Odd behavior - blocking after 1st time encounter

This topic is 760 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

So I got right to the point when contacting the masseur for a booking last night or today.  Made the appt.  Kept the back and forth to a minimum. Arrived 10 min early. Pretty good massage, broke the ice, had a little conversation. As I'm getting dressed, I get the warning that the provider is going to take some time off from advertising so his ad may disappear.  (I know where this is heading, but eh if it happens it happens)  But I could still contact him via his cell to setup additional times.  

Tipped regardless. 

Sure enough get home and Profile Inaccessible. Now I'm puzzled, but I'm going to start this post and not let the encounter worry me.  

I'm just wondering if this was some risk reduction on the provider's part.  If you don't know how a 1st time encounter might be reviewed, better to preemptively block and see if they come back? 

Or simply I got canned as a client for an unknown reason. 

Either way, not going to take it personal, nor leave a review here. I had no issues with the massage. I might try a 2nd booking, but the behavior is puzzling.  It comes across as a red flag. 

Edited by BeamerBikes
Adding details

23 minutes ago, maninsoma said:

Do you mean the profile is inaccessible to you when you are logged in but you know his ad is still there because you can see it while not logged in?

Oh yeah, I got blockity blockity blocked blocked.  Logged in with my acct profile Inaccessible. Able to view profile if not logged in. 

It's not the profile deactivated or frozen messages.  

Just puzzling for the block action. Everything seemed good so I'm curious to see if there was some possible reasons I'm not considering.  Also well aware that the reason could be just not interested in retaining as a client. 

That sounds so odd.  Why would he go through the motion of telling you that even if his ad disappeared because he was taking time off that you could set something up by calling his cell if he wanted to not see you again?  I guess if you really do want to see him again, you can call his cell to see if your number has been blocked from calling him as well.  Otherwise maybe he blocked you from seeing his ad for another reason, the first of which that occurs to me is that you don't have a way to submit a review if you cannot see his ad while logged in.  Maybe he does that in order to prevent bad reviews if he's not certain the client is happy? 

All in all, I'd just say to consider yourself lucky that you enjoyed your appointment with him and leave his confusing drama behind.

13 minutes ago, maninsoma said:

Maybe he does that in order to prevent bad reviews if he's not certain the client is happy? 

Yeah, that would be the most logical i concluded as well.  All things considered I enjoyed myself, and hoped he did as well.  But yeah, sometimes the answer is people are crazy. We'll see what comes from it all.  

One thing for certain, dudes play a shit ton of games. I can’t say how many times I’ve met someone and everything was fine, and then afterwards they start acting weird for no reason. 

However in this case, it’s hard to tell. It does sound like a rude game to play, and if the person comes around again I wouldn’t entertain. 

• 3 weeks later...

I just had the same thing happen to me last week.  He blocked me within 2 minutes of leaving the house.  As I was getting dressed, he told me when he would be visiting again and asked if he could contact me before he comes to set something up.  All seemed fine until I realized he blocked me as soon as I left.  I assumed he was afraid I would leave a bad review since his pics were fake (or extremely dated) and he weighed about 50+ Lbs more than shown in his profile and didn't want a bad review.  

• 3 weeks later...

Same thing happened to me on RM.  He was someone who only wanted contact if you were ready to book, otherwise didn't want to be bothered. 

But I am somewhat sympathetic when I encounter weirdness like this.  I do everything I can to screen out timewasters so that I don't have to talk to them.  My answering service qualifies them, and I will only take an appointment if they provide full contact information, and STILL they get through.

1 minute ago, Shawn Monroe said:

One time I had a client ask me if he could contact me the next time I was in town, or if I was the type that didn’t like repeat business. 

weird as heck to me but there are guys out there that don’t like repeat business. 

It's just so hard to remember what lies you told 'em last time.

Kevin Slater

6 hours ago, Jarrod_Uncut said:

I’m curious: can you provide an actual sample of the conversation. That way we can decipher what may be the issue.

No, because when you're blocked you lose access to the messages. It was a VERY banal exchange about services and pricing for me and my husband. Perhaps he just wasn't into couples or he didn't find us attractive.