How do you make use of RM’s Buddylist feature?

JustScott

Fairly new to the forum and been lurking for a while, but it seems like many of us are doing a fair amount of “window shopping” on RM and my own searches got me curious: how do you make use of the Buddylist feature in RM? For “save for later”? For keeping up with guys who travel a lot? For past experiences? Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Edited by JustScott

For “save for later”? For keeping up with guys who travel a lot?

Guys I think I might want to hire at some stage, that was why I started doing it. The benefits to me have been that I can see their recent activity (pics, travel, 'available now'), and unanticipated benefits, if they change their handle you keep track of them, and if they reopen their account after having closed it, they reappear in your buddies list.

Guys I think I might want to hire at some stage, that was why I started doing it. The benefits to me have been that I can see their recent activity (pics, travel, 'available now'), and unanticipated benefits, if they change their handle you keep track of them, and if they reopen their account after having closed it, they reappear in your buddies list.

My list is a mix of past successes, future aspirations, and eye candy.

Similar reasons for me too :)

Same as everyone here. Guys that I've seen, or guys I'm hoping will visit Detroit; easy way to check on them, especially if they change their name. And like others, I've noticed a few who disappeared when their ads expire, then showed up again later when they renewed them.

It won't let me past needing to actually sign up and pay for the service.

I have tried TunnelBear, but it does not reveal any written review comments.

Using Safari browser on a MacBook Pro.

Try a different browser like Chrome.

Not sure how to install Google Chrome for Mac? It's all very simple, but you'll need to use a different web browser (like Safari) to download Chrome for Mac first: Open Safari (or other web browser) then navigate to google.com/chrome. Hit Download Chrome for Mac.

Of the current 18 buddies that I have listed, I've previously seen five of them. The others are possibilities once some semblance of normalcy comes back to the world.

During these times- it's a way for me to measure/check to see if the man is still working, or has he frozen his account until a future date.

It won't let me past needing to actually sign up and pay for the service.

I have tried TunnelBear, but it does not reveal any written review comments.

Using Safari browser on a MacBook Pro.

It works for me on Safari for iPhone. Just paste the URL of the reviews page into the field that says “Enter web address.” It May look a little wonky and not look all that visually appealing but it gets you the comments.

C34559-F5-763-C-4-C60-B8-C8-9-E20426-D3749.png

The other thing I like about the Buddy List is that it shows who is currently logged on the site, I use it to send mail/messages back and forth to known guys. Of course, that’s probably moot now that RM Messenger is live.

• 1 year later...

I'm the same as folks listed here.   Helps a lot when I plan to travel to see what guys I've previously "liked" are now in that city.   Sometimes it lets me organize my buddy list by city and other times it does not.   I've written the administrators to see if I was doing anything that made that feature go away from time to time.   No response.   Does anyone else have that happen?

Here's a tip someone gave me on another thread. If they have a phone number listed on their ad and you don't wanna put it in your phone put it in the notes box that pops up when you first add them to your buddy list. So if they freeze their ad or it expires and the phone number is gone you will still have it.