Newbie in NYC says he's also a Psychologist

dutchal
This topic is 870 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Have I ever mentioned that I'm a neurosurgeon? I trained online during COVID. It's a nice add on to the medical degree I picked up at Costco. 

I wonder why anyone would be attracted to a massage therapist who's a psychologist? Maybe to be sure a happy ending is truly happy?

Given that he says his training is outside of the U.S. and he isn't licensed to practice here, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and believe that he could practice as a psychologist in Brazil.  If he were U.S. licensed, I'd tend to disbelieve him unless he wrote that he decided to forgive his license.  The licensing boards for mental health professions are very strict in the U.S. and I don't see how someone could advertise any sort of erotic service and maintain their license.

That being said, I know that some people like to pretend that they are mental health professionals when, in fact, they've simply taken some basic "life coach" training.  Those people may be good at motivating basically functional people to go after their goals, but they are not equipped to deal with serious mental illness.

There’s also something lost (or gained) in translation. 
He’s not the only provider to combine intuitive companionship with actual post-grad training of some sort - a fave of mine is a US licensed therapist, but augments with SW to pay for insurance, while keeping the two tracks separate. Brunno not unique as one who absolutely looks the part, without disclosing real details or rate.

Might be terrific.
These days, leaving a session with *life questions* is preferable to leaving with a new pathogen!