Colonoscopy ?

lucky13000
This topic is 732 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

10 hours ago, FreshFluff said:

Thanks, Kevin. This is very helpful advice. The doctor ordered a  Miralax prep with non-red Gatorade...

If you want to be extra kind to the colonoscopist, drink Glacier Cherry Gatorade. It's clear!

Amazon.com : Gatorade Zero Sugar Thirst Quencher, Glacier Cherry, 20 Fl Oz  (Pack of 12) : Grocery & Gourmet Food

That Scooby-Doo clip brings back memories of the pre-post area.  For my clinic/hospital, I had a later appt in the day.  The waiting area for pre and post procedure was the same. As the guys came back after the procedures, it was uncontrollable cacophonies of flatulence all around me.  

Reminded me of how Leslie Neilsen would bring the fart sound machine with him and carry on in a completely normal serious tone. 

6 hours ago, BeamerBikes said:

...Reminded me of how Leslie Neilsen would bring the fart sound machine with him and carry on in a completely normal serious tone. 

This woman, who reviewed one of those fart sound producers on amazon, works at a hospital. I wonder if it's the colonoscopy suite?

Reviewed in the United States on March 14, 2021

Style: 1 PCS BLACK Verified Purchase
It's a bit over priced, I think, for what it is, but I work in a hospital and it has been a great deal of fun. 🤣🤣
Edited by Unicorn

It’s probably been mentioned already, but that anesthesia they give you is amazing!  I’d go through the procure weekly if they would keep givin’ me that good shit (and leave me alone in the recovery room to keep enjoying it). Fruit of the gods. 

Best of luck tomorrow, and report back!

Kevin Slater 

27 minutes ago, Kevin Slater said:

It’s probably been mentioned already, but that anesthesia they give you is amazing!  I’d go through the procure weekly if they would keep givin’ me that good shit (and leave me alone in the recovery room to keep enjoying it). Fruit of the gods. 

Best of luck tomorrow, and report back!

Kevin Slater 

Is it worth the prep?

And good lord. It was a good event, but that was the longest two hours of my life--and not just because of the colonoscopy prep.

17 hours ago, FreshFluff said:

Is it worth the prep?

And good lord. It was a good event, but that was the longest two hours of my life--and not just because of the colonoscopy prep.

I arrived on time and had to wait and wait and wait.  The more time that I spent waiting in that room-- the more pissed I became.  {I did not have a long wait five or more years prior.}

Finally, my name was called; I tagged along, went into the curtained-off but spacious cubicle, answered the questions of the medical assistant, dressed in that gown and lay on the too short gurney and was covered with an extended heated blanket/sheet.  The warmth felt good, but my friggin' hearing aids forced me to hear far too much music and voices from the cubicles that were to my right and left.  ...more wait...., wait...., wait.  I was so alarmed that at one point I thought about getting up and dressing and finally exiting.

Well, I calmed down; the medical assistant entered to give me the anesthesia.  Unfortunately, he had difficulty finding my veins,  so he called for another individual to do this.  Again, I was on the verge of telling all concerned to forget it.  Great, she found a vein in my hand and was successful.

The doctor came into this waiting area for half of a second.  Minutes later I was wheeled into the room for the procedure; my eyes surveyed and scanned the equipment.  The assistants and doctor were in the room, and that is all that I can relay.  That anesthesia went to work rather quickly.  

The next thing that I remember is that I'm back inside of the curtained cubicle; the doctor entered and gave me the positive outcome and abruptly exited.  Could he not had been a little more personable?  (...no bed side manners here!)

I dressed and was helped to a comfortable wheelchair that looked to have had a leather seat and back and rendered a lot of comfort. From that point, an assistant pushed me outside to the van that awaited me.  ...onward home.

That was my experience about the wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, and more wait.  I am elated that it's over: the wait, wait, wait...

5 hours ago, Axiom2001 said:

I arrived on time and had to wait and wait and wait.  The more time that I spent waiting in that room-- the more pissed I became....

That was my experience about the wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, and more wait.  I am elated that it's over: the wait, wait, wait...

Oh, for God's sake. Did you have something important to do after the procedure? A train to catch, perhaps? Or do you just enjoy making an issue over things which are completely unimportant? Most people just take the day of their colonoscopy off. 

Eye Roll Emoji [Free Download in PNG] | Emoji Island

Edited by Unicorn