post covid traveling

José Soplanucas
This topic is 1048 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

POST COVID TRAVEL  

26 members have voted

1. 1. When traveling restrictions are lifted. which country will be your first destination?

• Argentina
    • Brazil
    • Colombia
    • Dominican Republic
    • Mexico
    • Western Europe
    • Eastern Europe
    • South East Asia
    • USA
    • Other

Some of us are already traveling, but many are waiting for all restrictions to be lifted before packing. If you are the latter, which one will be your first International post pandemic destination?

I am aware that we mostly think of cities rather than countries, but the list would have been too long. Wanna take a vote?

I will probably stop first in the US but my main destination would be the Dominican Republic. I just need to gather more information about the key places to visit. Dominican men with their dark skin and big cocks are so hot, and I imagine that it's much less of a trouble to hook up with a straight guy.

Edited by lonely_john

3 minutes ago, lonely_john said:

I might probably stop first in the US but my main destination would be the Dominican Republic. I just need to gather more information about the key places to visit. Dominican men with their dark skin and big cocks are so hot, and I imagine that it's much less of a trouble to hook up with a straight guy.

You have a lot of juicy info about the DR in gayguides.

There will be a lot of catching up to do, and the among denizens of this forum are some of the people I want to see again. So, my inclination was to put the USA first, but the reality is I'm likely to be able to travel to a limited number of SE Asian countries first, so a short break in Singapore looks good (if I don't go to NZ first). Although I'll be vaccinated and not overly concerned about the virus itself, the Covid situation is likely to affect the travel experience in many countries for some time, so what my overall preferences are for where to travel could well be upended when travel is again possible.

Edited by mike carey

16 minutes ago, latbear4blk said:

You may be surprised to learn, but Europe and the US are not the entire world.

Indeed, Americans are not permitted to cross one of their land borders even now. (And I can no longer go to New Zealand, at least for the next three days, they have imposed a short quarantine border closure for the whole country.)

12 minutes ago, LookingAround said:

You may be surprised to learn that I know that but they’re the majority of readers and posters here. 

And...? So they are starting to fly.

And I do not believe you know. Your first post shows the same disregard for the rest of the world that you are showing now for the minority of posters who are not from USA/Europe.

Pivoting to original topic -- because of Covid lockdowns I've not seen my mom or my sister for over two years (except for Facetime and Zoom).   My first trip (and in fact first time off from work in over two years) will be to Mesa Arizona to spend a month with mom, and then Virgina for a few weeks with my sister before returning to London.  

I chose American destinations primarily because we are not out of the woods yet, particularly world wide. And with the Delta variant now causing much consternation everywhere, I would rather be a short plane ride away if things got dicey again.

The Americans, British and Israelis were the first to achieve high levels of vaccination and have started moving around faster than the rest of us. Whether this continues to expand is clouded with some uncertainty. 

Here in Canada we are just now starting to emerge from internal movement restrictions and travel abroad is still discouraged. Britain is seeing a rapid increase in Delta variant and may have to reverse course. 

Even Sydney Australia has just gone under lockdown. 

If and when I go it will be a last minute decision. I am not making any bookings yet.

There are so many places that I'd like to visit, but more than likely I'll be visiting my postponed trip to Washington, DC to take in the National Black Museum (...can't remember its official name) and other national gems that I have yet to experience. 

I have visited our nation's capital on 3 prior occasions but desire to revisit.  I also want to reacquaint myself with both Argentina and Brazil, two wonderful pre-Covid destinations that I tremendously loved.  Greece and Thailand are calling out as well.

5 minutes ago, Axiom2001 said:

There are so many places that I'd like to visit, but more than likely I'll be visiting my postponed trip to Washington, DC to take in the National Black Museum (...can't remember its official name) and other national gems that I have yet to experience. 

I have visited our nation's capital on 3 prior occasions but desire to revisit.  I also want to reacquaint myself with both Argentina and Brazil, two wonderful pre-Covid destinations that I tremendously loved.  Greece and Thailand are calling out as well.

there's a new United nonstop from DC to Athens that's only 30K each way coach and easy to get. i think there's like $600 rt fares also. 

23 minutes ago, Axiom2001 said:

@Axiom2001 do you mean this ?  National Museum of African American History and Culture? if yes, it is an amazing space, a number of their exhibits are overwhelming   -- Highly recommended

Edited by keefer
remove double link

"Chris" wants to visit Britain, but it looks like they're going to be sticking to the quarantine on arrival requirement, so we might be going to Switzerland or Spain in the late summer. We've already visited Mexico and the US (going to the Puget Sound/Washington cruise in less than 2 weeks), but the question was where to go after lifting of Covid travel restrictions, and there were never restrictions for Mexico/US, except at the onset. Eventually I'd like to visit Angkor Wat, but will wait until those countries have had the opportunity to vaccinate their people. 

Magnificent Mekong Map

Edited by Unicorn

1 hour ago, Axiom2001 said:

If you stop by DC hit me up! If I remembered well, I have credits for several drinks and meals from you!

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952b437f11293573ba5bc

💖

3 minutes ago, latbear4blk said:

30K each way coach? May I ask what Airline is that?

5db07e9fcc4a0a20dc50d9cb?width=700&forma

United Airlines from IAD. Started June 6. 30K United miles each way usually available and $600 RT's in the fall. 

United also just started non-stops to Dubrovnik out of Newark which are easy to get and cheap.  

1 minute ago, tassojunior said:

United Airlines from IAD. Started June 6. 30K United miles each way usually available and $600 RT's in the fall. 

United also just started non-stops to Dubrovnik out of Newark which are easy to get and cheap.  

Oh! Now I understand! 30K Miles!

I was making a joke because I thought you had a typo in the tickets' price.