Texas or The Rockies

rustyrex

I’m planning a trip but wonder which would be fun with regard to providers and things to do.  Denver, Salt Lake City, and Las Vegas or Dallas, Austin, and Houston?    I’m thinking of visiting all three cities in a road trip.  Just can’t decide if I should go to Texas or the Western States.  I’m driving. Hoping one area is a better value than the other.  I also want hot providers.

thanks!

Personally, I’d hit Texas. 

Admittedly, I’ve a got a soft spot for Texan men.

But even so, Vegas is flake central, Denver guys in my experience
were "meh", and I can’t even imagine hiring in Salt Lake City.

Just one man’s opinion. YMMV.

Wow. For me it would be hands-down Denver, SLC, and LV. Tons more interesting things to do is these cities. For the question of better value, you'd have to check for particular dates. Especially in LV, hotel prices can vary easily 4 to 5 times depending on what conventions are in town, or weekday vs weeknight. Hopefully you'd be able to rent a car and see the areas around there. I've had some very memorable hires in LV. There seems to be a nice selection in SLC also. 

honestly, are providers - or things to do - more important for this trip?......

I agree with nycman that LV may have more-than-normal amounts of flaky providers......

value: I think both areas will have nearly the same "value" re: dollars......both Texas and the mountain states are not known for outrageous prices/costs.....

if scenery and attractions are important, well, you know the answer to that!

providers:  I presume all six cities (large and cosmopolitan), including SLC, have a wide variety of options spanning the quality spectrum 

Thanks for the input, it all comes down to $$$$, just like everything in this world.  We’ll see, gotta do something besides hearing the mattress squeak.  I love nature but I also love the big city.  

I was also trying to factor Pride into it since I’ll be doing the first or second weekend in June.  I haven’t experienced Pride in a large city.  

• 5 months later...
On 4/26/2022 at 4:22 PM, rustyrex said:

I was also trying to factor Pride into it since I’ll be doing the first or second weekend in June.  I haven’t experienced Pride in a large city.  

Not every city celebrates Pride in June.  This is partly because of climate, but also because each city does not want to compete with other cities in the region and thereby force people to choose to participate in only one Pride event or the other.

Las Vegas and Phoenix celebrate Pride in October, on different weekends from each other.  Palm Springs celebrates Pride in November.

Edited by Vegas_nw1982

1 hour ago, Charlie said:

Palm Springs doesn't celebrate Pride in June because there are not many gay tourists here in summer heat, and the locals who can leave don't stick around either.

And then there are the old farts like us who don't even go to the Pride events despite living here in November.

I think Pride works best for young folks who have newly accepted their identity and want to celebrate it.