Will Corona curtail your hiring?

Ajac
This topic is 1495 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps I am overly cautious, but I am refraining at the moment from hiring. Sensual massages often involve kissing and other potential activities for transmission. I have enough possibilities for exposure in my work life (which does not involve kissing, but does involve many people working in close proximity in an enclosed space) so I’d rather minimize risk elsewhere. That is, until I can’t take it anymore.

Did you hire masseurs the last year?

It was around 80 000 deaths from a regular flu in USA.

"In recent years, flu-related deaths have ranged from about 12,000 to — in the worst year — 56,000, according to the CDC.

Last fall and winter, the U.S. went through one of the most severe flu seasons in recent memory. It was driven by a kind of flu that tends to put more people in the hospital and cause more deaths, particularly among young children and the elderly.

The season peaked in early February. It was mostly over by the end of March, although some flu continued to circulate."

I do not see any reason do not having massages.

"In recent years, flu-related deaths have ranged from about 12,000 to — in the worst year — 56,000, according to the CDC.

Last fall and winter, the U.S. went through one of the most severe flu seasons in recent memory. It was driven by a kind of flu that tends to put more people in the hospital and cause more deaths, particularly among young children and the elderly.

The season peaked in early February. It was mostly over by the end of March, although some flu continued to circulate."

What does the flu have to do with Covid-19? It is more similar to pneumonia. As Anthony Fauci, of the president’s Coronavirus task force, has said - directly contradicting the false statements of the president - this disease is “ten times more deadly than the flu.”

Countries, states, metro areas that don't take this seriously, even for a couple weeks (e.g., Italy, Iran) experience mortality of over 5%. Those that take aggressive containment measures right away (e.g., quarantine & lockdowns, Singapore, Russia) limit it to less than 1%. This shit is dangerous, I am not hiring any traveling masseurs any time soon, sorry. I might hire a local here in Chicago if our rate starts to go down, and note that it's already low compared to the big coastal cities. Time to behave responsibly, not just for ourselves but for the wider community. And that means limiting our close interaction with unknown others, many people who carry the virus don't even know it.

https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

THIS IS NOT THE FLU, and it's not a strain of the flu. This is a new virus and you cannot compare it statistically to anything that exists right now.

Guest JakeAsherXXX

I had a masseur unload himself on my face yesterday, so I think I’m OK. I feel it was actually a protection layer from corona virus. I feel more confident.

Absolutely. It isn’t just about us, it’s about spreading a virus potentially exponentially that can have terrible impact upon our elderly loved ones and friends weakened by other illnesses. Much as I recently was tempted to hire, after thinking about the possibility of causing those in my circle of loved ones with weaker health potential problems should I somehow Inadvertently spread this virus to them, it was easy to commit to taking a break.

Edited by jeffla

Face cradles have cloth covers that are removed after the massage, and washed with the sheet that was used during your session. On multiple occasions while I am changing after a massage, the masseur will come in to prep for the next client and I have seen him remove that cloth face cradle cover and replace it with a fresh one, as he changes the sheet also. At least the masseurs I have been to change theirs. You can always request a fresh face cradle cloth cover before he starts the massage if you have any doubts.

I think that is high dreaming that gay masseures will change the face cradle cloth or even have a cloth. I would say over the years that about 1/2 do not use a cloth. I would hope they will now wipe down with disinfectant but I would rather have them remove the cloth and bring some lysol wipes. Yes some masseures are smart and will even publicize their cleaning techniques in their ads...has anyone seen that?

I had an appointment for a 4-handed session on Saturday with Bryan and Oscar (based in Houston, in Dallas for a few days) that I cancelled about an hour ago. Bryan was very understanding when I texted him. I'm disappointed as I haven't had a 4-handed in a while and had read many good reviews on them -- but better to err on the side of caution. Hope to see them the next time they're in town.