Salmon a complete dinner

Cooper

I’m sure there are many ways to prepare salmon but here’s the recipe I follow.

This is an easy recipe to prepare a dinner for one  and a quick  cleanup. 

Preheat oven to 400°

1/2 lb Fresh Salmon placed on enough aluminum foil to cover completely.

Top with:  sliced tomatoes, mushrooms, carrots, onions, lemon juice, garlic, and seasoning. I add 2 slices of butter but a couple tablespoons of vegetable oil is fine. Sometimes I  add other vegetables that are in the refrigerator.  

Once you’ve added all the ingredients, seal the foil around the salmon and place in a cooking pan and into the oven. 

Cook for 25 minutes. When done, keep the salmon and extras in the foil and place on a dish. Open and enjoy! Bon appetite! 😋 

2 hours ago, Cooper said:

Preheat oven to 400°

Top with:  sliced tomatoes, mushrooms, carrots, onions, lemon juice, garlic, and seasoning. I add 2 slices of butter but a couple tablespoons of vegetable oil is fine. Sometimes I  add other vegetables that are in the refrigerator.  

Once you’ve added all the ingredients, seal the foil around the salmon and place in a cooking pan and into the oven. 

Cook for 25 minutes. When done, keep the salmon and extras in the foil and place on a dish. Open and enjoy! Bon appetite! 😋 

Salmon is one of my favorite dishes... easy to make.  I usually just put in an oven-to-table ceramic dish and use a little oil, salt and pepper, bake it in the toaster oven at 350 for 20-25 minutes and drizzle with sweet soy sauce in the last 5 mins. But I like your method where you add veggies to the mix!

I try to eat more salmon, too (it’s healthy, womp womp)…but I don’t love the strong taste when it’s baked. I usually poach one serving for 8 minutes in a skillet of simmering water with a tablespoon of salt and either 1/2 c of wine vinegar or half a lemon, thinly sliced. I like to top it with a mixture of minced parsley, garlic, and lemon zest. Or if I’m feeling ambitious and not particularly healthy, I make a pan sauce by reducing minced shallots and a few tablespoons of dry vermouth until almost all the liquid is gone, then swirling in chunks of cold butter (“mounting” the sauce) until it’s thick and creamy. I add a splash of lemon juice and serve immediately over the salmon. And try not to think about the calories and cholesterol. 😂

On 1/30/2023 at 1:08 AM, Cooper said:

Preheat oven to 400°

salmon en papillote

Salmon roasted in the oven after brushing it with olive oil and adding salt, pepper and smoked paprika is simple and delicious. When I’m on the island in the summer, l buy fresh caught salmon and halibut all the time. A favorite with halibut is to prepare it with butter in a cast iron skillet, 5 minutes to each side on medium heat (I have gas). Absolutely perfect. 

Skinless and boneless filet, on oiled aluminum foil. Mix mayonaise with a spoon or two of prepared pesto sauce, slather it on the filet and bake in preheated 450F oven for 10 minutes.  Or for less time if the fish is less than an inch thick.

If the filet is quite thin at the tail end, fold it under until thickness is more uniform, then cover with mayo.

For variation, instead of pesto:

Mix in sundried tomatoes packed in oil, with some italian seasoning, or

A bit of curry paste, or

Chopped capers and black olives, or

Any other combo you like.

If you want more of a crust, use the broiler and cook for 7 minutes instead of 10.

On 2/1/2023 at 8:15 AM, Pensant said:

(I have gas).

My condolences! Try Di-gel or some Pepto.

5 hours ago, MikeBiDude said:

Julia Childs cooking fish advice is “10 minutes per inch”, basically for any style of cooking fish. Works well for me!

It's also excellent advice if you're with a man who is exceptionally gifted.

Edited by samhexum
for shits and giggles

• 6 months later...