Working Stiff - My Semi Retirement

VictorPowers
This topic is 1159 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I suppose here is a good platform to announce my Semi Retirement as I entered a new career in May. I’m working a 9-5 and boy has it been an adjustment. I’m happy to start the career I dreamed of in an industry I’m passionate about - Wealth Management. I’m upset at the Pandemic for forcing this move upon me sooner than I had planned, but the universe set this upon us all. I love and appreciate my connections and travels. I hope to still travel on a weekend basis and keep in contact with many of you. Overall I must say thank you for everything and it’s been a fun ride. I hope you’re all well and healthy. I’ll always love this chapter in my life. Take care.

I suppose here is a good platform to announce my Semi Retirement as I entered a new career in May. I’m working a 9-5 and boy has it been an adjustment. I’m happy to start the career I dreamed of in an industry I’m passionate about - Wealth Management. I’m upset at the Pandemic for forcing this move upon me sooner than I had planned, but the universe set this upon us all. I love and appreciate my connections and travels. I hope to still travel on a weekend basis and keep in contact with many of you. Overall I must say thank you for everything and it’s been a fun ride. I hope you’re all well and healthy. I’ll always love this chapter in my life. Take care.

Your headline ... working stiff. I bet your co-workers are ... working stiff :)

Keep up the sprinting, and stay safe on your bike. Good luck with the career shift.

I'm so happy for you, Victor. Seems it's been good while it lasted and that you were going to move this way eventually, but it's sad that your timing has been forced by the pandemic. But that happens, and you were in a position to make the move now, so that's a positive. Good luck in your new adventure. I hope our on-line paths continue to cross, and that we even have a chance to meet for a drink or a meal when this is all over.

Are you driving the Gremlin to work?

• 2 months later...

VP, you have been a breath of fresh air in this hobby; top 1% of experiences. Always the consummate professional. Your innate intelligence, positive attitude, work ethic, and client focus will serve you well whatever you do. Best of luck to you my friend, you are a class act ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Just stumbled upon this. My happiness for you outweighs how much I will miss seeing you. You are an amazing man with such a gentle heart. I wish you nothing but joy and success in whatever life throws at you.

• 5 months later...

I’ll bump this to update. Since this post in June 2020, I actually Fully Retired, not “Semi”. Thank you to everyone. I have appreciated the great hospitality and warm welcomes from many of you across the country. I am happy, healthy, and prospering in my present career. I hope you all are safe and surviving this damn Pandemic. Cheers to the fun you will have, the men you will see, and the enjoyment that is this hobby! My name is Victor Powers, and I approve this message. ?

I’ll bump this to update. Since this post in June 2020, I actually Fully Retired, not “Semi”. Thank you to everyone. I have appreciated the great hospitality and warm welcomes from many of you across the country. I am happy, healthy, and prospering in my present career. I hope you all are safe and surviving this damn Pandemic. Cheers to the fun you will have, the men you will see, and the enjoyment that is this hobby! My name is Victor Powers, and I approve this message. ?

I’ll vote for you any time! ?

Good luck, Victor. This is an exciting new phase of your life!

Godspeed to you VP! It was a pleasure meeting you and I wish you nothing but the best ;)