What is something that you miss from your childhood?

7829V
This topic is 1166 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you live far from them?

Are your siblings grandparents now? You should travel to join them in their homes during holidays.

All the relations that I felt close to--parents and grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins--are deceased. The few surviving cousins that I care about at all live far from me, and our only contacts are through occasional emails.

• getting excited at night to watch cartoons - dragon ball, ghost fighters, sailor moon (secretly)
  • my first few wet dreams, and my early discovery of how great it felt to hump my parents' firm pillow to drain the cum out of me
  • loitering in the mall
  • sneaking out of class to play at the arcade, specifically, Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat 2
  • enjoying my vacation in the very rural areas, walking on bamboo bridges, jumping off waterfalls, sleeping in bamboo huts with no electricity

My parents each had eight siblings. We had a very large backyard with a large barbecue patio across the back. On Sunday's during the summer my dad would put a whole pork loin or ham on the spit and aunts and cousins would bring dozens of side dishes and desserts. The gatherings were loud, happy and tons of fun. Most of these people are long gone and I definitely miss them.

I always looked forward to the Good Humor Ice Cream truck that would go down our street once or twice a week.

Even though we lived in the central part of Los Angeles we were able to play baseball in the street in front of the house.

We also never felt it necessary to lock the house up when we were briefly away or over night.

My parents each had eight siblings. We had a very large backyard with a large barbecue patio across the back. On Sunday's during the summer my dad would put a whole pork loin or ham on the spit and aunts and cousins would bring dozens of side dishes and desserts. The gatherings were loud, happy and tons of fun. Most of these people are long gone and I definitely miss them.

I always looked forward to the Good Humor Ice Cream truck that would go down our street once or twice a week.

Even though we lived in the central part of Los Angeles we were able to play baseball in the street in front of the house.

We also never felt it necessary to lock the house up when we were briefly away or over night.

Yeah. I also miss that. We used to do the same thing back in Mexico with my family. Every Sunday. Year round. Now all that is gone. Several of my cousins live in other areas of Mexico and some relatives have passed away. Those type of reunions is something that is never coming back. :(

• getting excited at night to watch cartoons - dragon ball, ghost fighters, sailor moon (secretly)

Lol yep I was obsessed with Sailor Moon when I was little too. But no one knew outside my family how much I loved the show, I even collected the action figures.

I miss having a sense of direction, a routine, and my decisiveness I once had as a child. I knew exactly what I wanted to be “when I grew up”. Nowadays at times I feel lost and indecisive, not knowing what to do with my life.

- My mom and dad

- Saturday morning cartoons

- Disneyland

- Guys never wearing shirts (it was southern california)

- Home computers (Apple, Atari, Commodore)

- Arcades

my back yard fort where i fucked around with my friend/neighbor. we also fucked around on his waterbed but that was mor difficult because he had like 6 siblings. he is now married with 2 kids they have been married easily 25 years. i think of him all the time. i always wonder if he ever thinks of me and back to that time.

Edited by jeepo1

In many cases it probably wasn't as simple as we thought--it just seemed simple to us, because it was what we were familiar with.

As an adult looking back, I see it for what it was...horrible. But it was what I knew ;)

In many cases it probably wasn't as simple as we thought--it just seemed simple to us, because it was what we were familiar with.

As an adult looking back, I see it for what it was...horrible. But it was what I knew ;)

The candy counter at Sears. You would walk in and smell the fresh pop corn and roasted nuts. Under the yellow orange display case lights on one side were every sort/ variety of nuts. On the othe side were all of the different types of candy. They would weight your purchase on a white mechanical scale with a stainless steel cone shaped tray, then and pour the contents in a white colored paper bag with the price written in pencil. We would get a small bag of the multi-colored jelly "Swedish fish" candy that was distributed amount my siblings as we were told they were very expensive.

There's a place in Philly called Shane's Confectionery that still weighs their candy that way. It's a cool place as is the old-fashioned soda fountain a couple of doors down.

The candy counter at Sears. You would walk in and smell the fresh pop corn and roasted nuts. Under the yellow orange display case lights on one side were every sort/ variety of nuts. On the othe side were all of the different types of candy. They would weight your purchase on a white mechanical scale with a stainless steel cone shaped tray, then and pour the contents in a white colored paper bag with the price written in pencil. We would get a small bag of the multi-colored jelly "Swedish fish" candy that was distributed amount my siblings as we were told they were very expensive.

There's a place in Philly called Shane's Confectionery that still weighs their candy that way. It's a cool place as is the old-fashioned soda fountain a couple of doors down.

There used be a small, and I mean small, kids amusement park near me that had arcade and pinball games I never found anywhere else. Most of the stuff was very old. I was into retro things even as a kid. I miss that place.

Also summers at my family's farm in upstate NY. We played tons of games half of which we invented. Plus the farm was around the corner from the Woodstock site so we get to see all the hippies return year after year before the property was sold.

And definitely summer camp.

There used be a small, and I mean small, kids amusement park near me that had arcade and pinball games I never found anywhere else. Most of the stuff was very old. I was into retro things even as a kid. I miss that place.

Also summers at my family's farm in upstate NY. We played tons of games half of which we invented. Plus the farm was around the corner from the Woodstock site so we get to see all the hippies return year after year before the property was sold.

And definitely summer camp.

Going to Disneyland with my family and feeling the magic and perceiving the park as being HUGE!

I still enjoy going every now and then, but the magic is gone and the park is not that big as I thought when I was a kid.

Last time I went it was really sad, so much has changed and not for the better. I miss the giant parking lot out front and taking the tram back to your car after a long day. I never thought it was small until I went to the Magic Kingdom in Florida which to me had zero magic but made you realize how small and intimate Disneyland is.

The biggest disappointment is what they did to tomorrowland. In the late 70's-mid 80's it was so cool and full of life. Now it's just a joke. I miss the old Starcade that was in the Space mountain complex, so many great arcade games in the early 80's!