Masseur Claims I Shorted Him - A YEAR Ago

Guest LeonTrotsky
This topic is 1826 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest LeonTrotsky

OK... tell me if you think I am being scammed:

A masseur I saw a few times texted me this today:

Hey dude, hope you’re well. Something I felt a little awkward about bringing up. At the last session we did, you shorted me 50. I’m sure that it wasn’t intentional. I never mentioned bc I thought we’d meet up again. Sorry for waiting so long to say something. Could I get you to cover?

But the last time I saw him was May of 2018 (!!!). Smells fishy - first I am extremely well organized and vigilant about doing the right thing. Second, he was always hitting on me to buy "packages" from him. Finally, he seems to have left a place where he hosted guys on rather bad terms.

What do you think? How would you respond??

P.S. Let me add - we have texted several times over the year since that last appointment and the topic NEVER came up once!

Edited by Guest

Guest LeonTrotsky

To bring this full circle...

I contacted another masseur who knows the guy in question and, in fact, used to provide him space for his sessions.

The guy is a mountain of problems and has, indeed, been mass e-mailing people asking for money claiming that he was shorted. I definitely want to have some fun with this guy, even though there is clearly something profoundly sad going on in his life right now to make him do this.

I just hope his other "victims" are able to see through his scam.

Being shorted needs to be handled that day - no later. I've been a victim of over-paying for services never rendered (sensual instead of therapeutic, only to end up with therapeutic), but that's my bad for always paying up front. Based on that, I only start small in duration with time to feel out my experience and reduce the chances of being accused of under donating since the amount given is smaller.

I would reply with something on the order of:

"Hey dude",

I'm returning herewith your recent email, as it must have been intended for someone else, and I wouldn't want you to miss out on recovering your $50.00.

I'd be concerned that this would just encourage him. "No, I meant you, Leon. I thought you knew."

Better to just not reply.

Guest LeonTrotsky

by the way ---

he just gave up and went away (at least for now....)

petty annoyance on the road of life.

I'd be concerned that this would just encourage him. "No, I meant you, Leon. I thought you knew."

Better to just not reply.

In that event. I would follow-up with a reply that would have unmistakable clarity.

Guest LeonTrotsky
Posting his phone number would be sharing personal information which is a TOS violation.

Are you sure you wanted to post his first name?

Cooper

If anyone would like details as to the identity of my transgressor in hiding. Just let me know!