How does Cockbar Toronto work?

Novice observer

10 minutes ago, TorontoDrew said:

Friday night of Pride it Cockbar was the only place without a line to get in.

Ouch, friday night of pride is rough to not be busy.

I went maybe 4-5 times last year when I was in town. I would walk in, see the 3-4 guys they had, maybe have a drink and walk out. Never once had anyone I was interested in, I didn't renew my membership this year. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/15/2022 at 11:01 AM, TorontoDrew said:

It's $5 or $10 cover for non-members to get in.  For private dances you pay $15 to Cockbar and then $20 per song to the dancer.  Tips are based on performance in my opinion.  Some will ask for them.  Purely optional.  Talk to the dancer before you go about their limits - don't assume.  A lot of these guys are straight.

Is it easy for American visitors to get a membership, or can we just pay a cover to get in? 

visito

My first time to Cock Bar in Toronto over the weekend . I went around midnight on both Friday and Saturday nights as I had other obligations earlier in the evenings.

I misunderstood the entrance my first night as I thought you went upstairs once you entered Flash On Church but the doorman stopped me and asked if I wanted the strip club and walked me to the entrance off church street next to flash. 

it was a $10 cover both nights . I would estimate approximately 8-12 dancers there both nights . They had one dancer dancing in each room (there are 2) simultaneously. They had a nice mix of dancers  I didn’t see any that remained clothed . Some stayed nude longer than others.

I was pleasantly surprised . Friday night i  had my favorite …a college jock frat boy type .. Valentino from Cuba . He was very hot and friendly in the lap dance room. The rooms are very large and lock . I spent most of my time with him on Friday night . 

Unfortunately he wasn’t working on Saturday.  I had a nice time with a muscular and friendly Russian dancer along with my favorite of the night a beautiful Venezuelan who looked like a soccer player. He didn’t speak much English and I just discovered him when it was near closing time but we still had a few lap dances that were nice . 

Bartenders were friendly and drinks were ok priced. But I had to keep track of the number of lap dance songs as it was sometimes hard to tell when one stopped and one started . 

I wouldn’t go to Toronto just for this club but i had a good time and would definitely return if I were already in town. . 

Edited by stripfan
Grammar and punctuation

Bozo also was in Toronto this weekend.

Toronto has always been an incredible place for tourists. So many things going on in town. There was the big food festival in Nathan Phillips Square, and the Bastille Day events at the Distillery district. Also, the Jays were in town at the Rogers Centre, and, as usual, things were really hopping at the beautiful harbourfront.  And Americans get $1.32 Can for every US dollar!

As for the Cock Bar, it was Bozo's first trip since pre-COVID. @stripfan was correct that there are 2 rooms; however, one was small, seating perhaps 15 patrons comfortably (that includes the 2 tables, tiny bar, and seats pushed up against the mirrored side wall). The second room was even smaller.  Bozo still cannot understand the logic behind turning the main floor into another Church Street bar while relegating the strippers/dancers to the smaller upstairs area. 

Thursday night was jock strap night, hosted by a drag queen . TBH, a few of the boys that night would have been better off wearing boxers and shirts. A couple of them had bellies, and were in serious need of Weight Watchers and a gym membership. There were a handful of guys in decent shape, and a few that were muscular. Thankfully, the weekend brought additional handsome, well built gym types. The great thing about the Cock Bar is that if you find the right guy, the "private area" is, by far, the best in North America. For $20.00 a song, you get to play with the boy of your choice in a private cabin that locks from the inside. It is supplied with hand sanitizer and paper towels. 

BoZo

I was at the Cock Bar this past weekend as well, I endorse these reports. Nice mix of dancers wagging their cocks. Only thing I’d add is that one dancer said the rule was $20 for the house and $20 per song for the dancer. You can touch anything, he said, but if you want to use your mouth you have to buy at least five songs

17 hours ago, DustyX said:

I was at the Cock Bar this past weekend as well, I endorse these reports. Nice mix of dancers wagging their cocks. Only thing I’d add is that one dancer said the rule was $20 for the house and $20 per song for the dancer. You can touch anything, he said, but if you want to use your mouth you have to buy at least five songs

Each dancer has their own rules.  I always as for their boundaries etc before I ever agree to a private dance.

