FYI: Free COVID-19 test via USPS provided by US Gov

easygoingpal

5 minutes ago, KrisParr said:

Do the tests have an expiration date? Inquiring minds … thanks.

I know for the orange box iHealth tests we've been getting a lot of free here in DC the expiration is 6 months but I saw an article that CDC? had extended them to one year even though the date printed on the box shows 6 months. 

There is a lot of doubt they're very good at detecting Omicron especially in early days. But they are good at detecting Delta and Alpha. Seems Omicron is best tested with a throat swab while Delta is best tested with nasal swabs. I swab my throat then my nose fwiw. 

We have an art studio (not a gallery) in the basement. We are required to have a (small)town business license. Because of this we are not eligible for the tests because our address is registered as a business. Filed a complaint with the USPS but they warn that response to inquiries could take a long time due to shortage of employees. Meanwhile we are out of luck.

If you're lucky enough to get the FlowFlex ones in blue box you can pay $20 to use them to get back into the US when traveling. Unfortunately not the orange box iHealth ones (which ironically are Made in China lol).

https://viewfromthewing.com/how-to-use-your-free-government-covid-tests-for-travel/

Here's hoping i win the FlowFlex lottery !

spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...

Also as an aside, my tests were technically ordered just prior to the public release. The website officially launched on a Tuesday and I was part of the “early/soft” launch on the day before. So if you ordered later, it’s still most likely processing. Remember you’re moving at the speed of government!