Weekday Clients

Ryan Roman
This topic is 1808 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

So I've typically only seen clients on weekends (as it's really a side hustle and I have a more traditional career during the week). However, I decided to take Monday off, indicated I was available online, and had 3 inquires in less than 10 minutes (with one booking for Wednesday evening). I never really thought about taking clients during the week. For those who care to reply, how busy are you during the week?

So I've typically only seen clients on weekends (as it's really a side hustle and I have a more traditional career during the week). However, I decided to take Monday off, indicated I was available online, and had 3 inquires in less than 10 minutes (with one booking for Wednesday evening). I never really thought about taking clients during the week. For those who care to reply, how busy are you during the week?

Will respond as a client. ? During the week, my time is very limited. Ive never had a 9 to 5 type job, it almost always require me to work long hours during the week. Add in commute time, exercise time and then the need to eat after gym... So fun time for me tends to be over the weekends. Do I sometimes feel the need for company during the week? Sure, but that is usually not preplanned, more spur of the moment so I usually fire up Grindr...

Will respond as a client. ? During the week, my time is very limited. Ive never had a 9 to 5 type job, it almost always require me to work long hours during the week. Add in commute time, exercise time and then the need to eat after gym... So fun time for me tends to be over the weekends. Do I sometimes feel the need for company during the week? Sure, but that is usually not preplanned, more spur of the moment so I usually fire up Grindr...

I suspect that's true for most men, but the hit rate this morning was a big surprise for me...

Lifetime revenue by day of the week:

http://laterslater.com/Days.png

Kevin Slater

Thank you Kevin. That's really illustrative, perhaps moreso for someone like me who only sees clients on a part time basis as a result of my traditional career. But maybe it's time to revisit the paradigm I've used over the past 3 years since I started seeing clients after a decade of inactivity. Thanks again, @KevinSlater, for sharing your data.

Im self employed with a very flexible schedule. I love weekday/daytime appointments! I often schedule them around a planned home office workday so I can host regulars who I already know at my home.

I'm a weekday client-usually Thursday afternoon for a 2-3 hour appointment.

Thanks for replying. I'll admit I do enjoy a 2 hour client... You really get to know them a lot better than in just a one hour session... Thanks for sharing.

Im self employed with a very flexible schedule. I love weekday/daytime appointments! I often schedule them around a planned home office workday so I can host regulars who I already know at my home.

With it being summer, my schedule is much more flexible, so perhaps for Summer 2019 I'll expand my availability... Thanks for sharing what works for you. ?

nooners are very popular!

Who wouldn't like to have an excuse like visiting you to get out of the office? Perfect rest and release, a coffee and back to work, besides traffic in big cities is not heavy during the middle of the day.

As a client, and a frequent business traveler, weekdays are usually my opportune time to schedule I generally schedule while visiting other cities while traveling for work.

I will say, this may result in me needing to try to pencil something in well in advance, as I have flights, meetings and potentially scheduling extra days. I think it can come across as me being a flake or just giving a run around.

Edited by Midwestern Guy

In New York (especially during the warmer seasons) I find Monday & Wednesday to be the busiest. The city is a ghost town on weekends as people are eager to get to Fire Island, The Hamptons, P-town, anywhere but Manhattan. There are tourists but that lacks consistency.

Similar situation in Paris where I am now based. I find I am incredibly busy during the week around the end of the work day. Weekends are quiet with the exception of tourists.