Spas in NYC

Guy Fawkes

1 hour ago, Intosmoothmuscles said:

It sounds like he is being overbooked. 

Also, the expectations for a "world of everything" might now be attached to him given all the high praise. I highly doubt someone can provide it over 5 times per day. Many of the other masseurs don't have the same standards.

13 hours ago, Juslookin said:

Had a massage at Hk with Chris -- massage itself was very underwhelming focused on just my legs and back and before I know it, it's been 50 mins. The worst part of it all was the negotiation/tipping. Unexpected bc I've never encountered that from HK before and a bit of a let down. 

Makes me wonder if as a client, we could be proactive with the negotiations prior to the massage. Get the business out of the way up front so that the massage can continue without killing the vibe. 

On 4/23/2024 at 10:37 AM, Juslookin said:

Had a massage at Hk with Chris -- massage itself was very underwhelming focused on just my legs and back and before I know it, it's been 50 mins. The worst part of it all was the negotiation/tipping. Unexpected bc I've never encountered that from HK before and a bit of a let down. 

Sorry for that.  As picture attached below   He is fired   
I can’t guarantee all of us can do very good Masage   Because different people are gifted differently  but I promise anytime I find my workmate negotiates tip    I will stop that for sure     Thank you JUSLOOKIN to let us know about Chris   And I have send you PM   Talk to you there ❤️

IMG_1740.thumb.png.96d7adf90ebd556577a59fc87e5ec879.png

1 hour ago, Benhby said:

Sorry for that.  As picture attached below   He is fired   
I can’t guarantee all of us can do very good Masage   Because different people are gifted differently  but I promise anytime I find my workmate negotiates tip    I will stop that for sure     Thank you JUSLOOKIN to let us know about Chris   And I have send you PM   Talk to you there ❤️

IMG_1740.thumb.png.96d7adf90ebd556577a59fc87e5ec879.png

Give Chris my number. I’m willing to help a needy muscle boy out in his time of crisis. 😈

On 4/23/2024 at 1:44 PM, Intosmoothmuscles said:

It sounds like he is being overbooked. 

I agree with this 10000%. They are having him churn out massages so it’s basically him just trying to get through the day. He looked/seemed pretty tired when I saw him. It’s pretty a demanding job. The time when I called in the morning to book with him, they mentioned “he’s booked until 9PM”. So I do feel a big part is him being overbooked. The energy was definitely more of a burnt out vibe. 

On 4/16/2024 at 10:51 PM, dreamboy13 said:

I’m striking out lately. 
Just had Sebastian and it was just okay. The massage skills weren’t that great tbh. I went in thinking it was going to be amazing based on reviews here, but I’ve had so many incredible massages that this one was kind of lackluster. Plus he had a hangnail that I kept feeling scrape along my back lol. 

Was just with Sebastian. No hangnail fortunately but I have to agree that the massage wasn't that great, sort of like a "squeeze and jump" all around the body. I wondered if he learned this technique as a baker and then thought "do bakers actually kneed bread this way?"

Good news is that the session finished on a high note. DM for details.

I went to G Men spa based on good reviews. I had Roy , did not like him at all.  he said I need 100$ tip in the beginning.  I was total upset as they charge already 70 $ for 1 hr. He just rubbed my upper back for 50 minutes near to neck for 1 hr session. Really that was it. I did not flip at all and he said all done. Total waste of time and money.

Edited by funjoe

23 hours ago, funjoe said:

I went to G Men spa based on good reviews. I had Roy , did not like him at all.  he said I need 100$ tip in the beginning.  I was total upset as they charge already 70 $ for 1 hr. He just rubbed my upper back for 50 minutes near to neck for 1 hr session. Really that was it. I did not flip at all and he said all done. Total waste of time and money.

Wooof! G Man is kind of a waste for the most part. Joe was the mid session poker/tip negotiator.         
Then there was Jerry. Woof horrible massage and like 10 minutes in wanted action. It’s like they prefer the action over actually massaging there.  I was like screw this place lol. it’s also kinda dank.

Guys who work at spas many times are not happy with how little they get paid for their work so they start to ask for more tips which clients don’t like. They also lose motivation to provide high quality services as time passes. Then they get fired and left with nothing. How sad and cruel. 

