there is something about Austin.....

LFABWC

20 hours ago, cougar said:

The people and their political beliefs that elect their leaders, would prevent me from ever visiting Texas. They even want to succeed from the union.

They love to talk about it, but they will never do it.  The amount of federal assistance they would sacrifice would instantly make them one of the world's poorest countries.

On 10/18/2022 at 4:39 PM, azdr0710 said:

politics not allowed in the Lounge.....(and it's 'secede')

On 10/19/2022 at 12:34 PM, Rudynate said:

They love to talk about it, but they will never do it.  The amount of federal assistance they would sacrifice would instantly make them one of the world's poorest countries.

On 10/18/2022 at 4:24 PM, cougar said:

The people and their political beliefs that elect their leaders, would prevent me from ever visiting Texas. They even want to succeed from the union.

He’s not making that statement up though:

https://nbc-2.com/news/state/2020/12/10/local-republicans-support-florida-becoming-its-own-country/amp/

“A Texas lawmaker also plans to file a bill that will allow Texans to vote on becoming an independent nation”

…That said, I still 🤨 at the idea that just because there’s lots of hot guys posting on RM in a certain area, that it means it’s better than or worth the trip specifically for that reason. 

How many times do we have to hear: “he wanted $400, he showed up 2 hours late, he did this, he didn’t do that”. C’mon. Don’t lose your head. Not saying they may not be great but, don’t buy into the illusion. You can find hot cowboys in other areas just as well. Ever been to Wyoming? 

Edited by Jarrod_Uncut

6 hours ago, Jarrod_Uncut said:

He’s not making that statement up though:

https://nbc-2.com/news/state/2020/12/10/local-republicans-support-florida-becoming-its-own-country/amp/

“A Texas lawmaker also plans to file a bill that will allow Texans to vote on becoming an independent nation”

…That said, I still 🤨 at the idea that just because there’s lots of hot guys posting on RM in a certain area, that it means it’s better than or worth the trip specifically for that reason. 

How many times do we have to hear: “he wanted $400, he showed up 2 hours late, he did this, he didn’t do that”. C’mon. Don’t lose your head. Not saying they may not be great but, don’t buy into the illusion. You can find hot cowboys in other areas just as well. Ever been to Wyoming? 

I've keep pondering a visit to Austin, not for the men, but out of curiosity.  I hear such good things about it.   I'm going to San Antonio in January.

15 minutes ago, Jarrod_Uncut said:

Well they aren’t far from each other…though I haven’t been to either in years. 

Thanks for suggesting that.  I'll be in San Antonio for 3 days and I could spend 2 more days in Austin.  I'm sentimental about San Antonio - I was stationed at Fort Sam Houston when I was in the Army and have very fond memories.