed to be the center of it and had always thought he was one of the reliable core members that never caused trouble and offered a lot of solid comment.......

from what I saw (didn't spend long there!), it didn't seem like a "meltdown", but I'm not familiar with all the players and mods and who is good and who is bad there.......

still like it here better!

Higher average intelligence on this board.

///

AFAIK, at the risk of oversimplifying, and through the lens of a critical thinker bystander peeking in on happenings, without prejudice, …

an old Canuck geezer early 70s Robard, an extremely wealthy early 30s American mid-west physician surgeon also possessing an Ivy League doctorate in biological terrorism and with high level WHO status, and an early 50s District of Colombia - based Wall Street investment analyst / banker all walked into a bar. Their social media platform affiliations are, to say the least, fuzzy. These representations may be inaccurate and not reflect actual person(a)s. They are not incontrovertible descriptors. All likely seek happiness and meaning in their own fashion. None appreciates being walked all over; Human Nature freshman-level tutorial. 

Each within the triad diceygal, mississippmiss, and qcbitch oughta now just stay in their respective lanes. 

It should have all gone fairly well. Stuff happened, one or more is admonished to heal self, and a back-against-wall stalemate sitch appears to be the Season 1 outcome. The series should perhaps stream to the non-renew bin, but a few rapt fans seem wont to shovel lime on an entity long past life support merit. It is non-finance-able, not investment worthy.

The plot is funny not funny. Some of the audience eschews drama loves drama. A few minor characters trying to break into showbiz, angling for spin-offs destined to face-plant.

The writers strike has evidently yielded non-union scabs, struggling to coherently pull together various plot threads. They are advised to retire their tittle-tattle poison pens and seek shelter crawling under the rocks on which they appear to have been sun-struck.

At least one individual has the actual plot down and may be consult-able on a case by case basis. The daft and misanthropic need not apply. 

Parenthetically, the silly old fart half-demented geezer has not been permanently exiled from any platform whatsoever. He has, however, it is rumoured, ceased applying for the thrills chills spills conferred by providers on the popular but dubiously lit oft illiterate site ÜberNutbars. He is likely not a fan of international relations and is better cognizant of the best contexts for useful experiential learning and external locus of positive experience of self. 

As one “thought leader” once put it: When it comes down to MSM platforms one is best advised to not trust anyone further than you can throw them.

Edited by SirBillybob

13 hours ago, EZEtoGRU said:

Do tell. Who are talking about?  No harm revealing here who the banned members are there. Public shame is always a good toll to use on rule-breakers.  

Best to have all the facts before spearheading a GoT-grade shuffle of shame. There are facts and there are facts and then there are facts …

23 minutes ago, SouthOfTheBorder said:

and how do you know this ? do you know Riobard ?

Wouldn’t Nosy-Parker NCIS Crazytown cast love to know?

Duh. These are public message boards thematically linked. So, erm, like I knowingly know you by type and whack-a-mole game-grade pop-ups, yet with no substantial desire to know you

Trap door for pot-stirrers it is, then. Not a striker, struck out, and best advised to look to intubate elsewhere. You are choking on your own slithery tail here. Go feed uninterrupted. 

Edited by SirBillybob

20 minutes ago, SouthOfTheBorder said:

impulse control is a virtue 

so is saying less 

Whatevs … straight from an obsessed virtue-signalling unstable emotionally volatile mouth to god’s ears. 

But keep bloviating. Paradoxically, you but blindly facilitate the legitimate agendas of those you would seek to censor, to impugn. Without you, the truth is ambiguously rendered. 

Edited by SirBillybob

1 hour ago, SouthOfTheBorder said:

said pot to kettle

At a certain point, when an idiom is overused across various threads and hella appropriated  beyond its initial, albeit non-original application, it might make sense to try to stretch for new content. 

The majority of thought leaders are not putting out audition calls for dumbellina alliances. 

Edited by SirBillybob

Readers: there is no antipathy between the showrunners of the two message boards discussed. What does seem apparent is a small band of troublemakers using the existence of the two thematically similar boards to supplement non-salutary agendas centred on disparaging particular members. IMHO there should be at least some degree of mutual exclusivity between the two social media entities. Surely the array of pejorative texts and negative emoticons within each platform on its own should feed even the most insatiable of trolls, non?

1 hour ago, Unicorn said:

Bizarre writing styles again suggesting the same or at least very similar character.

And? What’s it to you other than opp for feeble burns, assisted death by a thousand obnoxious jibes. 

Full circle. Usually the first domino lies dormant. Usually.

Somewhere over this rainbow, zero ungrounded bullying governance. 

Galloping around endlessly, vast supply of stink grenades like reverse ring toss off a stub. Hurl & run. Repeat. Stir cauldron. Run. Repeat. Illusions of puppet-mastery. Repeat. Scorched earth delusions. Repeat. Withhold the gravol. Repeat. 

I don’t know whether to puke or give in to a narcoleptic attack. Bad combo. And the doctor is out, of it.

But nice try justifying bad behaviour and smoke-screening around the core problems that later cascaded from bad behaviour. Doesn’t distract from realization of your predominant trait. Your job is to zsuzz up a jackass and hope mere mortals don’t see the cracks. 

There there now, breathe … breathe. Find the emoticon. Let it go, let it all out, Un. People may luv you while not stomaching you.

Grandiosity is palliative. Take more naps. 

image.gif.f3a0f9a0a51330b7cad27f9fbc25b3ff.gif

Edited by SirBillybob

8 minutes ago, Bucky said:

The identities are obvious.  Now expelled (temporarily or not) from the other site, is this board better off without him as well?  

Screenshot 2023-06-09 131247.png

NCIS Bonkersville pilot, submitted by Buckeroo Slowdraw McGrawful. Spuullatt! 

Edited by SirBillybob

1 hour ago, José Soplanucas said:

maxresdefault.thumb.jpg.3a0f4fb398eb3c6cf13b0a9a9b3a73a9.jpg

Now, Abbott and Costello I can comprehend, but you have yet to arrive at anything our stalwart linguist can interpret. 

You may find time better spent seeking a blog editor.

This: Clown Zé frenches bedsheets and the bully brigade slithers in to grab a corner; no compunction about skulking by a few months later to muss more. What a sad wretch. Bring me your choke-chain and off my bed!

——

Gremlins gonna make me punch down all the live long day? 

Edited by SirBillybob

2 hours ago, SirBillybob said:

...Galloping around endlessly, vast supply of stink grenades like reverse ring toss off a stub...

Stoned man lying on couch with beer bottles on table Young handsome stoned man lying on a couch stoned guy stock pictures, royalty-free photos & imagesimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcRTdb3ga4NK9rlFTfdS9wMcFE9bKDZ1oMnMOvqVBQf5Ff1jAWP9f4nGAB-PTDdpZPGmYlo&usqp=CAU