Chris, and other guys who work at spas, if you read this, consider it a gift when you get fired. Just go independent and advertise on rentmasseur. Even if you charge the lowest rate which is about $160 for 60 minutes, you will get about double or more than double of what you are making per client at the spa. This will motivate you to give high quality work and your clients will be happy with you as you won’t need to beg for a little bit more money for your hard work. 

Leave the cheap oppressors alone and be free. 

Edited by Spiritualadvisor

1 hour ago, Spiritualadvisor said:

Leave the cheap oppressors alone and be free.

SA, I know you mean well, but you are making assumptions that probably don't hold up for many of the guys who work in "spas."  First, that they have a space to host clients in NYC, much less in Manhattan.  Second, running an online ad requires a credit card or bank account to pay the fee.  It's not likely that many of these guys have such a thing.  Finally, as has been discussed here many times, some guys may need to stay "under the radar" for immigration reasons, or worse, are beholden to a "handler" of some kind who holds their passport and calls the shots.

Going freelance would be a big step for someone who perhaps is not fluent in English, or confident in being able to negotiate terms with a client.  The spas have the space and a more-or-less reliable flow of customers.  Yes, the money sucks for them, but it realistically may be the only viable option for many who work in them.

On 4/29/2024 at 6:14 PM, dreamboy13 said:

Wooof! G Man is kind of a waste for the most part. Joe was the mid session poker/tip negotiator.         
Then there was Jerry. Woof horrible massage and like 10 minutes in wanted action. It’s like they prefer the action over actually massaging there.  I was like screw this place lol. it’s also kinda dank.

What is happening to G Man? Roy, Joe, Jerry and I had the same bad experience with Jon a couple of weeks back. On top of that Romeo (the manager) has messed up my first two appointments.

Yeah my one and only time they messed up who I wanted to see saying my guy was not there when he was, switch and bait! And the place it self is not to my liking, kinda shabby IMHO🤷🏻‍♂️ have no plans to go back 

Edited by JUWS

15 minutes ago, JUWS said:

Yeah my one and only time they messed up who I wanted to see saying my guy was not there when he was, switch and bait! And the place it self is not to my liking, kinda shabby IMHO🤷🏻‍♂️ have no plans to go back 

Both times they messed up was when they said the masseur i requested wasnt ready because I arrived too early. I got there 10 minutes before my appointment lol

Can anyone tell me how you know who you are getting at Energy, Grandee or any other spa other than HK and 27? Grandee has "Masseur A, B, C, D" online but who are you getting. I am new to this spas (other than HK and 27), had a bad experience and looking to branch out. But rather know what the guy will look like prior to walking in. Do I just look through this message board for the time being?

On 4/30/2024 at 8:24 PM, robear said:

SA, I know you mean well, but you are making assumptions that probably don't hold up for many of the guys who work in "spas."  First, that they have a space to host clients in NYC, much less in Manhattan.  Second, running an online ad requires a credit card or bank account to pay the fee.  It's not likely that many of these guys have such a thing.  Finally, as has been discussed here many times, some guys may need to stay "under the radar" for immigration reasons, or worse, are beholden to a "handler" of some kind who holds their passport and calls the shots.

Going freelance would be a big step for someone who perhaps is not fluent in English, or confident in being able to negotiate terms with a client.  The spas have the space and a more-or-less reliable flow of customers.  Yes, the money sucks for them, but it realistically may be the only viable option for many who work in them.

You make some very good points about going independent and as we well know, there are pros and cons to everything in life.   Speaking for the NYC market, I'm suddenly noticing that many of the new ads on either masseurfinder or rentmasseur are Asian masseurs who are  working at spas.  When contacted, they will respond and tell you to meet with them at the spa where they work.  Sometimes I will notice a price of $70 which is quite obvious that it is the spa price and sometimes they will indicate a reasonable mark up price llke $100 > $120.  You will not see "ask".   It appears that the spa will allow them to do this since they are not hiding anything.  If you agree to meet with them at the spa through the ad, then they're guaranteed a decent tip (at least $50) and hope that if you leave happy,  they may get even more $$$.  They may offer to meet with you as an outcall as well.  

On 4/1/2024 at 4:52 PM, Shock said:

Cody is the best. Handsome built Latino, and a legit massage therapist. Intuitive, strong, creative, and just a little bit sadistic (in the very best way). 

Can second this. Had a massage with Cody and it was incredibly sensual and gave me some 50 shades of grey vibe in a good way. Left very happy