What’s your daily protocol to look good?

7829V
This topic is 1639 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest europeanman
Sorry, tx means therapy. IPL (intense pulse light) and Laser Genesis, which treat different issues. Nectifirm is also a great daily treatment for the neck area.

Thank you. I did IPL many years ago. Now I do chemical peels during the winter and some type of non ablative laser during the summer months. It feels good :)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IPL is good, but it's definitely now been trumped by BBL (broadband) lasers. Look into things like Forever Young and Halo... These lasers can make huge changes in someone's skin with very little downtime.

Now, if you've let it all go and need some serious help, that's when you look into CO2 lasers. Expect a week or more of downtime and some swelling, but it's a surefire way to even out skintone, blemishes and lip/eye wrinkling.

• 3 weeks later...

I like the Erno Laszlo program but it is expensive. On the other hand, my sister, who you would have to squeeze a penny out of her hand, has been using it for over 35 years. I keep to the basic program because like every company it would like you to buy everything they have to offer. However, it really helps my face out.

I like the Erno Laszlo program but it is expensive. On the other hand, my sister, who you would have to squeeze a penny out of her hand, has been using it for over 35 years. I keep to the basic program because like every company it would like you to buy everything they have to offer. However, it really helps my face out.

Years ago, I knew a waiter/model and his agency required all of their models to use the Lazlo program. My skincare program at the time consisted of bath soap and the cheapest moisturizing lotion I could buy and I thought it was silly to be spending all that money on the Lazlo products. After he'd been using the program for a couple of months, there really was a noticeable improvement in his skin quality.

Lipstick on this pig is just that. I’m a non medicating diabetic so diet and exercise are standard daily events - nothing special. As for “grooming” it’s a daily 5/7 minutes in the shower where I also shampoo and shave. For me there’s no worthwhile return on spending any more time or effort on grooming. What I DO have is great inherited genes. People I first meet seldom believe I’m in my 70’s. Thanks Mom!

Do you do anything to look good?

Exercise? How often? Gym? Have a personal trainer?

Skin care products you recommend? or any advice to have a good skin?

Do you apply any cream to your penis or anus?

Any meditation? yoga?

I would say, be what you are! Do excercise to be fit. Do meditation/ yoga to do inner engineering. To be honest most people will not look hot when age! It is nature and we should accept it. But yes take care of skin, body without being obsessive about it. For skin use regular moisturizer after gentle face wash.

Years ago, I knew a waiter/model and his agency required all of their models to use the Lazlo program. My skincare program at the time consisted of bath soap and the cheapest moisturizing lotion I could buy and I thought it was silly to be spending all that money on the Lazlo products. After he'd been using the program for a couple of months, there really was a noticeable improvement in his skin quality.

I’m glad both of you mentioned the Laszlo program. I said to myself months ago that I’ll replace all of my products with Erno Laszlo when they run out (it’s gonna be a while, as I’m a bit of a product junkie)

I’ve heard so many positive things about the line, and look forward to using it.

Guest europeanman

I had to google Laszlo. I was surprised I never heard them before :) I think its one more overpriced brand. There are no magic or patent ingredients in skincare. There is a number of well known actives used by all brands. So it makes no sense to buy an expensive brand and not a low price one with the same actives. I recently had this discussion with my dermatologist who pitched for Skinceuticals. At the end she gave up and told me that the most important is a good sunscreen... :)

I’m glad both of you mentioned the Laszlo program. I said to myself months ago that I’ll replace all of my products with Erno Laszlo when they run out (it’s gonna be a while, as I’m a bit of a product junkie)

I’ve heard so many positive things about the line, and look forward to using it.

I used to use Dr. Huaschka products, from Switzerland. I've just started feeling like spending time and money on primping and grooming again. It feels good.

I used to use Dr. Huaschka products, from Switzerland. I've just started feeling like spending time and money on primping and grooming again. It feels good.

Those are great products too!!!!

Im trying to get streamlined and only have one brand of products and use them consistently.

Out of everything I’ve ever used in my entire life, there was one prescription cream I used about 20 years ago that had amazing results. It was called Afirm.

It came in three strengths; 1x, 2x, and 3x

it was a retinol-based cream, and one of the first to use the microsponge “technology”. I was straight out of high school, and this cream cleared my acne, cleared razor irritations, tightened my pores, and made my skin glow all at the same time.

then out of the blue, the product was discontinued. ?

