EDIBLES

samhexum

I am a very heavy pot smoker (both in terms of my weight and the amount I smoke).  I'm investigating getting a couple of tooth implants and have been told by the oral surgeon that smoking is a big no-no, and the main reason implants fail. 

So I figured this would be a good time to try edibles for the first time.  My dealer brought me some last time I saw her.  There was one piece of chocolate, which did nothing for me, and all weekend long I've been trying the 'strawberry-shortcake'-flavored cocoa-covered cereal treats.  I'd take some, wait 2 hours, and when nothing happened (except my tinnitus becoming louder), take a larger piece.  Lather, rinse, repeat.  I know I have an enormous tolerance to marijuana at this point, but NOTHING?!?!?  It IS quite tasty, though, and I think anyone with little kids should make absolutely certain they can't find the stash, because they'd think it is some kind of candy.

My dealer says she'll try to get me some gummies to try.

Does anybody here have any suggestions as to what the most potent type of edible is?  Any other suggestions on the subject would also be appreciated.

BTW, I've never used any other drugs, and haven't had a drop of alcohol in 30+ years (and never even got tipsy in my life).

Depends where you live. In WA State, it’s been legal for years and we have well curated shops with an abundance of different edibles: sativa, indica and hybrids. You can get drinks, gummies and many kinds of chocolates, even high-end mint and dark. They usually are 10 mg a piece, so most get a serious high after 90 minutes to two hours.

3 hours ago, samhexum said:

I am a very heavy pot smoker (both in terms of my weight and the amount I smoke).  I'm investigating getting a couple of tooth implants and have been told by the oral surgeon that smoking is a big no-no, and the main reason implants fail. 

So I figured this would be a good time to try edibles for the first time.  My dealer brought me some last time I saw her.  There was one piece of chocolate, which did nothing for me, and all weekend long I've been trying the 'strawberry-shortcake'-flavored cocoa-covered cereal treats.  I'd take some, wait 2 hours, and when nothing happened (except my tinnitus becoming louder), take a larger piece.  Lather, rinse, repeat.  I know I have an enormous tolerance to marijuana at this point, but NOTHING?!?!?  It IS quite tasty, though, and I think anyone with little kids should make absolutely certain they can't find the stash, because they'd think it is some kind of candy.

Does anybody here have any suggestions as to what the most potent type of edible is?  Any other suggestions on the subject would also be appreciated.

BTW, I've never used any other drugs, and haven't had a drop of alcohol in 30+ years (and never even got tipsy in my life).

I can only go by my own experience but this is the last one I tried and it totally jacked me up. Tried it in the evening and woke up the next day still high. That was only 25 mg too! Smoking doesn't deliver anything near the potency of edibles. 

Pure Nirvana 80mg CBD Gummy

Edited by caliguy

High tolerance from frequent use, means needing a larger dose of THC. (3)10mg gummies or other similar measured treats is probably the correct dose. On empty stomach, but food can follow by 10-15m. Effects begin around 40m after.

Lots of recipes out there for homemade tincture from your chosen bud, if you have one that’s your go-to. Look on YT for Green Dragon vids. Most formulated around std units of purchase 3.5g or 1/8 oz.

I have found that taking 2-3 days off from cannabis every couple weeks resets my tolerance lower and reminds me why I enjoy it…

• 11 months later...

I've never gone to a dispensary or a weed shop, so the relatively few times I've tried edibles they were from my pot dealer.  It's been cookies, gummies, fruit roll-ups, and this time a frosted flakes pop tart.

I'm just curious... do licensed establishments have products for diabetics?

Edited by samhexum
just for the hell of it.

41 minutes ago, samhexum said:

I've never gone to a dispensary or a weed shop, so the relatively few times I've tried edibles they were from my pot dealer.  It's been cookies, gummies, fruit roll-ups, and this time a frosted flakes pop tart.

I'm just curious... do licensed establishments have products for diabetics?

I've never seen them in a dispensary but the diabetic pot group on facebook has had posts about places having sugar free gummies.

I'm a T1D and just bolus for whatever carbs I think are in the edible like they were a non-laced food.   And the cookies are really tiny or if you have pretzels it only takes about five or six to get me buzzed good but I only do about 20Mgs but only use every three to four weeks.

The thing that really hurts my blood sugar is I get the munchies sometimes and eating everything in sight really jacks my blood sugars up.   Thank god for the dexcom and insulin pump.  

• 1 month later...

I prefer to vape my THC because theres no smell and its convenient.  I do also eat edibles from time to time and always have some on me.  I get all my supplies from reputable dispensaries on my trips to California. If you're able I would always suggest that you get your THC edibles from a state licensed dispensary because you know exactly what's in them.

Edibles give you a different kind of high that takes longer to hit but will last longer over all.  

1 hour ago, The Big Guy said:

Thank you!

Also with edibles you can easily put them in your carry-on as well if you want something with you.  I don't even try to hide it anymore I just throw them in my backpack.  They show up as just organic material or food on the TSA scanners.  I don't however get greedy and try to bring a whole truck load with me.  If you're feeling a bit skittish you can take them out of the original packaging and put them in something else.  Put gummies in a pack of gummy bears.  Cookies or brownies just put them in a plain old ziplock.  The TSA is focused on anything that can bring a plane down or that can be used a as a weapon.  They could care less about your "food".

15 minutes ago, nycman said:

I agree with edibles not being a big deal on domestic flights.

Just don’t get stupid and "forget" they’re in you luggage 
when you start crossing International boundaries….

https://www.npr.org/2022/11/09/1135438575/brittney-griner-penal-colony-russia

Exactly always ensure you don't have ANYTHING like that crossing and Int border.  Its just not worth it

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, jeezifonly said:

Tinctures in various combos of CBD/THC deliver effects sublingually. No sugar. I live in Greater LA, and availability is not an issue here. It’s the form easiest to travel with in an unmarked dropper bottle. 

I would be careful and not rely on "unmarked bottles" to get you through customs in countries where it's illegal. Dogs are quite adept at sniffing that out. You don't want to end up like Griner, or worse if you're in Singapore or Arabia.

image.thumb.png.2360d598561a5425941677717e1ec03a.png

On 10/11/2021 at 6:34 AM, samhexum said:

What about vaping?  Is that bad too?  I haven't smoked pot at all since they came out with vaping pens and cartidges of extract. 

7 minutes ago, Rudynate said:

What about vaping?  Is that bad too?  I haven't smoked pot at all since they came out with vaping pens and cartidges of extract. 

Don't know.  I'm not in a no smoking phase for the rest of the summer.  The process starts up again in Sept.