How to keep healthy with too much sex?

Mydavid
This topic is 1356 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

During this pandemic, it is annoying to have little to do. While staying at home, my boyfriend and I have had too much sex, once every day or more(1 or 2 times a week before). We are both in 50s, not strong, and we do feel a liitle change on our bodies, such as urinary frequency. The pandemic situation is getting better, but we seem to get addicted and cannot control our sex desire. What should we do? Is there a way to keep healthy with too much sex(food, medicine, excercise)?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

During this pandemic, it is annoying to have little to do. While staying at home, my boyfriend and I have had too much sex, once every day or more(1 or 2 times a week before). We are both in 50s, not strong, and we do feel a liitle change on our bodies, such as urinary frequency. The pandemic situation is getting better, but we seem to get addicted and cannot control our sex desire. What should we do? Is there a way to keep healthy with too much sex(food, medicine, excercise)?

Doesn't sound excessive. Enjoy it. How much mental time is it taking up? Maybe that could be more of an issue?

Have you considered setting up a daily schedule of things to do? Include sex every other day but make it a special event instead of a routine way to distract yourself. Include candle light dinner and other foreplay before the main event.

6062601_0.jpg

In normal circumstances, a little change in punctuation would answer the question in your title:

How to keep healthy? With too much sex.

Some of your statements are conflicting though:

" ... have had too much sex, once every day or more ... We are both in 50s, not strong ... we seem to get addicted and cannot control our sex desire"

If having so much sex is extenuating shouldn't you both be too tired to feel aroused again?

Unless you are still in the honeymoon phase, is there "something" keeping you both mentally and physically aroused all the time?

What should we do?

If everything in your environment is ok, I think you should feel grateful for not wanting to kill each other by now.

Haven't you heard the news about the spike in divorce rates since the lockdown?

Is there a way to keep healthy with too much sex(food, medicine, excercise)?

If you feel that continuous sex is having a negative impact on your health then take a look at your daily habits and make some adjustments.

Otherwise, it could be that both of you are having a COVID-driven sex drive spike and there are plenty of resources on the internet about food, medicine, and exercise.

@Mydavid Is sex the only change in your life since the start of the pandemic?

A friend was telling me he's getting up during the night to urinate since the pandemic started rather than sleeping through the night. It took him a couple of weeks to realize that when working at home, he always had a beverage with him; whereas when he was working in the office he only had a beverage at lunch.

@Mydavid Is sex the only change in your life since the start of the pandemic?

A friend was telling me he's getting up during the night to urinate since the pandemic started rather than sleeping through the night. It took him a couple of weeks to realize that when working at home, he always had a beverage with him; whereas when he was working in the office he only had a beverage at lunch.

I wish it was my case too, but you know, I urinate less volume but more frequently.

If having so much sex is extenuating shouldn't you both be too tired to feel aroused again?

We do feel tired, we get up later than before, but you know, we have much more free time than before, it is not easy to resist the temptation when lying in bed together.

We do enjoy it, but even eating too much is harmful to health, so we are worried.

I cannot think of a reason for prostate enlargement (hyperplasia) suddenly precipitated by pandemic adjustment, but it is customary in one’s fifties to have a GP or urology check up including digital rectal exam and blood test for prostate specific antigen level. Prostate changes are often implicated in changes in urination if fluid intake has been otherwise consistent. Even if PSA is in the normal range at least you have on record your own specific baseline reading for future reference.

I am not picking up a genuine vibe of objectively compulsive hypersexuality. We may see an uptick in procreation evidence in the pandemic context.

Orgasm frequency is an arbitrary marker of sexual pursuit that I do not put total stock in, and is but one component of the sexual response cycle, but about how many orgasms are occurring on a weekly basis? 15 on average is an outlier but not indicative of ‘pathology’; there is no objective threshold of compulsivity in this regard. Once per day on average is within two standard deviations around the statistical mean for young male adults, but a lot of research does not differentiate between intercourse and other ways of achieving sexual orgasm.

I am pushing age 70 and am a once per day ejaculator, non-normative for my age group but a lifetime frequency pattern. I am not going to second guess the appropriateness of something I value and enjoy. I also reject much of the substance addiction theoretical model as some attempt its application to human sexuality.

On a positive note, no sign of testosterone deficiency that tends to downregulate desire.

Frequency of ejaculation is not associated either direction with risk of prostate cancer. I know of no physical or medical liability resulting from frequent orgasm or total aggregate duration of erection. Desire may interfere practically with other activities but otherwise is not inherently medically damaging.

Edited by SirBIllybob

I wish it was my case too, but you know, I urinate less volume but more frequently.

Have yourself checked for

Benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH)

Usually a sign for that is increased urination and a weaker stream. I have it but only found out through exams, etc. My urination is fine and my PSA is 0.3 (I am on a medication to shrink the BPH which is working and cuts that PSA number in half, so really 0.6).

