2020 Census

John Doe II
This topic is 1368 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

So I'm working the census this year. If a hot guy answers the door and you suspect he's gay (or bi), what would you do?

If it's Derek Atlas's door, I would ask him if I could eat his ass and fuck him. Otherwise, I would complete the Census forum, as I am on work time and getting paid by the taxpayer to complete my work.

I'm not from the USA. What's the census?

Different countries keep track of demographics in different ways. The USA does a once every ten year census. Canada does a once every five year census. In Denmark, for example, the last census was done in 1981, because they keep a more real time tabulation of statistics through the use of public registers, rather than a point-in-time snapshot like the USA census. A number of European countries, Germany for example, have opted for real time tabulations rather than a census.

Edited by RealAvalon

In Australia, like Canada, a census is conducted every five years (years ending in 1 and 6) by the Australian Bureau of Statistics. It is used as a baseline for population statistics, not as the final word. The ABS updates the official figures using surveys and samples between censuses. The conduct of the census is moving online (with a spectacular crash of the system on the night of the 2016 census). It is a snapshot of one night, and you complete it for the address where you spend that night regardless of whether that's your usual residence.

An example of where the use of our census differs from the US is on redistricting. Whereas the in the US this happens every 10 years after censuses, here, the electoral commission uses the most recent quarterly population figures one year into the life of each parliament so the snapshot provided by the census doesn't have the political salience it does in the US. 2016 is the only time it became in anyway political, and that was because of the computer stuff-up not for the content. Even potentially controversial things like including questions on same sex relationships, and moving 'no religion' box to the top of the list of religious affiliations rather than the bottom attracted almost no political comment.

• 3 weeks later...

A census worker rang my doorbell today. He wanted to know about my next door neighbor. I've only lived here a year, and I couldn't help him. They're home much of the time, but not when he comes by.