TOP TEN PLACES to TRAVEL DURING COVID-19

Axiom2001
This topic is 1309 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Earlier today when I began to peruse and view what was on my Facebook page, the following post appeared.

https://www.traveloffpath.com/top-10-travel-destinations-during-covid-19/?fbclid=lwAR2Q4KvwfBUamrbNp4FVdcLO1Hc

...thought those of you who still have a current itch to travel would be interested.

Edited by Axiom2001

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Earlier today when I began to peruse and view what was on my Facebook page, the following post appeared.

https://www.traveloffpath.com/top-10-travel-destinations-during-covid-19/?fbclid=lwAR2Q4KvwfBUamrbNp4FVdcLO1Hc

...thought those of you who still have a current itch to travel would be interested.

The real question is where are Americans allowed?

width=969pxhttps://voluum.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/2020/03/Webp.net-resizeimage-1.png[/img]

I don't understand the required proof of a negative Covid19 test - 3, 7, 10 days prior to arrival. Even if you were tested & got the result back immediately before heading off to the airport, you could easily get infected at your departure airport, in the confined quarters of the plane, and at the arrival airport. 10 days prior means you could have contracted the virus in dozens of different ways. It sounds like the requirement is more so that public officials can boast about taking measures than actually taking effective measures.

I don't understand the required proof of a negative Covid19 test - 3, 7, 10 days prior to arrival. Even if you were tested & got the result back immediately before heading off to the airport, you could easily get infected at your departure airport, in the confined quarters of the plane, and at the arrival airport. 10 days prior means you could have contracted the virus in dozens of different ways. It sounds like the requirement is more so that public officials can boast about taking measures than actually taking effective measures.

I see where you come from but the measure at least allows authorities to stop positive cases from traveling.

I see where you come from but the measure at least allows authorities to stop positive cases from traveling.

Then a more effective measure would be to require incoming travelers to take a test upon arrival at the airport. Positive tests get quarantined, but negative tests are given free access. Sure, travelers might get infected while traveling within the country, but at least public health officials are preventing the Covid19-infected from bringing it in. A negative test 10 days prior to arrival? Pffft, that's not worth the paper it's printed on.

Then a more effective measure would be to require incoming travelers to take a test upon arrival at the airport. Positive tests get quarantined, but negative tests are given free access. Sure, travelers might get infected while traveling within the country, but at least public health officials are preventing the Covid19-infected from bringing it in. A negative test 10 days prior to arrival? Pffft, that's not worth the paper it's printed on.

Not more effective because it means that if you are unknowingly positive and traveled, you infected a lot of people on the airplane and the destination airport. Consider that not all countries have the resources to buy thousands of quick tests on top of those they have to purchase for their own population. It also makes more economic sense to know you are positive and delay/rebook your trip than getting there, discover you are positive, and then having to spend 15 days locked down in a hotel. That would be especially frustrating if you only booked 10 to 15 days of vacation.

The real question is where are Americans allowed?

width=969pxhttps://voluum.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/2020/03/Webp.net-resizeimage-1.png[/img]

Absolutely! It matters little where you would like to go if you're not allowed in and even so if you need to quarantine for 14 days once there! ?⚕?

Edited by Danny-Darko

Not more effective because it means that if you are unknowingly positive and traveled, you infected a lot of people on the airplane and the destination airport. Consider that not all countries have the resources to buy thousands of quick tests on top of those they have to purchase for their own population. It also makes more economic sense to know you are positive and delay/rebook your trip than getting there, discover you are positive, and then having to spend 15 days locked down in a hotel. That would be especially frustrating if you only booked 10 to 15 days of vacation.

Oops, I forgot about the length of quarantine. Yeah, a 14-day quarantine when you scheduled just a 1-week vacation would, um, suck.

Still, come on, a negative test 10 whole days prior to departure? That's all for show because you could have caught the virus umpteen different ways prior to getting to your departure airport.

By the way, have you heard the Sam Querrey story? Professional tennis player Sam Querrey tested positive for Covid19 prior to his first round in tye St. Petersbirg Open. Locked up in his hotel room, he refused entry to Russian health officials the first time they knocked. By the second time they came to his door, Querrey, his wife, and 8-month old son had fled Russia on a private jet to an "undisclosed location" somewhere in Europe. Apparently Querrey feared a forced 14-day quarantine during which time he & his wife would be separated from their young son.

Ooh, he is in BIG trouble.

By the way, have you heard the Sam Querrey story?

That's unbelievably irresponsible not only for him but because he also got his family involved.

I suppose that his case is special in many ways.

I would never travel to Russia and I would be also wary of being in lockdown in a country that kills its own doctors.

Russia used to be in my bucket list years ago but when I learned about all the human rights violations, hell no.

Edited by orville

By the way, have you heard the Sam Querrey story? Professional tennis player Sam Querrey tested positive for Covid19 prior to his first round in tye St. Petersbirg Open. Locked up in his hotel room, he refused entry to Russian health officials the first time they knocked. By the second time they came to his door, Querrey, his wife, and 8-month old son had fled Russia on a private jet to an "undisclosed location" somewhere in Europe. Apparently Querrey feared a forced 14-day quarantine during which time he & his wife would be separated from their young son.

I would have done the same thing were I in his place. The Russians have been very opaque concerning the pandemic in their country. I wouldn’t trust a thing their president says about it.

BTW, I have no special sympathy for this or any other elite athlete who chooses to compete in tournaments in high risk countries like Russia during this pandemic. Here in Canada, where we have had lower rates of infection, college and high school athletes are being denied the opportunity to play the sports they love. They I have sympathy for, not the guys making millions$.

Querrey was apparently more worried about himself or his wife becoming ill and having to go to a hospital in Russia for COVID treatment, but panicking and fleeing the country in the way that he did was unwise. He will almost certainly be suspended from the ATP tour, because he has jeopardized the system for everyone now. It was foolish to take his wife and infant son with him to St. Petersburg in the first place. As long as COVID protocols for tournaments are an issue, he will probably be denied entry to any tournament by the hosts, even if he is not suspended by the ATP.

Querrey was apparently more worried about himself or his wife becoming ill and having to go to a hospital in Russia for COVID treatment, but panicking and fleeing the country in the way that he did was unwise. He will almost certainly be suspended from the ATP tour, because he has jeopardized the system for everyone now. It was foolish to take his wife and infant son with him to St. Petersburg in the first place. As long as COVID protocols for tournaments are an issue, he will probably be denied entry to any tournament by the hosts, even if he is not suspended by the ATP.

Like many others I have visited St Petersburg, not the best place to get sick.

For some silly reason, I kind of feel the same about Milan.

1. ....
  2. Jack In The Box
  3. Senior Center

I used to love this song as a child....

Sorry it came out funny

Edited by Guy Fawkes

But I'm going to Puerto Vallarta in 2 weeks, and taking a tour of Mexican colonial cities with my Mexican medical student friend after Thanksgiving.

I really like the Croatian island of Hvar, but the nearest major airport is Split so changing planes twice is probably inevitable

Something told me I shouldn’t go far

But I got a free ticket to Hvar

On the ferry from Split

I remembered the bit

That wherever you go there you are . http://www.boytoy.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif

split-to-hvar-tin-ujevic_3-1-1024x768.jpg