What is something that you miss from your childhood?

7829V
This topic is 1166 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

There used be a small, and I mean small, kids amusement park near me that had arcade and pinball games I never found anywhere else. Most of the stuff was very old. I was into retro things even as a kid. I miss that place.

Also summers at my family's farm in upstate NY. We played tons of games half of which we invented. Plus the farm was around the corner from the Woodstock site so we get to see all the hippies return year after year before the property was sold.

And definitely summer camp.

How could I have forgotten about pinball machines? That's probably where I learned my hand/eye co-ordination for playing tennis years later.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last time I went it was really sad, so much has changed and not for the better. I miss the giant parking lot out front and taking the tram back to your car after a long day. I never thought it was small until I went to the Magic Kingdom in Florida which to me had zero magic but made you realize how small and intimate Disneyland is.

The biggest disappointment is what they did to tomorrowland. In the late 70's-mid 80's it was so cool and full of life. Now it's just a joke. I miss the old Starcade that was in the Space mountain complex, so many great arcade games in the early 80's!

E1-B3-B6-C6-1-B04-4-DD2-A7-DD-D389-A71-E88-F0.png

My mom helping me dress in the morning. I was maybe 3 or 4 yo. After my older brothers left for school and my father left for work she would help me dress - she chose my clothes and helped me get into them and tied my shoes for me. It was always a relaxed, quiet time.