RIP Kaye Ballard

rvwnsd
This topic is 1930 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

As reported in the New York Times, among other news sources, "Kaye Ballard, whose long career as a comedian, actress and nightclub performer included well-regarded runs in “The Golden Apple” and “Carnival!” on Broadway and a classic turn as a television mother-in-law, died on Monday at her home in Rancho Mirage, Calif. She was 93...."

I LOVED that show when I was a kid and watched it in syndication. I also loved her whenever she would appear on "Love American Style."

During Christmas vacation I saw her on an early episode of Match Game and out of curiosity I googled her. I was shocked to learn she was still alive as she had not been seen on TV in decades and not only that she is (was) younger than Betty White! (also a seat #6 alum.) May she RIP.

She falls into the Abe Vigoda 'He/She was still alive?!?' category that you'd have thought died a long time before.

Vigoda made a living off that running gag for years. He did, though, unlike Kaye Ballad / Doris Day, make occasional TV appearances in the last few decades (remember the super bowl commercial?) and even when still relatively young he looked 20 years older than he actually was.