I find Daniil Medvedev pretty attractive

Yeahman
This topic is 1351 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Give him a break, he was exhausted from playing the day before. He was having a bad day. We all have bad days. Yes I am sure he did things he regrets, but we all have. Many players have done much worse, like Serena last year in the finals. She attacks the lines people and acts like a total fool.

I once saw in person either an exhibition game or an interview with-well it was so long ago I barely remember it-with a tennis player who was past his time. I was either in high school or college. At first I was thinking it was John McEnroe. But the more I think about it, I think it might have been Jimmy Connors.

Whoever it was, I think he admitted to having not always conducted himself the way he should have. On the other hand, he made a point that they aim the microphones right at the players. And so everything they say may sound like they screamed it. He then brought up the point that they don't mike football players they way they do tennis players. Makes you wonder what kind things might be being said on the football field.

Gman

I once saw in person either an exhibition game or an interview with-well it was so long ago I barely remember it-with a tennis player who was past his time. I was either in high school or college. At first I was thinking it was John McEnroe. But the more I think about it, I think it might have been Jimmy Connors.

Whoever it was, I think he admitted to having not always conducted himself the way he should have. On the other hand, he made a point that they aim the microphones right at the players. And so everything they say may sound like they screamed it. He then brought up the point that they don't mike football players they way they do tennis players. Makes you wonder what kind things might be being said on the football field.

Gman

Conners and McEnroe acted out on tennis courts often for years. I enjoyed watching McEnroe play tennis, Connor not so much.

I find Medvedev a zero on the attractiveness scale but as they say, sobre el gusto no hay nada escrito (Spanish for "there's no accounting for taste").

But I do like that he's shaking up the Big Three. As much as I love Novak Djokovic (I live & die by his results), I find their dominance a bit tiresome. While the NextGen has broken through at the Masters 1000s and the World Tour Finals, the Big Three have had a stranglehold on the Slams for 3 years and counting. Medvedev couldn't quite get it done against Rafa, but he did come awfully close and has the best chance (IMHO) of ending the Big Three's Slam monopoly.

Re: Dominik Koepfer, one of the commentators mentioned that he's an absolute beast in the gym. And yeah, wow, does he have the body to show for it.

I find Medvedev a zero on the attractiveness scale but as they say, sobre el gusto no hay nada escrito (Spanish for "there's no accounting for taste").

But I do like that he's shaking up the Big Three. As much as I love Novak Djokovic (I live & die by his results), I find their dominance a bit tiresome. While the NextGen has broken through at the Masters 1000s and the World Tour Finals, the Big Three have had a stranglehold on the Slams for 3 years and counting. Medvedev couldn't quite get it done against Rafa, but he did come awfully close and has the best chance (IMHO) of ending the Big Three's Slam monopoly.

Re: Dominik Koepfer, one of the commentators mentioned that he's an absolute beast in the gym. And yeah, wow, does he have the body to show for it.

I feel the same way about Novak Djokovic. Not sure why because I have only seen him play once in person.

Novak often finds a way to win despite unfriendly crowd, and especially against Nadal and Federer.

Djokovic has never really been a favorite with the fans, because he came along and overshadowed Roger and Rafa's tennis bromance by actually outplaying both of them. I would not be surprised if he ended up passing some of their most cherished records, since he is a few years younger than they are, provided he can stay healthy.

• 2 weeks later...

There's a trio of young 6'6" Russians. The first I've ever heard of Medvedev as a sex symbol is this thread. Alexander Zverev (born & raised in Germany, but Russian parents & spoke Russian at home) has plenty of groupies, but he doesn't do it for me either.

The tall young Russian who drives me nuckin' futs is Karen Khachanov. (stress on 2nd syllable of his first name, silent "K" in his last name). He's often referred to as the missing Hemworth brother. While he definitely could pass for Chris & Liam's brunette brother, I think Karen is way cuter than his Aussie "brothers."

http://www.tennisnow.com/images/2018/February/Khachanov-2-24-18.aspx

• 11 months later...