What Would Be Your One Forever Food?

Avalon
This topic is 1953 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If I could have but one food for the rest of my life it would be pizza with anchovies and pineapple. I don't think I've eaten pizza this century. I was so surprised when friends told me how unhealthy it was. It has all the food groups. Bread, meat, fruit, vegetables, dairy.

If you leave out what makes it unhealthy it's not so bad like heavy dose of cheese and greasy meats. But uh, I don't want any of your pizza. Anchovies and pineapple are the items I don't want.

Edited by 510guy

If you leave out what makes it unhealthy it's not so bad like heavy does of cheese and greasy meats then it can be meat. But uh, I don't want any of your pizza. Anchovies and pineapple are the items I don't want.

It’s all the unhealthy stuff that makes it so tasty. Get rid of the meats and the cheese and all that’s left is bread crust with tomato sauce-not horrible but kind of boring.

It’s all the unhealthy stuff that makes it so tasty. Get rid of the meats and the cheese and all that’s left is bread crust with tomato sauce-not horrible but kind of boring.

True. Isn't a margherita pizza though light in cheese and using prosciutto so just seems healthier. But still not healthy.

But I still like pizza.

True. Isn't a margherita pizza though light in cheese and using prosciutto so just seems healthier. But still not healthy.

But I still like pizza.

Prosciutto is certainly leaner than pepperoni or salami. I enjoy pizza, but it's one of those things that isn't very satisfying. You inhale all that saturated fat and excess salt, yet an hour later you're hungry.

I'm not a cook. Friday night I'd but a pizza and a six pack of diet Pepsi and I'd be set for the weekend.

Sometimes at the Subway Shop I'd buy 5 foot long sandwiches. I'd be set for the entire week.

Taco Bell had a 10 pack. I'd get 5 tacos and 5 burritos and be set for several days.

There was an East Indian place. I'd get half-a-dozen items for take home and I'd be set for days.

Such fond memories!

Really? I love medium crust pizza with olives or mushrooms. Pepperoni is good but the nitrates scare me.

I'm not a cook. Friday night I'd but a pizza and a six pack of diet Pepsi and I'd be set for the weekend.

Sometimes at the Subway Shop I'd buy 5 foot long sandwiches. I'd be set for the entire week.

Taco Bell had a 10 pack. I'd get 5 tacos and 5 burritos and be set for several days.

There was an East Indian place. I'd get half-a-dozen items for take home and I'd be set for days.

Such fond memories!

No wonder you have the medical issues you’ve cataloged!!

I know. But as I've said diabetes is genetic in my family.

Oh please.....with your choices below

Friday night I'd but a pizza and a six pack of diet Pepsi and I'd be set for the weekend.

Oh please.....with your choices below

In my pre diabetic days I tried to stay away from sweets and candies. But I did like potatoes especially baked ones. I think that Wendy's used to have a good one. And I liked to make sandwiches. As I said I don't cook so I could buy a loaf of bread and luncheon meat and be all set.

A blood rare rib eye steak in one hand and a nice glass of Pinot Noir in the other.

I count calories in order to maintain my weight but beyond that I eat exactly what I want. I'm 78 and I'll be damned if I'm going to eat rabbit food just to live a month or two longer.

I like ground rabbit. Years ago (80s) I had several (female) friends who were on a diet program. They had to go in and weigh every morning and there were pills they had to take. One's husband was a butcher and he made ground rabbit. It was good. Very lean. I used it like hamburger.