This may be stupid question, but....

CuriousByNature
This topic is 1328 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

What exactly is a 'power bottom', and what distinguishes one from a regular bottom, if there is such a thing?

From Urban Dictionary: While a bottom is usually submissive to his partner, a power bottom enjoys maintaining control over the top and/or the penetration, the normally dominant role in gay male sex. Power bottoms supposedly have skilled tongues. They give the best blow jobs. ;)

giphy.gif

What exactly is a 'power bottom', and what distinguishes one from a regular bottom, if there is such a thing?

My understanding of a power bottom is that he is the one initiating the action, he is the “active” partner in the anal sex. By contrast, the regular bottom is receiving the action.

I consider a power bottom to be one who is fully involved in directing the action, if we are talking about anal., but could apply to oral as well as other activities. He is not content in just bending over or lying inert on the bed as the top has his way. He is inclined to suggest positions, request a change of positions to vary it up, suggest pacing, request kissing or other forms of body contact, try to set the length of time (although the top has a lot to say about when or if he will climax) and generally help guide the entire session. Needless to say a power bottom is usually quite vocal in expressing his desires and feelings during the encounter. Could you guess I count myself as one??

I'm a natural dominate top and have been with many power bottoms. Trust me you'll know when you find one it's like a rollercoaster and you're hanging on for dear life. And if you get dominate with them and rough they get totally into it and beg for more.

It's awesome. And for the record Seamus O'Rilley is a power bottom!

Although this comment might seem like a contradiction the reality is that a power bottom if fully capable of raping a top -- he is in control.

I had one sex buddy who was a power bottom and the first time we played I was caught off guard and felt like I was being raped. And when I came, he did not stop!

After social distancing is conquered, you owe it to yourself to experience an active/power bottom. It will make you the power top you never realized you are. ;)

Lol... though I have zero interest in topping anyone, assuming I ever do get together with someone. I think I would be an enthusiastic participant, so maybe that is the same thing as 'power'. Though I doubt I'll ever find out!

I think of a power bottom as a guy who can take a mean fuck for an extended amount of time.

This is my definition as well. Someone who can take a huge dick for a long time and enjoy (or at least make a show of enjoying) every second.

I consider a power bottom to be one who is fully involved in directing the action, if we are talking about anal., but could apply to oral as well as other activities. He is not content in just bending over or lying inert on the bed as the top has his way. He is inclined to suggest positions, request a change of positions to vary it up, suggest pacing, request kissing or other forms of body contact, try to set the length of time (although the top has a lot to say about when or if he will climax) and generally help guide the entire session. Needless to say a power bottom is usually quite vocal in expressing his desires and feelings during the encounter. Could you guess I count myself as one??

I tend to think of this as a bossy bottom. I used to equate bossy bottom to power bottom, but recently had an experience with a bossy bottom that was a little... dainty about getting fucked. Very specific in how he wanted to receive, to the detriment of the fun of the act.

I enjoy being a submissive guy when not pressed one way or the other - I mean it can be pretty hot to essentially be a fuck stick for another guy's enjoyment - but when there's too many interruptions, it's going to be a boner-kill and I'd rather they just take over and ride me or whatever.

I think of a power bottom as a guy who can take a mean fuck for an extended amount of time.

Yes, stamina is an element.

Also I view a power bottom as one who is really physical/active while bottoming:

• pushes back/forth aggressively on me during doggy style
  • lifts hips up at me during missionary
  • bounces up and down on me while riding
  • basically a bottom who fucks ME, the top

Mind you personally I’m not *always* wanting that, but sometimes ?