Anne Heche hospitalized with severe burns

samhexum

1 hour ago, CuriousByNature said:

Hopefully her insurance will cover the costs to the homeowner and the damages for injury, since it was ruled an accident.  That way her children hopefully not have to be burdened with the court proceedings and the loss of their own financial stability and inheritance.  They have lost more than anyone already.

The fact that the death was due to the accident doesn't mean she wasn't extremely negligent, perhaps criminally so. I can't see that this should shield the decedent from lawsuits for compensatory damages. The accident determination simply means, unless I'm mistaken, that she can't be found liable for an intentional tort such as intentional infliction of emotional distress. Clearly this accident and her driving showed a careless disregard for others' property and safety. Perhaps a lawyer would know better whether punitive damages could be awarded in cases such as these (in California). 

Whether the accident was due to her being temporarily fucked up due to drugs and/or alcohol, or whether to her simply driving like a fuck-up, the decedent appears to be completely responsible for the mayhem which ensued (it wasn't due to mechanical failure, I've heard). That story reminds me of another story I vaguely remember recounted about, I believe, Sir Winston Churchill. As I recall, some woman went up to him at a party, and told him "Sir Winston, I do believe you are quite drunk!" Sir Winston replied, "Yes, I am. But at least in the morning, I'll be sober, and you'll still be an ugly bitch!". 

1 hour ago, Unicorn said:

The fact that the death was due to the accident doesn't mean she wasn't extremely negligent, perhaps criminally so. I can't see that this should shield the decedent from lawsuits for compensatory damages. The accident determination simply means, unless I'm mistaken, that she can't be found liable for an intentional tort such as intentional infliction of emotional distress. Clearly this accident and her driving showed a careless disregard for others' property and safety. Perhaps a lawyer would know better whether punitive damages could be awarded in cases such as these (in California). 

Whether the accident was due to her being temporarily fucked up due to drugs and/or alcohol, or whether to her simply driving like a fuck-up, the decedent appears to be completely responsible for the mayhem which ensued (it wasn't due to mechanical failure, I've heard). That story reminds me of another story I vaguely remember recounted about, I believe, Sir Winston Churchill. As I recall, some woman went up to him at a party, and told him "Sir Winston, I do believe you are quite drunk!" Sir Winston replied, "Yes, I am. But at least in the morning, I'll be sober, and you'll still be an ugly bitch!". 

I doubt she intended to seriously damage anyone's personal property. 

What constitutes "driving  like a fuck up"

Luckily she didn't kill anyone

17 minutes ago, WilliamM said:

I doubt she intended to seriously damage anyone's personal property. 

What constitutes "driving  like a fuck up"

Luckily she didn't kill anyone

The fact that it wasn't intentional makes it all the more amazing. "What constitutes "driving  like a fuck up"? Seriously?

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/08/10/us/anne-heche-coma-crash.html

"...the Mini Cooper she was in crashed into a two-story home in the Mar Vista neighborhood of Los Angeles, causing severe damage and a fire that took more than an hour to extinguish, the authorities said... It took 59 firefighters and more than an hour to extinguish the fire that started after the crash, the Fire Department said....".

Apparently she came within inches of killing someone. Had she been in a larger car, she probably would have killed someone. Now, that's driving like a fuck-up (someone with total disregard for others' safety). 

The fact that it wasn't intentional makes it all the more amazing. "What constitutes "driving  like a fuck up"? Seriously?

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/08/10/us/anne-heche-coma-crash.html

"...the Mini Cooper she was in crashed into a two-story home in the Mar Vista neighborhood of Los Angeles, causing severe damage and a fire that took more than an hour to extinguish, the authorities said... It took 59 firefighters and more than an hour to extinguish the fire that started after the crash, the Fire Department said....".

Apparently she came within inches of killing someone. Had she been in a larger car, she probably would have killed someone. Now, that's driving like a fuck-up (someone with total disregard for others' safety). 

Have some sympathy for her family, especially her children and the many people who knew her, friends and those who worked with in and out of Show business..

5 hours ago, WilliamM said:

Have some sympathy for her family, especially her children and the many people who knew her, friends and those who worked with in and out of Show business..

You wouldn't feel so sympathetic if she'd killed or maimed someone you loved.

4 hours ago, WilliamM said:

Her death was a travesty. Play to God that she is in a better place now.

Since you seem to follow everything I do and say, you know that I don't believe in an afterlife. It's my understanding that Christians have certain beliefs of what happens to the souls of people who off themselves. 

Since you seem to follow everything I do and say, you know that I don't believe in an afterlife. It's my understanding that Christians have certain beliefs of what happens to the souls of people who off themselves. 

Why would you possibly believe that she killed herself? 

Edited by WilliamM