Should have been more careful

FreshFluff
This topic is 1571 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I was in a rush and ran out the door. I hadn’t noticed that a long shoelace had gotten stuck in the closed door. So, of course, I fell on the stone and hit/scraped my knee. It burns now.

And just as things were going well too. I’m now spending part of my birthday in urgent carecto see if it’s fractured or dislocated. Better my knee than my neck, I guess.

I

I was in a rush and ran out the door. I hadn’t noticed that a long shoelace had gotten stuck in the closed door. So, of course, I fell on the stone and hit/scraped my knee. It burns now.

And just as things were going well too. I’m now spending part of my birthday in urgent carecto see if it’s fractured or dislocated. Better my knee than my neck, I guess.

I am sorry, pussy cat! A few years ago I made a bad movement when getting into my seat to fly to my annual Argentinean vacation. Pure clumsiness. I did not noticed until I had to stand in Buenos Aires, but I had fucked up my meniscus. I could badly walk and needed a can. I ended having surgery a week after. I wish you better.

So glad it wasn't worse. It's a b***h when you start to get old - and I suspect you're younger than me. I'm an old fart.

Thanks, OneFinger. I can walk without much pain, but going up a c down stairs hurts.

TBH, Hitting my kneecap wouldn’t have been a big deal if I hadn’t just finished a year of medical adventures. The idea that I could have brought another round of surgery on myself—and on my friggin’ birthday—was scary.

You don’t sound old to me. You sound like an energetic road warrior.

Hippo birdies to ewe!

I've been dealing with a messed up MCL for the past two months that I don't remember injuring (went to bed fine, woke up with a lot of pain), so I'm glad your knee injury wasn't bad! As I recall, the last time I tripped and fell on my knee, as opposed to twisting it, turned out similar to your situation. I just had bruises for a week or so.

Three days before I was to leave for Vegas, I was walking down some stairs at a concert. The last stair was higher than all the rest and my foot turned as I stepped on the ground. I was in considerable pain and had to use a cane to walk. I didn't go to the doctor until I got back.

When I did go, the x-rays showed I fractured my foot. How I made it walking around Vegas for a week without reinjuring myself, I'll never know. Luckily the break was exactly six weeks before my trip to London, so the cast was off and my foot was healed for my trip.

Just yesterday as I walked to my orthropedic surgeon's office for an appointment. I noticed that my shoe lace was untied. I tied it only once. Before the attendant left her office, she noticed that the lace had come undone again and alerted me. In doing so, she relayed that she did not want me to have an accident. I appreciated her assistance and alertness. Thus I can identify, in part, with your dilemma, and I am glad that your knee was not badly injured.

...brought back a horrid memory: in 2005 I was in Santo Domingo on my way to a club in hopes of meeting a guy whom I'd adored and wanted to meet for at least four days of my trip. While I walked in the street with 4 other guys, I lagged behind and let my mind wander only to find myself falling into a drainage area of sort between street and curb. The guys came to my rescue and hailed a taxi for me. I returned to the hotel, in lots of pain, and scrambled to my room. ...left the room and ventured across the street to procure ice from a market, not an easy deal. ...remained in SD for 3 more days but w/o any desired and needed action. ...saw a very handsome physician with whom I had a wonderful and memorable conversation as well as assistance. ...returned to the States and had to have surgery which kept me out of commission for six weeks. ...could not drive and only remember taking a taxi to Whole Foods on two occasions; the fare was $50 RT and I was only about 10 miles away. ...recovered except for the very ugly scar left via of "the knife." ...sorry I selected the surgeon that I did....

I have much empathy for you all. As I become less and less young, the fear of falling stays top-of-mind.

Not there yet, but I am concerned too!

hqdefault.jpg

• 5 weeks later...