CANCELED - 2020 Palm Springs Weekend! #17

Oliver
This topic is 1515 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ontario is the nearest relatively large airport, however, it is about forty-five minute minutes to an hour drive from Palm Springs on a good day. On the Monday morning after Coachella it would likely take a lot more time. Flights into the Palm Springs Airport "can be" more expensive than those into and out of Ontario, Orange County, LAX, or Burbank but the location of these airports make them a major hassle. All of the attendees using the Palm Springs Airport have remarked on how easy and convenient it is. It is also located only about ten minutes from downtown Palm Springs and the locations of our events.

Ontario is the nearest relatively large airport, however, it is about forty-five minute minutes to an hour drive from Palm Springs on a good day. On the Monday morning after Coachella it would likely take a lot more time. Flights into the Palm Springs Airport "can be" more expensive than those into and out of Ontario, Orange County, LAX, or Burbank but the location of these airports make them a major hassle. All of the attendees using the Palm Springs Airport have remarked on how easy and convenient it is. It is also located only about ten minutes from downtown Palm Springs and the locations of our events.

Does the PSP airport have any rules on where Uber drivers pick up passengers? I like the idea that it's going to be a short drive from the airport to the Inndulge hotel.

Now you've got me wondering whether I should forego renting a car and just Lyft my way around for the weekend...

After last year I wondered the same thing. For me, it was convenient to make those last minute dashes to the liquor store or drug store. When I realized I averaged six times a day that I would have hired Uber, I realized that it was cheaper to have the rental for the week.

After last year I wondered the same thing. For me, it was convenient to make those last minute dashes to the liquor store or drug store. When I realized I averaged six times a day that I would have hired Uber, I realized that it was cheaper to have the rental for the week.

Thats a lot of trips per day to the drug store and liquor store!!

Does the PSP airport have any rules on where Uber drivers pick up passengers? I like the idea that it's going to be a short drive from the airport to the Inndulge hotel.

I can't speak for Uber (but @Epigonos did) but there is a taxi rank at the front and that's what I used first trip, 12 or so bux, minimal wait and there was a dispatcher there. I rented a car last year but that was mainly because I was driving to Vegas then on to LAX for my flight home.

I can't speak for Uber (but @Epigonos did) but there is a taxi rank at the front and that's what I used first trip, 12 or so bux, minimal wait and there was a dispatcher there. I rented a car last year but that was mainly because I was driving to Vegas then on to LAX for my flight home.

These days I like convenience... I will take this offer and will talk to the dispatcher for getting a taxi... Thanks @mike carey !

I booked a rental car but SEPARATE TOPIC...

I'm arriving Friday evening and, at this point, don't expect to book an appointment with a gent for that night. But I would love to connect for dinner/drinks/dessert with any forum folk who aren't -- ahem -- otherwise occupied. SO: FWIW.

I'm arriving Thursday, but -- ahem -- I pre-booked to see a gentleman-friend. However, after my short rendezvous, I will be available to meet for dinner/drinks/dessert. I will ask if my gentleman-friend wants to join us and will let you know as we get closer to the event... Cheers!

yes, Monday morning after the weekend, I-10 west toward LA was incredibly heavy a couple years ago (a buddy and I were trying to get to the nearest LA Fitness in Redlands) after a Coachella weekend.....it did loosen up near the 60 junction in Beaumont, though.......really a colossal amount of humanity on the highway that day!!

That's because the 10 is the only way out of Palm Springs, unless you go down to Palm Desert and take the 74 over the mountain to Hemet.

If you're talking about Palm Springs Liquor, the one with the yellow sign, there is no way in hell that's a 2 minute walk.

Rob

It depends on how motivated you are. Is the one of which you are speaking a seedy place in an alley about 2 blocks from Canyon Club? Might I note you did not mention my evaluation of the drug store at Canyon Club.

It depends on how motivated you are. Is the one of which you are speaking a seedy place in an alley about 2 blocks from Canyon Club? Might I note you did not mention my evaluation of the drug store at Canyon Club.

I think we're talking about the same place, but I also think it's more than two blocks. If it's not, they're two very long blocks.

And I didn't say anything about your drug comment at Canyon Club because I've never witnessed any drug transactions there.

Rob

I always make sure that I book my flights far enough ahead so that I am assured of a direct flight into PS. I hate having to stop off in Phoenix (from Chicago) and then go on from there. When I have arrived I find the PS airport fairly easy to navigate (and I typically hate airports) and if for some reason you need to spend time waiting for a ride there is a large courtyard area that is pleasant to hang out in if you don't want to stay inside the building. Finally, once I got to where I was staying (the Hacienda - which is right around the corner from Inndulge - another resort members stay at) I really did not find it too far to walk to various stores if you need necessities. And I am not a big walker.