Have yourself checked for

Benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH)

Usually a sign for that is increased urination and a weaker stream. I have it but only found out through exams, etc. My urination is fine and my PSA is 0.3 (I am on a medication to shrink the BPH which is working and cuts that PSA number in half, so really 0.6).

We went to our family doctor and she asked us to take a blood test. She told us everything was fine so far.

My urologist is hyper vigilant about my elevated PSA readings and intermittent BPH. I recently had my 2nd MRI of prostate and bladder in 3 years, both negative at 90% accuracy, and will do something called 4K serology, very expensive, that triangulates 4 blood tests for 4 biological separate markers along with age as an apparent predictor of cancer. I know he essentially wants to get in there to do the dreaded biopsy. The tally is now into the $thousands out of pocket. Universal free health care in Canada is a rumour. One is more likely to get coverage for medical problems that occur due to poor lifestyle choices around diet and substance consumption. My prostate and PrEP are my only needs. I pay hundreds of dollars for about one month’s worth of PreP annually.

Edited by SirBIllybob

My urologist is hyper vigilant about my elevated PSA readings and intermittent BPH. I recently had my 2nd MRI of prostate and bladder in 3 years, both negative at 90% accuracy, and will do something called 4K serology, very expensive, that triangulates 4 blood tests for 4 biological separate markers along with age as an apparent predictor of cancer. I know he essentially wants to get in there to do the dreaded biopsy. The tally is now into the $thousands out of pocket. Universal free health care in Canada is a rumour. One is more likely to get coverage for medical problems that occur due to poor lifestyle choices around diet and substance consumption. My prostate and PrEP are my only needs. I pay hundreds of dollars for about one month’s worth of PreP annually.

I am a Canadian and was diagnosed with prostate cancer 14 years ago following a biopsy which found cancerous tumours in my prostate. I had had no symptoms and only started the process of testing after my oldest brother had been diagnosed. I was the second And youngest sibling to get a positive biopsy test and then my second older brother the next year after me. Our father had had it and it does run in families, trust me. So I didn’t hesitate and had a prostectomy which removed the prostate. No regrets here as I have been cancer free since then, after annual testing for ten years (more frequently in the first 3 years and then stepped down). My second brother has had less luck as he ignored the symptoms he was experiencing before my diagnosis and had his operation a year after mine. In his case the cancer had pierced the walls of the prostate and while the doctors tried to remove the surrounding tissue, he refused followup radiation therapy. That was a poor decision as the cancer came back after 8 years and now he has had radiation and hormone therapy. He’s suffered complications with the hormone therapy and had to discontinue it. But this will have consequences in the longer term, however long that is. You made a comment of the Canadian healthcare system which, in our experience, has been wonderful. Not a single penny did I have to pay, nor my brother. My oldest brother was extremely fortunate as his cancer was almost benign, and has not progressed at all with just annual monitoring. Just like my father.

I am a Canadian and was diagnosed with prostate cancer 14 years ago following a biopsy which found cancerous tumours in my prostate. I had had no symptoms and only started the process of testing after my oldest brother had been diagnosed. I was the second And youngest sibling to get a positive biopsy test and then my second older brother the next year after me. Our father had had it and it does run in families, trust me. So I didn’t hesitate and had a prostectomy which removed the prostate. No regrets here as I have been cancer free since then, after annual testing for ten years (more frequently in the first 3 years and then stepped down). My second brother has had less luck as he ignored the symptoms he was experiencing before my diagnosis and had his operation a year after mine. In his case the cancer had pierced the walls of the prostate and while the doctors tried to remove the surrounding tissue, he refused followup radiation therapy. That was a poor decision as the cancer came back after 8 years and now he has had radiation and hormone therapy. He’s suffered complications with the hormone therapy and had to discontinue it. But this will have consequences in the longer term, however long that is. You made a comment of the Canadian healthcare system which, in our experience, has been wonderful. Not a single penny did I have to pay, nor my brother. My oldest brother was extremely fortunate as his cancer was almost benign, and has not progressed at all with just annual monitoring. Just like my father.

Every reason to not be dismissive. My father died quite old of metastasized prostate cancer but was a lifetime smoker, an independent risk factor. There are options evolving other than radical prostatectomy, such as imagery-guided focal laser ablation. Quebec has poor health coverage compared to my time in Ontario ... apples, oranges. I will not have my prostate removed if I can avoid it and will pony up a great deal of cash for other viable and reasonably proven options if needed. Quebec is no model for advanced standards of care. It is not uncommon for one’s pelvic nerve plexus to be traumatized and yield irreversible genital dysfunction. The impediment to access to out of province-or country services of greatest concern to me now is the pandemic.

Edited by SirBIllybob