The end of a sweet romance :(

samhexum

Former Alabama jail boss Vicky White and capital murder suspect Casey Cole White have been arrested in Indiana following a car chase that ended in a crash, according to a new report.

Vicky shot herself in the process, Evansville Sheriff Dave Wedding told a WAAY TV reporter on Monday.

Authorities plan on holding a press conference shortly.

The pair have been on the lam since their alleged April 29 escape from Lauderdale County jail in Alabama.

Vicky White and Casey White were captured on Monday.

30 minutes ago, samhexum said:

Former Alabama jail boss Vicky White and capital murder suspect Casey Cole White have been arrested in Indiana following a car chase that ended in a crash, according to a new report.

Vicky shot herself in the process, Evansville Sheriff Dave Wedding told a WAAY TV reporter on Monday.

Authorities plan on holding a press conference shortly.

The pair have been on the lam since their alleged April 29 escape from Lauderdale County jail in Alabama.

Vicky White and Casey White were captured on Monday.

I always feel sad for desperate women with low self esteem that would do anything for someone that says they care about her.     She is still responsible for her actions,  but I just have to think about what drove her to this act ?

1 hour ago, jjkrkwood said:

I always feel sad for desperate women with low self esteem that would do anything for someone that says they care about her.     She is still responsible for her actions,  but I just have to think about what drove her to this act ?

I think the same can be said for desperate men.  Lord knows in my earlier years I allowed all sorts of men to take advantage of me due to low self esteem. Hopefully never again, but I don’t think I’m as far away from succumbing to that dynamic as I’d like to think. 

I recently read a newspaper story of an 81-year-old man who had lost his life partner then later corresponded with a prison inmate with whom he fell in love. The old man enjoyed the attention of the younger, even by letters only, and fell for some ploy involving savings in gold stored up somewhere. The inmate needed help to transport the gold to the San Francisco area (where the old man happened to live, by the way), in anticipation of his release. The older man sent money to help in moving the gold, not from avarice, but from affection. Of course, there was no inmate, no prison, and no gold. Just a man-woman con artist team preying on the desperate and the gullible. When done, the old man had lost $400,000 in savings and was later subsisting on food stamps and Social Security.

I feel for this man and fear for myself becoming like him in his loneliness and craving for affection. I'm not there now, and hope to never be. But at one time neither was he nor did it want to be. I am enjoying growing older (in spite of doctor labeled "age-related" aches and pains) and look forward to being 81 and older. But who would save me from becoming that man? I don't lay awake thinking about it, but the thoughts do sometimes creep into my mind. As the dyslectic said. "There but for the grace of dog go I."

57 minutes ago, EZEtoGRU said:

Sadly Vicky White has died of her injuries from the gunshot. 

So will Romeo drink poison, or figure out some other way to fulfill his fate?

But isn't it romantic that the sheriff's name is Wedding?

And can we say that Vicky taking advantage of her position was a case of White privilege?

drum roll | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgir

Edited by samhexum
just for the hell of it

22 hours ago, jjkrkwood said:

Just plain nuts | Funny cartoons, Gary larson cartoons, Social work humor

Okay, everyone, we all know this will soon be a made-for-tv movie or something similar on Netflix. Shall we cast the main characters?

Kylie Minogue or Jennifer Anniston

Jason Momoa or John Krasinski

sheriff - Ed Asner or Alan Alda

Discuss.

4 minutes ago, jeezifonly said:

Tragic for their families, but absolutely inconsequential to everyone else watching this story, isn’t it? 

You just described every episode of DATELINE or every based-on-a-true-story movie on Lifetime or USA.

Edited by samhexum
just for the hell of it

21 hours ago, EZEtoGRU said:

I wonder how she thought this would all play out once they escaped?  Was is all worth it Vicky?  Of course we'll never know the answer.

I bet she had the most exciting, thrilling, love and lust filled 10 days of her life. That inmate scratched her itch and gave her something she probably yearned for her entire life. She’d rather die than be without him. I wanna feel what Vicky felt. 

2 hours ago, Coolwave35 said:

I bet she had the most exciting, thrilling, love and lust filled 10 days of her life. That inmate scratched her itch and gave her something she probably yearned for her entire life. She’d rather die than be without him. I wanna feel what Vicky felt. 

7 minutes ago, EZEtoGRU said:

Would you do what Vicky did in order to feel it?

Probably only if it was with a 19 year old virgin.

😁🤣😇😜

According to the news I heard last night, the inmate was asked if he felt anything for the woman who died, and he simply responded "No." Gotta give him credit for honesty. 

50 minutes ago, purplekow said:

As for the casting.  Renee Zellweiger.   Ms White       Johnny Depp in his return to the movies Mr White.  .  And as the sheriff.  

Neice Nash in a bit of imaginative casting.  Otherwise as the sheriff.  Brad Pitt

Niecy's too busy having sex with her wife all over the world.

https://pagesix.com/2022/05/11/niecy-nash-living-up-to-her-goal-of-making-love-all-around-the-world/

Here we go again...

A Louisiana security officer is suspected of helping three teen inmates escape from a youth detention center Saturday.

The Red River Parish Sheriff’s Office was notified shortly before 7 a.m. that the three inmates, all serving time for felonies, broke out of the Ware Youth Detention Center in Coushatta.

“Oncoming day shift employees discovered that three male juvenile residents, with help from a female WYC security guard, had escaped the juvenile detention facility approximately four hours earlier,” the Sheriff’s Office posted on Facebook.

The post said that video surveillance captured security guard Victoria Tune, 21, driving the three teens from the detention center in a white 2010 Pontiac G6 with a Louisiana license plate and a missing rear bumper.

The escapees are TyJuan Lafitte, 17, serving time for first-degree attempted murder; Jeremiah Durham, 17, serving time for armed robbery, and 15-year-old Na’Varaya Lane, for attempted second-degree murder.

All three were wearing orange jumpsuits when they fled. The direction they traveled was not clear.

A warrant was issued for Tune in connection with the escape.

“For people who are close to Tori, know that this is completely out of character for her,” a woman named Amber Tilly wrote in response to the sheriff’s post.

“Instead of jumping to conclusions so quickly, give the authorities and the families who are involved enough time to gather all the facts. I grew up with her so I’m very confident when I say that this is very out of character for her.”

You know, I'm surprised, because usually in these cases people who knew the suspects say things like, "Yeah, in high school she was voted most likely to help an inmate escape..."

Edited by samhexum
just for the hell of it

• 3 weeks later...

A person who helped authorities find runaway jail boss Vicky White and her lover inmate Casey White collected a $5,000 reward from the state of Alabama Wednesday.

The state’s finance department issued the reward to a person who “provided valuable assistance to law enforcement in securing the apprehension and arrest of Casey White,” Gov. Kay Ivey’s office said.

The recipient has chosen to remain anonymous and officials did not detail how that tipster helped authorities track down Vicky White, 56, and Casey White, 38, during the 11-day manhunt.