• 1 month later...

Passed through a Sunday Monday and Tuesday recently, not a holiday weekend. Brought much cash that all stayed in my pockets. $5 cover Sunday. No attendant to whom a cover charge would be paid Mon or Tues, and bartender did not request it. I had other options, serendipitously, from OF subscription, that panned out well in person. I am given to understand a weekend visit to Cock may be more fruitful, as others have also suggested. 

Edited by SirBillybob

1 hour ago, SirBillybob said:

Passed through a Sunday Monday and Tuesday recently, not a holiday weekend. Brought much cash that all stayed in my pockets. $5 cover Sunday. No attendant to whom a cover charge would be paid Mon or Tues, and bartender did not request it. I had other options, serendipitously, from OF subscription, that panned out well in person. I am given to understand a weekend visit to Cock may be more fruitful, as others have also suggested. 

Bozo was in TO last week. Stopped by CockBar Wed- Saturday. 
With a couple of notable exceptions, it was disappointing. Mostly skinny, tattooed Latin boys or older, out-of-shape white guys. 

One exception was Liam, who was there on Wednesday night.  He is a handsome young, blonde with a lean, muscular build. But he was "taken" for the entire night by a gentleman who had one of the two tables in the main room reserved for himself. Liam didn't show up again the rest of the week. The other exception was Nick, a smooth, muscular Estonian. Nick was a lot of fun in the back, but sadly only there on Friday night.
In the four nights I was there, Nick was my only backroom lap dance. I wish there would've been more. My wallet was stuffed with brown and red bills.

It is really sad that in a city as big as Toronto, this is all there is.

Still had plenty of fun in TO. Went to a couple of Jays games and did a side trip to Niagara Falls.

BoZo

2 hours ago, NyGold said:

Out of curiosity how are the saunas doing in Toronto? Before covid I remember during a visit thinking they were so much better than those in the us … cleaner and more lively. Has covid changed that? 

I didn't go much pre-covid but find they are doing pretty well.  I think the only two still open are Spa Excess and Steamworks.  Both have decent crowds during the day and seem clean.  Hard to tell at Steamworks as its pretty dark.

On 8/30/2023 at 10:02 AM, BOZO T CLOWN said:

One exception was Liam, who was there on Wednesday night.  He is a handsome young, blonde with a lean, muscular build. But he was "taken" for the entire night by a gentleman who had one of the two tables in the main room reserved for himself. Liam didn't show up again the rest of the week.

Liam must have either made enough money that night off him to stay home or he spent the rest of the week at that guy's hotel. 🤣

• 2 months later...
Just now, JT_416 said:

I’ve performed here before.  I can confirm that the private rooms are in fact stocked with condoms, and anything is permitted in the private rooms provided the performer is ok with it.

Do you still perform there?

If you are looking for an experience like Stock Bar or Campus you'll be disappointed.

Different provinces have different legislations and ways to get around those legislations. The dancers at Cock Bar aren't employees of the club and are all freelance. So it's a crap shoot as to what you get each night.

You have to go in with an open mind and remember that the "glory days" of Remingtons and most of Church Street are gone.

That being said we had fun when we were there. 

1 hour ago, JM416 said:

If you are looking for an experience like Stock Bar or Campus you'll be disappointed.

Different provinces have different legislations and ways to get around those legislations. The dancers at Cock Bar aren't employees of the club and are all freelance. So it's a crap shoot as to what you get each night.

You have to go in with an open mind and remember that the "glory days" of Remingtons and most of Church Street are gone.

That being said we had fun when we were there. 

I am not aware of any male strip club where the dancers are "employees" of the club.

If there is a club in Canada or the USA where the dancers are employees, i.e. paid a salary, subject to minimum wage, overtime rules, etc. and have federal and state (provincial) taxes withheld from their salary, I'd like to know which club that is.

BTC

Edited by BOZO T CLOWN

59 minutes ago, BOZO T CLOWN said:

I am not aware of any male strip club where the dancers are "employees" of the club.

If there is a club in Canada or the USA where the dancers are employees, i.e. paid a salary, subject to minimum wage, overtime rules, etc. and have federal and state (provincial) taxes withheld from their salary, I'd like to know which club that is.

BTC

My experience as a performer has always been freelance.