Bidets

samhexum
This topic is 793 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

On 11/30/2020 at 9:09 AM, Pensant said:

This afternoon I may take the plunge and buy a Toto toilet with the washlet so I don’t have to worry about TP ever again.

On 11/30/2020 at 9:38 AM, cany10011 said:

Great idea. Toto or any toilet bidet is super useful to getting cleaner down there... but still need a little TP for inspection purposes..lol.

On 11/30/2020 at 11:43 AM, craigville beach said:

i have one and i love it

On 11/30/2020 at 12:00 PM, MikeBiDude said:

You guys having me looking again!! Rented an VRBO condo in Honolulu for two weeks once with one, sold!

On 11/30/2020 at 12:21 PM, jjkrkwood said:

The Toto's seem to be a bit of a committment ? you can either buy the complete toilet OR just the Bidet attachment. but since I am not sure if I will like it, I was thinking of starting with the lower priced TUSHY bidet attachments and give it a spin... They are inexpensive so I can toss it if I hate it.

On 11/30/2020 at 1:56 PM, Epigonos said:

I will admit, up front, that I find the very idea of a bidet toilet disgusting. However, the more I think about it the more I laugh at myself.

On 11/30/2020 at 4:36 PM, sniper said:

Haven't you ever used a handheld shower on your ass before? Same principle.

On 11/30/2020 at 4:54 PM, Harryinny said:

I was raised in a bidet country and got addicted to them. Too bad the US never adopted them, puritan ethic? The Toto is a good alternative.

On 11/30/2020 at 5:30 PM, orville said:

I like to be very clean, so I may need a power bidet ?

On 11/30/2020 at 7:27 PM, Pensant said:

Ordered two today, one with the washlet.

On 11/30/2020 at 7:48 PM, marylander1940 said:

I think they're only popular in Miami because Hispanics there are the wealthiest. Because of the lack of use (or even knowledge of what bidets are for) we have a high amount of cases of yeast and fungus in the gums...

On 12/1/2020 at 1:36 PM, handiacefailure said:

A friend of mine bought the bidet seat at Costco for around $300 a couple years ago and I love it. I'd love to have one in my master bedroom bathroom since the seat heats up. Only problem is I don't have an outlet by my toilet and would need an electrician to wire an outlet there

On 12/1/2020 at 1:57 PM, jjkrkwood said:

I have the same issue with no accessible outlet, but I have seen units that dont require electricity, and those are the ones I am focusing on. My neighbor has one, and it work fine, but I really have nothing to compare it to.

On 12/1/2020 at 6:51 PM, handiacefailure said:

My concern is with no power how will the water be warm and how can you get the drying air?

On 12/2/2020 at 4:20 AM, jjkrkwood said:

Both valid concerns, and the attachment my neighbor has doesnt have either of those features, it just has a flush of cold water for cleaning, and requires a "wipe dry".... which I suppose is the "poor man's bidet" ? ?

On 12/2/2020 at 8:17 AM, Pensant said:

Mine have been ordered and hopefully will be installed next week. I have an electrician putting in an outlet. Very excited to take my morning ablutions to a more rarified sphere!

Google employees in the Bay Area are unhappy over the company’s plans to remove heated bidet toilets from the office premises.  ASSHOLES! BUTTHEADS! PARTY POOPERS! ASSWIPES!

The tech giant started removing the Toto-branded toilet seats because they were in violation of California’s code for commercial buildings, according to Protocol, which reportedly saw a maintenance ticket ordering the removals.

Company staffers took to the internal meme generator to complain about the new policy, with one worker noting: “The removal of bidets in the office is my #2 issue with RTO,” referring to returning to the office.

Edgar Tovar, who handles maintenance at company facilities, told staffers that the bidet removal “has the added benefit of supporting Google’s water sustainability commitments.”

“Many of our buildings are migrating to recycled water systems which cannot support bidets,” he wrote.

Bidet toilets are specially outfitted so that those who need to go to the bathroom can have a stream of water strategically aimed at the relevant areas.

The word “bidet” is French for “pony” or “small horse” — which is appropriate since the use of a bidet requires one to straddle it as if riding a four-legged animal.

Proponents of bidets argue that it would be beneficial for the environment since it would save trees that are needed to be cut down in order to produce toilet paper.

In the early days of the coronavirus pandemic, sales of bidets skyrocketed as shoppers started panic-buying toilet paper.

Google employees will be required to return to the company’s offices for at least three days of in-person work per week starting on April 4, the company said earlier this month.

https://nypost.com/2022/03/25/google-gets-rid-of-heated-bidet-toilets-for-employees/

20 hours ago, rustyrex said:

I was lucky enough to use a bidet at Japanese themed spa.  It felt like a dick was taking a warm piss on my hole!  I loved it!!  Plus my star fish was squeaky clean!! 

image.png.8f9a547fdcc9f6f4fb121121e264967b.png

I feel a song coming on!

A mother-in-law who self-cathed required the acquisition of one - just the seat, USpa from BioBidet for guest bath toilet. 

The additional one we then added to the master is just for pleasure and well-being. I’m using 40% less water since retirement from work (hair) that demanded a lot of it, so using the bidet is a wash.