The Bathhouse in Williamsburg

x.adam123

Interesting that they have working dry saunas, although they only allow “one party at a time”. Overall facilities seem to be pretty restricted in terms of how many people are allowed in certain places (which makes sense). Seems like at this point it’s better for someone who wants to go with a partner or small group of friends than to meet someone.

Also it would be better if they had same-gender hours. Most of the Yelp reviews are by women.

• 5 months later...

I assume the OP is asking about the little-known bathhouse/sauna in Virginia. Those of you who have been there, please chime in. I thought it was charming to be met at the door by a hot-looking man (much like Dario Owen, the subject of another thread here) in period costume. I paid my admission in pounds and pence and was buzzed in (I thought the buzz seemed out of character for the obvious period experience they were seeking to recreate). Nevertheless, I proceeded down the stairs where I disrobed in a room that could best be likened to a root cellar with an earthen floor and a few stray rutabagas over in the corner. Then another hot looking attendant, this one looking like Casey Donovan (another thread, see above), showed me around the place. Guys, you gotta check it out! They have really gone to some effort to make the historical aspect of the bath really accurate. They have cute attendants who rub you down with floral-scented lye soap and then hose you off, pour oil on your body (always a good preparation for some activities), rubbing it in, being careful not to miss any spots. Then they take you to what appears to be an early colonial-style orgy room filled with rustic benches of different heights and thicknesses. We all benefitted by the romantic candlelight that the wall sconces gave off. There was a fireplace over at the far wall throwing off heat that was most welcome, it being a chilly late fall evening. There was plenty of rope lying around for the bondage crew to feel at home and there was a well-used whipping post with a few free flogs lying about for the customers. Numerous tubs of lard were discreetly placed throughout the room enabling those who wished to engage in penetrative sex with ease and minimal discomfort (if any) to do so. Breaking with the historical motive, there were several hand-woven baskets filled with condoms of various brands and sizes because while we were all there to soak up the history, we didn't check our brains at the door. Ah, but what of the men I imagine you are thinking (I know I sure would be wondering about that by now). Well, it was a slow night when I was there. I saw that some evenings they have promotional rates to bring in the young crowd and Sunday night is Bear Night. Monday was Bring a Buddy. I was most intrigued by the Saturday Witch-Burning promotion, but alas it was Thursday - a nothing night if ever there was one. I left the orgy room and wandered down the candle-lit hallway and through the place. I lucked out and managed to connect with a young-ish guy from Jamestown and we managed to get into a fairly historic kind of role-play thing. But I shan't kiss and tell. Anyway, check it out next time you get to Williamsburg. It's the kind of place that Benjamin Nicholas might write about - I'm sure he'd have a better time than I did.

I assume the OP is asking about the little-known bathhouse/sauna in Virginia. Those of you who have been there, please chime in. I thought it was charming to be met at the door by a hot-looking man (much like Dario Owen, the subject of another thread here) in period costume. I paid my admission in pounds and pence and was buzzed in (I thought the buzz seemed out of character for the obvious period experience they were seeking to recreate). Nevertheless, I proceeded down the stairs where I disrobed in a room that could best be likened to a root cellar with an earthen floor and a few stray rutabagas over in the corner. Then another hot looking attendant, this one looking like Casey Donovan (another thread, see above), showed me around the place. Guys, you gotta check it out! They have really gone to some effort to make the historical aspect of the bath really accurate. They have cute attendants who rub you down with floral-scented lye soap and then hose you off, pour oil on your body (always a good preparation for some activities), rubbing it in, being careful not to miss any spots. Then they take you to what appears to be an early colonial-style orgy room filled with rustic benches of different heights and thicknesses. We all benefitted by the romantic candlelight that the wall sconces gave off. There was a fireplace over at the far wall throwing off heat that was most welcome, it being a chilly late fall evening. There was plenty of rope lying around for the bondage crew to feel at home and there was a well-used whipping post with a few free flogs lying about for the customers. Numerous tubs of lard were discreetly placed throughout the room enabling those who wished to engage in penetrative sex with ease and minimal discomfort (if any) to do so. Breaking with the historical motive, there were several hand-woven baskets filled with condoms of various brands and sizes because while we were all there to soak up the history, we didn't check our brains at the door. Ah, but what of the men I imagine you are thinking (I know I sure would be wondering about that by now). Well, it was a slow night when I was there. I saw that some evenings they have promotional rates to bring in the young crowd and Sunday night is Bear Night. Monday was Bring a Buddy. I was most intrigued by the Saturday Witch-Burning promotion, but alas it was Thursday - a nothing night if ever there was one. I left the orgy room and wandered down the candle-lit hallway and through the place. I lucked out and managed to connect with a young-ish guy from Jamestown and we managed to get into a fairly historic kind of role-play thing. But I shan't kiss and tell. Anyway, check it out next time you get to Williamsburg. It's the kind of place that Benjamin Nicholas might write about - I'm sure he'd have a better time than I did.

It's a shame that they didn't use historically accurate condoms made of animal intestines.

The OP was asking about a sauna/spa in Williamsburg, Brooklyn, NY but yours in Williamsburg, VA sounds a lot more exciting!

It's a shame that they didn't use historically accurate condoms made of animal intestines.

Back in the day I belonged to the Boy Scouts, we learned:

In days of old, when knights were bold, before rubbers were invented,

Men wrapped their cocks in woolen socks, thus babies were prevented!

Great review @Phil_musc can you put a link to that bath house? Thanks.

I would, Harry, but I'm afraid you would be too much competition for me if by some fluke we showed up at the same time. When I go, I don't want anybody hogging all the hot guys as I suspect you, with your incorrigible libido and smoldering good looks, would do.

My first post and I can be vaguely helpful! So I was here less than a week ago and by here, I mean their covid outdoor sidewalk restaurant eating with a friend. When you need to use the bathroom, you go inside to the 'bathhouse'. I walked around a little and it looked nice. It is probably not going to turn into some hotspot. I bumped into some hot dude who would have been totally my type except he was inside and not wearing a mask. I don't blame the place itself, I'm assuming staff would have asked him to mask up one they noticed because they were diligent outside. I peed and went back to my outdoor table rapidly.

'Bathhouse' is more of a name for a place than a place that deserves the name for what you can get up to inside. You could probably make something happen there but it's not Bathhouse's raison d'être. Wonderful food, overpriced wine, maskless bro inside, nice facilities, possibility of prearranging something but not stumbling upon a hot situation. Four stars on yelp except I hate yelp.

• 1 year later...

Ok, let’s get back on track pls.  Has anyone gone to the Williamsburg, brooklyn NY recently ( circa 04/05/22 -only proof of vaccination required)?   If so, is there anything to report in reference to queries most commonly requested for this forum? 

thank you kindly,

tits 

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

From the website: 

WWW.ABATHHOUSE.COM

First time at Bathhouse? There are a few simple things to know to have the best experience possible. Here's what...

° WHAT SHOULD I WEAR DURING A HAMMAM SCRUB?
For Hammam Scrubs, you will wear your bathing suit. A two-piece suit is recommended for a Hammam Scrub so we can exfoliate the entire body.

° WHAT SHOULD I WEAR DURING A MASSAGE?
For Massages, you may undress to your level of comfort. Our Licensed Massage Therapists are trained in draping and modesty to ensure you are comfortable during your treatment.