I had to google Laszlo. I was surprised I never heard them before :) I think its one more overpriced brand. There are no magic or patent ingredients in skincare. There is a number of well known actives used by all brands. So it makes no sense to buy an expensive brand and not a low price one with the same actives. I recently had this discussion with my dermatologist who pitched for Skinceuticals. At the end she gave up and told me that the most important is a good sunscreen... :)

Well one brand I found to be effective (that I think must be purchased from a dermatologist ), is Glytone.

The only reason why I won’t use it it that although it works, it’s uncomfortable to use... every product either stung, or made my skin super tight. I never felt normal when using it.

But it does work and will resolve a skin issue.

Out of everything I’ve ever used in my entire life, there was one prescription cream I used about 20 years ago that had amazing results. It was called Afirm.

It came in three strengths; 1x, 2x, and 3x

it was a retinol-based cream, and one of the first to use the microsponge “technology”. I was straight out of high school, and this cream cleared my acne, cleared razor irritations, tightened my pores, and made my skin glow all at the same time.

then out of the blue, the product was discontinued. ?

I usw retin-a sparingly for breakouts. If you get to it soon enough, it disappears in a day or two. I get cystic acne on my chest and that takes a like more time to go away.

Topicals don't need to be pricey. Laszlo is marked up because of the name, not because it's cutting edge skincare.

Look into Korean skincare regimens. Inexpensive and it works very well (or, as well as topicals can work).

https://sokoglam.com/pages/the-korean-skin-care-routine

While I don't use a lot of what Sokoglam is selling, this is a good reference point to how it all works. I do a 5-step program with regular sheet masks. The 10+ step programs are too much for me.

Brands I use and recommend: Missha, Mizzon, Hadalabo, The Ordinary.

Well one brand I found to be effective (that I think must be purchased from a dermatologist ), is Glytone.

The only reason why I won’t use it it that although it works, it’s uncomfortable to use... every product either stung, or made my skin super tight. I never felt normal when using it.

But it does work and will resolve a skin issue.

Glytone is readily available on Amazon. It's glycolic acid and like any higher-percentage GA, it works well in moderation.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=Glytone&ref=nb_sb_noss_2

I'm a bigger fan of NeoStrata's Glycolic cleanser, as it's a higher concentration than most (18%). A plastic surgeon friend of mine introduced me to this product and I use it once a week to keep my pores in check.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000HEKO4G/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And, if you're looking for a high-quality, inexpensive retinol serum, this is the holy grail:

https://www.sephora.com/product/the-ordinary-deciem-granactive-retinoid-2-emulsion-P427418

Glytone is readily available on Amazon. It's glycolic acid and like any higher-percentage GA, it works well in moderation.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=Glytone&ref=nb_sb_noss_2

I'm a bigger fan of NeoStrata's Glycolic cleanser, as it's a higher concentration than most (18%). A plastic surgeon friend of mine introduced me to this product and I use it once a week to keep my pores in check.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000HEKO4G/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And, if you're looking for a high-quality, inexpensive retinol serum, this is the holy grail:

https://www.sephora.com/product/the-ordinary-deciem-granactive-retinoid-2-emulsion-P427418

Thanks!!! I’m going to check these out. I’ve always been scared to buy the glytone products from amazon, as I didn’t know if they were expired (and I’m still not sure if expiration dates on skincare products matter that much at all)

Topicals don't need to be pricey. Laszlo is marked up because of the name, not because it's cutting edge skincare.

Look into Korean skincare regimens. Inexpensive and it works very well (or, as well as topicals can work).

https://sokoglam.com/pages/the-korean-skin-care-routine

While I don't use a lot of what Sokoglam is selling, this is a good reference point to how it all works. I do a 5-step program with regular sheet masks. The 10+ step programs are too much for me.

Brands I use and recommend: Missha, Mizzon, Hadalabo, The Ordinary.

Very true. However Lazlo has been around since the late 20s, early 30s so they are doing something right.

Has anyone used High Intensity Focused Ultrasound (HIFU)? My plastic pitched it as the miracle treatment. Anyone tried it?

While I haven't personally used it, I know a few guys who have (with mixed results).

HIFU has been around since mid-2012. It's known by a lot of 'commercial' names like Ulthera and Ultraformer. It's not a treatment for those needing/wanting immediate results. 2-3 months over the course of a multi-treatment cycle will show improvement.

This is a treatment for periodic upkeep, not for serious sagging skin.