What is your favorite use for baking soda?

rvwnsd
This topic is 1168 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Cooking and baking, cleaning up small battery acid damage.

I used to LOVE this use...for various health reasons I haven’t had to use it this way for well over ten years....the burp was SUCH a relief:

The baking soda (sodium bicarbonate) and stomach acid (hydrochloric acid) create a chemical reaction in your stomach. The result of this reaction is carbon dioxide gas, which causes burping. So a burp within three minutes of drinking the baking sodasolution may indicate an adequate level of stomach acid.

Cooking and baking, cleaning up small battery acid damage.

I used to LOVE this use...for various health reasons I haven’t had to use it this way for well over ten years....the burp was SUCH a relief:

The baking soda (sodium bicarbonate) and stomach acid (hydrochloric acid) create a chemical reaction in your stomach. The result of this reaction is carbon dioxide gas, which causes burping. So a burp within three minutes of drinking the baking sodasolution may indicate an adequate level of stomach acid.

Wait! What?

To create a similar reaction, you can add baking soda to a mixture of water and lemon juice. There is like a big volcano eruption with lots of foam, which you swallow very quickly. The burp that follows brings great relief to an upset stomach, indeed.