No mail in the US tomorrow

This topic is 1032 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

It looks like the law establishing Juneteenth as a federal holiday takes effect immediately, so no mail in the US tomorrow... 😉

Edited by Unicorn

6 hours ago, poolboy48220 said:

our mail service has been so spotty this year I wouldn't notice if I got no mail today.

We've had superb service (mail delivery, etc.) during the past year and a half.  I even left a token of appreciation attached to my post box during the holidays.  Since I pick up my mail whenever I want, it does not matter to me if there is no delivery on Saturday, June 19, 2021.

4 hours ago, Lucky said:

No mail today either!

According to the law, when the 19th falls on a Saturday, the federal holiday will be the prior day. When it falls on a Sunday, the holiday will be the following day. 

Just because the President signs something, doesn’t mean the world pivots on a dime.  For many, closing on such short notice would have been a violation of standing federal regulations. Typical of government to create damned if you do and damned if you don’t scenarios. 

it created a regulatory frenzy in the secondary market for all residential Refinances closed at the end of the week rendering them unsalable in the secondary market because the holiday created an extra day in recission. All because the President didn’t consider the effects of his actions to quickly appease.  But at least he didn’t have any mean tweets. 

Edited by BnaC