What Kind Of Bedside Clock Do You Have?

Avalon
This topic is 2017 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I was watching the recent episode of "A Million Little Things". It began with a couple (male, female) in bed when the clock radio went off. And she asked "Who still has a clock radio anymore?".

I have a clock radio. I've never ever set the alarm nor have I played the radio. I wouldn't know how to set it for either. I just use it to tell time.

It is digital and the numbers are red.

One time I got a clock with green numbers but it lit up the room. So I quickly replaced it with red.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I’m with @Avalon and red numbers, 3 levels of brightness, no radio. Like for others, it’s a bedside clock only, convenient for checking time in the middle of the night. iPhone for alarms and for fall asleep timed music, or old time radio shows...I love laying in bed listening to those.

I bought a CD clock radio (blue numbers) about 15 years ago and thought it was the coolest thing. The CD player stopped working after about 5 years. I still have it on my night table though, as long as the clock works. I can't do the "fall asleep to timed music" thing as I'm always afraid that I won't fall asleep before the time is up. Then what do you do? Totally screwed! o_O

I have one like this that projects the time on the ceiling so I can see it more or less in any position at night.

https://store.oregonscientific.com/us/rm313pna-hip-cool-projection-clock-temperature-blue.html

You need red. Don’t get blue or green lights anywhere in your bedroom, it will interfere with your melatonin production, and will make it less easy to fall asleep.

Edited by Tarte Gogo

I have one like this that projects the time on the ceiling so I can see it more or less in any position at night.

https://store.oregonscientific.com/us/rm313pna-hip-cool-projection-clock-temperature-blue.html

You need red. Don’t get blue or green lights anywhere in your bedroom, it will interfere with your melatonin production, and will make it less easy to fall asleep.

Twice, as a gift, I've given a clock that projects the time on the ceiling. Both recipients have said how much they like it. I should get one for myself to replace the a 20+ year old digital Sony clock radio with green numbers I currently have. Might sleep better.

Just bought one!

I've got the same thing. Love it! I have mine project on the wall by my bed so I only have to open one eye to see the time. And I agree with Tarte - get red!

Presumably you reset the time twice a year. If you can do that, I'd be willing to bet you could figure out how to play the radio.

I'm afraid to try. I might set the alarm and not be able to unset it. One clock I bought I could not figure out how to set the time but somehow set the alarm but it was early in the morning. I thought it was the smoke detector. I was able to stop it but could not undo it. Finally I put the clock in a sack and beat it to death with a hammer and put it the trash bin behind the building.

I had a good friend who helped me with all things mechanical but he died several years ago.