Spas in NYC

Guy Fawkes

Happy Sunday, gents. Heading to NYC next weekend and hoping the locals can weigh in. I’ve combed the board for the last few months and put together a wish list. I’m looking for a great massage with basic extras. Prefer Asian masseurs. Which of the following would you say is the best spa/masseur overall? And are these guys still around? 

Utopia - Andy
TSMS - Ken/Adam
Alpha - Bert
Top Men - Ryan/David
27 - August, John, Chad
Shangrila - Ko
Energy - Jack
Yeah Man - Chen

I had a great time with Andy at W last time I was in town. 

Thanks for any input! 

16 hours ago, GoodTimeCharlie213 said:

Happy Sunday, gents. Heading to NYC next weekend and hoping the locals can weigh in. I’ve combed the board for the last few months and put together a wish list. I’m looking for a great massage with basic extras. Prefer Asian masseurs. Which of the following would you say is the best spa/masseur overall? And are these guys still around? 

Utopia - Andy
TSMS - Ken/Adam
Alpha - Bert
Top Men - Ryan/David
27 - August, John, Chad
Shangrila - Ko
Energy - Jack
Yeah Man - Chen

I had a great time with Andy at W last time I was in town. 

Thanks for any input! 

"Energy - Jack" : Good massage skill, very hygiene and good service mind. HJ possible. Highly recommended.

"27 - August, John, Chad" : John is now at Energy. August and Chad are still there. Recommend August. 

"TSMS - Ken/Adam"  : Adam is good. 

It is all about what do you need. If you need good massage, go to Jack at Energy. If you need "pleasant service", Adam might be possible.

5 hours ago, Eztraveler said:

Went to west side ymca at 63rd today. Both sauna and steam room are still closed. Anyone have any idea what the deal is?

Maybe they’re doing it branch by branch, but when I went to McBurney today (which was back to normal with the cruising and the steam room fun), everything was definitely open. 

On 5/9/2022 at 6:59 PM, columbuslaw123 said:

Can I go without having a membership? They do day passes?

They’re no longer doing day passes or free trial passes (something to do with COVID), so you need a membership to go.

7 hours ago, Lawkid3889 said:

I just started working in Lower Manhattan. I’m looking for a place where I can go to get “manscaped” (not waxing). Can anyone recommend  anywhere? I’m down to travel in Manhattan. Thanks. 

Richard at MPM

9 hours ago, Lawkid3889 said:

I just started working in Lower Manhattan. I’m looking for a place where I can go to get “manscaped” (not waxing). Can anyone recommend  anywhere? I’m down to travel in Manhattan. Thanks. 

Google "George James Spa" in Chelsea.  Highly recommended and gives good massages too.  You can make an appointment directly on his website.  Good Luck!

Had a great experience with Burt at Alpha some time ago after seeing everyone's glowing recommendations here. I'm looking for someone like him, preferably an Asian this time who gives me the same explosive experience for this weekend. Please feel free to PM me with tea. 😎

Tried Bert at Alpha and did not have the type of experience many have described.  Decent massage with some sensual elements but the session itself ended rather abruptly without explosive anything.  Also, when I left I realized the actual session was maybe 45 minutes at the max.

Don't know if it was because he was rushed due to the close scheduling of other clients (before and after me) if it was chemistry - while not an ogre, I'm not as young and built as I used to be - or he thought I wasn't interested.  As for the latter, while it was obvious I was "interested" it does take more direct stimulation than he was providing.

Overall, not what I expected and not sure I will visit the place again given my experience with Bert and the reviews of the other therapists.

If you want a decent, cost efficient therapeutic session Bert is probably OK to fit the need.  As for the rest, YMMV definitely applies.

2 hours ago, BigAppleJay said:

Tried Bert at Alpha and did not have the type of experience many have described.  Decent massage with some sensual elements but the session itself ended rather abruptly without explosive anything.  Also, when I left I realized the actual session was maybe 45 minutes at the max.

Don't know if it was because he was rushed due to the close scheduling of other clients (before and after me) if it was chemistry - while not an ogre, I'm not as young and built as I used to be - or he thought I wasn't interested.  As for the latter, while it was obvious I was "interested" it does take more direct stimulation than he was providing.

Overall, not what I expected and not sure I will visit the place again given my experience with Bert and the reviews of the other therapists.

If you want a decent, cost efficient therapeutic session Bert is probably OK to fit the need.  As for the rest, YMMV definitely applies.

Same here, I’ve given Bert a few trys (and tipped very well) but my mileage didn’t come close to the others. Just not the masseur for me :) 

3 hours ago, bigman said:

A good friend told me that he met Michael in Gardee today. I know Michael has been in this industry for a while. On a 10-point scale, I gave him a 9. He is more popular with young and middle-aged customers., I got he  two years before at yeah man 

4 minutes ago, bigman said:

Right now ,waking to energy men , waiting 25 mins , only saw two Guys working on, my masseur told me , they are still 24 hours  opening , but  night shift only 1-2 masseur working , next time better you text for appointment before coming over ! 

Season 5 Smh GIF by The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air

On 5/12/2022 at 12:25 PM, columbuslaw123 said:

Definitely same experience. Not for me. 

I had an even worse experience with this masseur. In the middle of the massage , he explicitly said that if I want an erotic massage I shouldn’t be cheap and be ready to give a good tip. It waz my first time at Alpha Men’s spa so I was taken aback. It could be that he wasn’t attracted to me so he didn’t want to pursue anything thus, the crass statement.

The rest of the massage was so detached and didn’t even bother to give a release. 
Definitely one of the worst experience I had with a masseur.