Massage table weight capacity

This topic is 1065 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I’m a big guy, about 6’3” and 270 lbs. I usually feel fine on a massage table, but I’ve been on a couple over the years that felt a little rickety and I just couldn’t relax because it felt like the table was going to collapse. Generally though, it’s fine if it’s just me on the table. 

The problem really arises when a provider doesn’t just lean into me, but actually gets up on the table with me. This is especially true if he’s another big guy. The table starts creaking and shifting, and it’s just impossible to ignore, despite the provider telling me that it’s fine. This is why I especially enjoy sessions on a floor mat.

Here’s my question: what is the weight capacity for the average massage table? I’m sure it varies, but is there an average minimum capacity? 

Edited by EastCoastGuy
Typo

The following is a random scale that I found from a Google search:

TABLEKEEPER.COM

A regular massage table can accommodate as much as 350 pounds. Foldable massage tables may not be as durable and may only hold up to 200 pounds. Meanwhile, non-foldable, stable tables are made from solid materials that can take as much as 500 to 800 pounds.  

I think the massage tables rated at 350# can handle more.  For a couple moves I might get on top of the table to work on my clients, even the heavier ones; it creaks, but it's sturdy.  Think of it like ice:  Thick and unbreakable lake ice creaks.

21 hours ago, Rod Hagen said:

I think the massage tables rated at 350# can handle more.  For a couple moves I might get on top of the table to work on my clients, even the heavier ones; it creaks, but it's sturdy.  Think of it like ice:  Thick and unbreakable lake ice creaks.

I'm not sure the analogy holds firm, pun intended. Having had two lakeside cottages on northern Canada, just before spring breakup, when the ice is dangerously thin, it makes all sorts of ominous noises. You don't want to test it at that time.

It’s just not possible to ignore the creaking and relax. I’ve been asking providers not to climb on the table (unfortunately!). I have found some that use a floor mat or futon, which I love, and a couple with stationary tables with a 1,000+ lb. capacity. 

Edited by EastCoastGuy

I did see a table partially collapse at a massage training session I was at one time. An interesting event…12 naked guys on massage tables with 24 semi naked women learning how to give a sensual massage to a guy. I was one of the 12 demo models. The females would rotate around every so often so that they got to practice on different guys. At the start of the evening the guy doing the training was demonstrating a move which meant he had to lean on the table. As he leant over it one of the table legs collapsed, rendering it unusable. I was asked to give up my table so the now table-less volunteer could use mine. As I was a pro masseur and knew the guy running the event I stopped being a practice model (unfortunately) and helped him to train the women in how to massage their man. They did well, 10 of the 11 guys reached climax. 
We discovered later that the collapsed table had a screw missing. Generally I think most tables are sturdy. It’s just that if the person on the table is big then it’s difficult for the masseur to mount the table. 
Sometimes if my client wants to be fucked it’s better if they bend over the table and I can fuck them from behind rather than having to mount the table myself. It’s quite a good position. 

If a table makes sounds when you get on and you fear you'll break it and then have to compensate the provider then as a last resource you can always request the massage on the bed. Less comfortable but it will give you peace of mind, and if the massage includes all the goods you can switch to a more interactive part swiftly as both of you will be already in bed. 🙂

My massage table is a portable massage table and the weight capacity is 450 lbs, but every table is different. There are some that can handle less weight, and some that can handle more.

Edited by Storm4U