My Meds

Avalon
This topic is 1925 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

That's good. But it sounds like you're hesitant to go see him. Is that just because of transportation? Can your landlord take you?

If nothing else, one trip to your GP every 6 months will save you a lot of time and hassle in getting prescriptions from the ER.

I'd love to be able to go see him. It's just a matter of my mobility and transportation. I can not walk far without my legs getting weak and needing to set down.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd love to be able to go see him. It's just a matter of my mobility and transportation. I can not walk far without my legs getting weak and needing to set down.

Have you talked to your landlord about this? If he's washing your sheets, he will almost certainly help you find someone to drive you over or do it himself.

Have you talked to your landlord about this? If he's washing your sheets, he will almost certainly help you find someone to drive you over or do it himself.

I am not physically able to walk outside to get to a car. I am barely able to walk around my apartment.

I've had this doctor for maybe 30 years. He bought the practice from my previous doctor who was retiring.

He is a GREAT doctor!!!

How is he a "GREAT" doctor?

So, stop and set down. Then go a little further. Stop and set down again. Etc. Sounds like your wonderful landlord would be willing to drive you, so just a matter of house to car, car to office, that no doubt will be handicap accessible.

How is my doctor GREAT? He has always been there to help me. He's taken care of cellulitis on my right leg. He helped me cope with my diabetes.

I've been a diabetic for over 10 years.

Regarding cellulitis - hospitalized two weeks in 1999, one week in 2006. It came back in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 but meds and shots took care of it.

The 2006 was especially bad. After I got out of the hospital I had to have a shot every day for 10 days. I went into his office but it is closed on the weekend. He came to my home on Easter Sunday.

The last time you left your home, how did you do it?

I would go out every week and start the car engine up and let it run for a few minutes. In mid April I drove and went to get my mail at the rent box. The next week I went out and started up the car. The week after when I went out I fell in the parking lot. Someone saw me and called the rescue squad. I was not physically injured. They put me on the gurney and got me back inside my apartment where I have been ever since.

I would go out every week and start the car engine up and let it run for a few minutes. In mid April I drove and went to get my mail at the rent box. The next week I went out and started up the car. The week after when I went out I fell in the parking lot. Someone saw me and called the rescue squad. I was not physically injured. They put me on the gurney and got me back inside my apartment where I have been ever since.

So you successfully left home weekly except for that one incident. Has your arthritis worsened since then? Or are you staying home out of concern that it might happen again?

I did the green smoothies thing all summer and I guess I expected too much. Everyday a whole blender full of spinach, ginger, apples, carrot juice, cinnamon, chocolate protein mix, and yogurt. Other than my nails and hair growing twice as fast I just don't notice anything different than if I'd been eating pb&j sandwiches all summer. Am I missing something?

So you successfully left home weekly except for that one incident. Has your arthritis worsened since then? Or are you staying home out of concern that it might happen again?

Both. Sometimes my knees can be very painful. Sometimes they make a noise when I walk. I can tell when they are especially bad when they feel warm.

I have been worried about the cellulitis returning but then again my leg will be especially warm and thankfully it hasn't been.

I am not physically able to walk outside to get to a car. I am barely able to walk around my apartment.

Getting you to a doctor is easy!! I helped a friend who couldn't even walk across a room with a walker. Get a wheelchair from somewhere. You get in wheelchair, someone pushes you to car, you get in car, they drive you to doctor, you get out of car into wheelchair, they push you into see your doctor and repeat process to get you home. Trying to get to the doctor just using the walker might be difficult. Wheelchair makes it super easy and safe for all concerned. I helped my friend over 25 times and never had a problem.

Both. Sometimes my knees can be very painful. Sometimes they make a noise when I walk. I can tell when they are especially bad when they feel warm.

I have been worried about the cellulitis returning but then again my leg will be especially warm and thankfully it hasn't been.

Please talk to your landlord about this. I am almost sure he can find a solution that will get you to the doctor in a wheelchair, no walking involved.

Or call your doctor's office and tell him why you can't come in. His staff can make similar arrangements. I live near a medical complex, and there are vans constantly coming in carrying people in wheelchairs.

This is doable, Avalon. You can get to the doctor, and he can help you more mobile.

I forgot to mention the cannabis issue.

High CBD, low THC varieties in edible form are amazing. CBD is a pain reliever while THC is the hallucinogen.

I am still on chemo (for the rest of my life) and the cannabis has been amazing on cutting down side effects, stimulating appetite, allowing for restful sleep, and reducing my chronic back pain by 75%.

I get it in gummy form - cookies, brownies and the like get stale too quickly.

Along w/ vaping cannibis I also take CBD oil capsules - even with 21% THC, I never experience any hallucingens! Either my system? Or that aspect is greatly exaggerated? I use some edibles when traveling - lollypops mostly as I don’t like gummies! I use a dropper to give CBD to the 12yo Pom I adopted in April - helps her hind quarters.

Yes, cannabis is a miracle drug. Pain relief, conviviality, deep sleep and enhanced sexual pleasure. In moderation, of course. I think Avalon would benefit.

But what about the g-d awful reek? If I were taking it, I'd need the capsule-or whatever form Marinol is.

Gman

How is my doctor GREAT? He has always been there to help me. He's taken care of cellulitis on my right leg. He helped me cope with my diabetes.

I've been a diabetic for over 10 years.

Regarding cellulitis - hospitalized two weeks in 1999, one week in 2006. It came back in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 but meds and shots took care of it.

The 2006 was especially bad. After I got out of the hospital I had to have a shot every day for 10 days. I went into his office but it is closed on the weekend. He came to my home on Easter Sunday.

If he came to your house in 2006 why has he not done so after you being housebound for 8 months, but just keeps you overmedicated instead? Doesn't sound like such a great doctor to me.