How does Cockbar Toronto work?

Novice observer

Hello!! As I’m visiting Toronto and would love some advice as to how the Cockbar Toronto works.

I know there is a membership fee (cover) but how does tips and strippers/private room work? It is by song, how long do you have and what exactly happens? 

Any advice/insight would be greatly appreciated!!! 

thank you!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

It's $5 or $10 cover for non-members to get in.  For private dances you pay $15 to Cockbar and then $20 per song to the dancer.  Tips are based on performance in my opinion.  Some will ask for them.  Purely optional.  Talk to the dancer before you go about their limits - don't assume.  A lot of these guys are straight.

Thanks. I remember something similar and feeling the whole setup was a good bit more expensive than Montreal for not as great talent. 

Can anyone speak to the current crop of dancers? It wasn't great a few years ago but I read an online review from a little while back that things have changed and the the dancers working now are very good and more akin to a Campus/Stock level dancer. 

Any info?

Edited by Blackout351

• 1 month later...
On 7/26/2022 at 2:26 AM, gn233 said:

I used to go to Flash all the time, Cock bar is a sad joke compared to that. Went in May, fri and sat nights. At most 5 guys and honestly some of the least attractive dancers I have ever seen, and ive been to many clubs. The space is super tiny, so not even enjoyable as just a bar.    Trust me, it's a mess

Sorry to hear this.  I am about to start traveling to Toronto again on business and was hoping Cock Bar might be fun.  Any other suggestions?

On 7/27/2022 at 7:55 PM, The Big Guy said:

Sorry to hear this.  I am about to start traveling to Toronto again on business and was hoping Cock Bar might be fun.  Any other suggestions?

if it was me, I would just hire someone from rent.men. Even if you don't want sex, there are many former dancers on there that could just come and give you a private show etc.  It's going to be much cheaper than going to a strip club and you have a much better selection of guys.

Everything is mostly drag oriented now, that's what Flash bar turned into a drag bar. I guess that brings the cash obviously. There isn't a gay bar in the village that doesn't have a queen performing every night I feel. Except Black Eagle.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
8 hours ago, BOZO T CLOWN said:

Any recent reports on Flash/Cock Bar?

Interested in the stripper bar upstairs. Any hot dancers?
Have ZERO interest in the downstairs drag shows.

BoZo

Apparently still functions according to the same playbook as ever, similar to Campus, Stock, etc. Drew above commented last year. I may swing by this summer but it will be a Mon or Tues and likely sedate, not representative. I believe partial or full wooden doors. I read on another platform that condoms are stocked in the cubicles so oral at minimum likely goes. I believe $5 to enter bar. I think currently one pays either $5 house + $5 dancer to enter the cubicles or a flat rate to the house $20. I would assume that if you go for consecutive privates thru an evening you don’t pony up $20 for access each iteration. I don’t get too worked up over such minor details and they likely change with time. I presume from there that dances are the conventional $20 per song. Years ago there were stunning dancers. AFAIK the same heyday not sustained characterizes current times. I’ll pack a few hundred bucks in case I find it worth burning through. 

Edited by SirBillybob

I made it to Cockbar last night.  It's Pride so there were more dancers than I have ever seen before.

The cover is $10 if you don't have a membership.  It's still men only. The bar is on the second floor with a set of steep stairs to climb.

There are two rooms, each with a small stage.  The dancers go directly to the second stage right after they finish on the first.

They usually do two songs.  The first is usually just shirtless with a tease of ass and cock.  The second is typically full monty.  After more dancers showed up last night they went to one song on each stage so most went fully nude right away.

Suprisingly I did not get any private dances but I think it is a flat $15 for the house and then $20 a song for the dancer.

I talked to one dancer who comes down frequently from Montreal and he said he prefers dancing in Toronto and makes more money here.

There was a wide selection of guys, from twinks to gym bros.

Let me know if you have any more questions.  I'll probably be going again soon when it's less crowded.

18 hours ago, TorontoDrew said:

I made it to Cockbar last night.  It's Pride so there were more dancers than I have ever seen before.

The cover is $10 if you don't have a membership.  It's still men only. The bar is on the second floor with a set of steep stairs to climb.

There are two rooms, each with a small stage.  The dancers go directly to the second stage right after they finish on the first.

They usually do two songs.  The first is usually just shirtless with a tease of ass and cock.  The second is typically full monty.  After more dancers showed up last night they went to one song on each stage so most went fully nude right away.

Suprisingly I did not get any private dances but I think it is a flat $15 for the house and then $20 a song for the dancer.

I talked to one dancer who comes down frequently from Montreal and he said he prefers dancing in Toronto and makes more money here.

There was a wide selection of guys, from twinks to gym bros.

Let me know if you have any more questions.  I'll probably be going again soon when it's less crowded.

@TorontoDrew merci pour votre rapport detaille 🤗.

Bozo will be traveling to TO next month. Still have fond memories of the glory days of Remington's in the late 90's. Sadly, those days will never return.

I still don't understand the  Flash-on-Church owner's logic of turning the first floor of their club into a drag bar. Is that a more successful business model than the entire club as a stripper bar?
Hoping that the quality of dancers is equal to or even better than the offerings at Stock Bar and Campus. Time will tell.....

BoZo

15 minutes ago, BOZO T CLOWN said:

I still don't understand the  Flash-on-Church owner's logic of turning the first floor of their club into a drag bar. Is that a more successful business model than the entire club as a stripper bar

I think there were a couple of reasons.  The upstairs wasn't being fully used before.  Half of it was a room that was rented out for private functions.  Half was used for private dances.

I believe the move happened during the pandemic.  Regular bars opened first and had less restrictions.  Strip clubs opened after.

7 hours ago, BOZO T CLOWN said:

@TorontoDrew merci pour votre rapport detaille 🤗.

Bozo will be traveling to TO next month. Still have fond memories of the glory days of Remington's in the late 90's. Sadly, those days will never return.

I still don't understand the  Flash-on-Church owner's logic of turning the first floor of their club into a drag bar. Is that a more successful business model than the entire club as a stripper bar?
Hoping that the quality of dancers is equal to or even better than the offerings at Stock Bar and Campus. Time will tell.....

BoZo

The logic would be that every drag bar is packed and strip clubs are a dying business model. Facts are facts, just walk down the street in the village and the lines out the door will answer it.

3 hours ago, gn233 said:

The logic would be that every drag bar is packed and strip clubs are a dying business model. Facts are facts, just walk down the street in the village and the lines out the door will answer it.

Friday night of Pride it Cockbar was the only place without a line to get in.