Stormy Weather

Luv2play
This topic is 886 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I am sitting in my kitchen tonight and the wind outside is howling. We are on the tail end of the system that went through the central states yesterday wreaking havoc with multiple tornadoes. Fortunately we don't have those but the winds are exceeding 100 kms.

My old dog is lying down in the living room but he is not himself these days. I think he is dying. I took him to the vet yesterday to check him out but they found nothing obviously wrong. They took his blood and will get back to me Monday.

He's not interested in eating much anymore and is lethargic. Nothing to do but wait. His name is Storm.

My Storm passed away today, at noon, lying in the sun in the backyard, a place he has loved for over 10 years since coming into my home. It was a peaceful death that came naturally. He hadn't been sick a day in his life with me so I knew over a week ago that he sensed the end was approaching. 

Having pets is great but losing them hurts. But the good memories will live on.

On 12/17/2021 at 12:20 PM, Luv2play said:

My Storm passed away today, at noon, lying in the sun in the backyard, a place he has loved for over 10 years since coming into my home. It was a peaceful death that came naturally. He hadn't been sick a day in his life with me so I knew over a week ago that he sensed the end was approaching. 

Having pets is great but losing them hurts. But the good memories will live on.

I'm sorry to hear Storm passed away. Hang in there.